• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Blech. Why does Smash 4 get the shaft? Why isn't Marvel on Saturday?
EVO goes by the "One Game Per Franchise on Sunday" rule. And since Melee brings in more viewers, it makes sense to have Melee on Sunday. If they do away with the rule next year, I could see UMvC3 getting bumped to Saturday in favor of Smash 4.

Dahbomb

Assuming there is even going to be a Marvel 3 next year.

Not completely out of the question but it has to do well at EVO this year.

BadWolf

EVO goes by the "One Game Per Franchise on Sunday" rule. And since Melee brings in more viewers, it makes sense to have Melee on Sunday. If they do away with the rule next year, I could see UMvC3 getting bumped to Saturday in favor of Smash 4.

They should not do away with that rule.

MrWizard

Evo Co-Founder
It really isn't a hardbound rule, but its more of a guideline. We think it creates a better show if we incorporate as many different communities as possible on Sunday.

Neoxon

It really isn't a hardbound rule, but its more of a guideline. We think it creates a better show if we incorporate as many different communities as possible on Sunday.
Which makes sense.

By the way, did you guys reach a final decision on Ibuki now that you have the results from the poll?

Slaythe

EVO Sunday Finals order according to Wizard

MKXL
UMvC3
GGXrd:R
Melee
SFV

Yo that Xrd promotion.

Pretty dope. It had great hype and numbers last year ! Hopefully this year too.

I just don't want to see only Johnnys and Elphelt with Sin sometimes in the top 8. :(

It does, it's a great idea.

jbug617

Banned
Tekken 7 is going to be at E3 according to IGN
CkQ5V3iUgAAcinB.jpg
Credit to Wonkey

vulva

Stop thinking you know things that you don't.

FACE

Banned
That would require 3D fighters to be made, and the couple that are currently made to be supported in any real capacity. Maybe we'll see Tekken be bigger when it comes out on console in 20XX.

Tekken 7 is supported.

If you live in Japan.

NotLiquid

Pretty incredible to see UMvC3 knocked down a peg and that GGXRD rep. I approve.

I can imagine it's going to be kind of hard to justify not having a Sunday slot for Smash 4 in subsequent EVOs if it still remains. The game has come into it's own in a huge way after balance patches have evened the playing field, including ZeRo actually taking some losses with the first two in a row ever since Mexico Saga. It feels like there's a lot more excitement these days and even if Melee is still somewhat ahead in terms of viewers/legacy numbers, it's getting increasingly hard to undermine Smash 4. I feel like it can be doable but Saturday might end up being somewhat constrained for it moving onward.

Also I really hope Capcom manage to get Ibuki out in a timely matter. I really want to see her in EVO.

Xrd being first last year was nice, got to come down, watch that, then leave evo and and enjoy vegas the rest of sunday, until I was back playing persona casuals

RIP DMC5 dream. ;__;

They JUST started full development of DMC5 early this year, they aint got shit to show yet

Resident Evil 7 and Dead Rising 4 are their big E3 announcements this year

Maybe you'll get a teaser trailer at TGS like the last couple of DMCs

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
It was about the same as any other superhero movie. Not good or anything but not offensively bad. Other than the dumb quicksilver thing, that went on forever.
i feel that there was too much character drama, no real sense of urgency or danger driving the plot like in the last movie

but i do genuinely like the characters a lot more than the general marvel universe cast, and thought it was still entertaining

Honestly I just want info from ASW on when it's happening at this point :(
I was hoping to get MrWizard to spoil it. :-/

I just survived hosting my girl's slumber party. Please tell me when I can play Tekkan7 on the PS4.
Xrd-R is tomorrow!

So blazblue is getting a mobile brawler

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/29/blazblue-revolution-reburning-release-june-8-mobile/

I'll probably give it a 5 minute try
Looks horrible!

Oreo Milkshake. So good.

I'll take care of the EVO thread as usual.
Oreo milkshakes are the best!

Morning spot for MKX :(
I'll be up to watch it. :)

It was about the same as any other superhero movie. Not good or anything but not offensively bad. Other than the dumb quicksilver thing, that went on forever.
You rank all of the Marvel movies about the same?

shaowebb

Man, both KOF 14 and Injustice 2. I'm gonna be friggin set for both a main string based fighter and a main non string based fighter soon. Whats more there is a major Musou announcement with hints of a possible western IP. That pretty well sounds like a year or so of gaming for me easy. :)

Plus the Brook PCB stuff is looking damned good for me to upgrade too so my stick worries will be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom