• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So blazblue is getting a mobile brawler

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/29/blazblue-revolution-reburning-release-june-8-mobile/

I'll probably give it a 5 minute try

I dislike sidescrollers or anything that requires more than a tap or slide on mobile. I got Metal Slug X in a humble bundle for my phone a while ago, and thought I would give it a go one random day since I love the series. It did nothing but frustrate me in how awkward it felt playing. Inaccurate inputs make doing things like crouch and crouch walking can be easily mixed up since it is close together. Also your fingers are blocking a section of the screen because you need to input that way. In general the phone also isn't very ergonomic to play a whole game. A big problem with touchpads and screens in general is no tactile feedback, on a controller I can feel when I go right or on an arcade stick I can feel out the corners of the square gate that I hit a diagonal, but on a touch pad, there is no feeling or touch that gives me the feedback, since neutral and right is a few centimeters apart or so. I would actually be interested in a brawler from Arcsys if they put effort into one and branch out in trying some other things. I like their take on Hard Corps, I hope it gets ported to PC or something one day.

vulva

i feel that there was too much character drama, no real sense of urgency or danger driving the plot like in the last movie

but i do genuinely like the characters a lot more than the general marvel universe cast, and thought it was still entertaining
I think my biggest problem is that at this point it just felt like an exercise in repetition. It didn't really offer anything new and the character reactions/interactions just felt all too much like the same old. It wasn't really any worse than the other ones, but just way too familiar.

You rank all of the Marvel movies about the same?

Pretty much all superhero movies really. They're all just exposition with pretty thinly developed messages underneath.

vulva

I don't consider Pokken to be a 3D fighter. I categorize it as an "Arena Fighter".

Fair enough. Though I felt like Guardians of the Galaxy had a very 80s comedy vibe to it.

funny enough that's one of the ones I liked less since it kept thinking it was funny and just felt obnoxious

pizzacat

Banned
Guardians still had that marvel™ Structure™ for what was told by many as "the most different and weird marvel film yet"

Camera work was pretty different tho, well at least in some scenes.

That mom scene tho lol how dumb

funny enough that's one of the ones I liked less since it kept thinking it was funny and just felt obnoxious
Hum. It got a few sincere laughs out of me. Your description was how I felt about Jurassic World, though. What are a few comedies you enjoy to a high degree?

vulva

Hum. It got a few sincere laughs out of me. Your description was how I felt about Jurassic World, though. What are a few comedies you enjoy to a high degree?

I don't really like comedies much, to be honest. I guess in recent years I liked Nightcrawler, The Lobster, Mistress America, Grandma, etc. The Big Lebowski's a good classic comedy too, or Pulp Fiction.

I don't really like comedies much, to be honest. I guess in recent years I liked Nightcrawler, The Lobster, Mistress America, Grandma, etc. The Big Lebowski's a good classic comedy too, or Pulp Fiction.
Aside from Nightcrawler being a comedy, fair list.

vulva

People getting brutally murdered and being caught on camera passes off as comedy these days?

Damn I need to watch more of these "comedies".

You might like Trainspotting, Full Metal Jacket and A Clockwork Orange then for other good dark comedies.

shaowebb

In case you missed it Ed Boon is tweeting boot images to tease again and it looks like Atrocitus is being teased IMO.

bildschirmfoto07jlasfvt5.png

My hope is Dex-Starr is his character trait and that Dex-Starr is used for attacks and setups.

pizzacat

Banned
In case you missed it Ed Boon is tweeting boot images to tease again and it looks like Atrocitus is being teased IMO.

bildschirmfoto07jlasfvt5.png

My hope is Dex-Starr is his character trait and that Dex-Starr is used for attacks and setups.
Or or or

They bought the def Jam ip and want to make a good game this time

shaowebb

All I know is that if we get a Red lantern and somehow Dex-Starr is a part of their moveset we will have one of the biggest comic book fan nods I've ever heard of. Folks fucking LOVE Dex-Starr and anytime any Red Lantern stuff is mentioned it turns into a conversation about how awesome that doomkitty is.

I could see Dex-Starr working like a Ferra Torr situation. Big armored dude with a throwable person that can be used for ranged attacks...possibly long range grabs or stun states?

YoungOne

Just finished a few trials. Some of these could actually be taken into a match, one of the trails for elph even taught one of her unblockable set ups.

Spuck-uk

Banned
The salt on Twitter from Smash 4 fans has been glorious.

I'm just glad I only have one of those constantly overrunning platform games to endure this year.

Skilletor

Xrd-R is here! But Raven is not. -_-

I was so pissed last night. I wanted to play Kum, but I can't even buy her when the game is released. These stores need to update when the shit I've bought is available to play.

Ugh.

Oh, btw, we moved into a house and are having a house warming party in a few weeks. You should come play some GG. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom