• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
reminder

UmhIyub.jpg

It doesn't make a difference really. When Crash was first announced, I sent eventhubs all the info possible, yet no article was written until Crash started. They do no promotion for these big tournaments so most people don't know these tournaments take place until the tournament starts.

First day is the qualifier to be the 8th player in this 8 man ft5 round robin.

Real tournament starts 12:30 am pacific, 3:30 am eastern wednesday. Following day is 3 am pacific, 6 am eastern.

http://www.douyu.com/utt

You think capcom will use ps4k as an advantage and release SFV remaster on it as a launch title? with S1 included they can all it "Game of the year" edition. I think that can boost sales for SFV....

Also speaking of GoTy you think if injustice comes out this year it can take the fighting game of the year award from SFV? Even if the gameplay is not up to par...

You think capcom will use ps4k as an advantage and release SFV remaster on it as a launch title? with S1 included they can all it "Game of the year" edition. I think that can boost sales for SFV....

Also speaking of GoTy you think if injustice comes out this year it can take the fighting game of the year award from SFV? Even if the gameplay is not up to par...

Xrd might take it like 2014

shaowebb

Man I am looking forward to this year. I'm still having fun playing my various anime fighters but Injustice 2 and KOF 14 are system sellers for me and I'm getting BOTH! I can't wait to try Kukri, Mui Mui, and sleepy dude out and I am super excited to go rock on TYM again and play Injustice. I got a local scene south of me so I may just travel on weekends a few hours and spend a day at a time grinding it out again. I got a place I can stay down there so I can travel, sleep, go game for a day, then spend a day with folks I miss before heading back to work the next day . My schedule should allow for it for 2 to 3 weekends at a time a month in between outage crew work.

If I can get a KOF crew going I'll be set!

Man I am looking forward to this year. I'm still having fun playing my various anime fighters but Injustice 2 and KOF 14 are system sellers for me and I'm getting BOTH! I can't wait to try Kukri, Mui Mui, and sleepy dude out and I am super excited to go rock on TYM again and play Injustice. I got a local scene south of me so I may just travel on weekends a few hours and spend a day at a time grinding it out again. I got a place I can stay down there so I can travel, sleep, go game for a day, then spend a day with folks I miss before heading back to work the next day . My schedule should allow for it for 2 to 3 weekends at a time a month in between outage crew work.

Not a big fan of injustice or new NRS games they feel too stiff but I hope Kof 14 picks up. Although the graphics are ps2 level the gameplay might be good which is the most important part in a FG anyway.

ShinMaruku

Personally with DOA,SF and Xrd I have had a great time with fighting games thus far. I just need a good pool of similar skilled players for sf and xrd and I am golden.

Sayad

I expect them to re-release a physical version of the game with every season, like USFIV's physical release, get all the characters and costumes up to that point.

1) No. There's no advantage to PS4k for SFV. None that actually matters, anyways.

2) Injustice will win more awards than SFV can imagine. Bank on it.

Amedo310

Already got three ps4s and six arcade sticks ready for my local meet-ups since I'm the only guy that plays KOF at all. I think already expects me to prepare meet-ups at this point at xanadu games.

Rhapsody

Banned
This is how fucked APEX is this year. Their reg drive ended with 539 attendees.

https://smash.gg/tournament/apex-2016/details

Low Tier City, a Smash tournament in Plano, Texas the same weekend will have 734 attendees, and will have Mang0 for Melee, and ZeRo, Nairo, and ESAM for Smash 4.

https://smash.gg/tournament/low-tier-city-4/details

Yeah, Apex's timing is just... rather unfortunate lol. Not too hype for this one tbh, but we'll see.

IMO, I don't think Apex is a series worth sustaining in name. I forget who's running it now.

FACE

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";206028961]How are you supposed to break TACs on head to head setups? Worst setup ever.[/QUOTE]

Best way of breaking TACs is not playing MVC3.

I'm watching this Chinese tournament right now, but I can't watch it all night. So it would suck to not be able to find out what happens with the rest of the sets if nobody is covering this.

I'm watching it on PC and it's working fine for me. Daigo is up 2-0 against Xian despite playing a little crazy in those first two matches.

EDIT: Daigo laid a pretty good beatdown on Xian 5-1. Finished the match with a big comeback in the final round. I think that's suppose to be the last match of the day but now I'm seeing another guy grab the arcade stick so I'm not sure.

I got to a PC. It tried to load the mobile site then went to the real site.

Its really laggy for me. I don't know how to turn of the chat either.
I'm using the app

http://m.douyu.com/2125

Kakuge checker has it

Daigo 5-1 over xian
Infil 5-3 humanbomb

Matches for today
2BWeHFC.jpg

? Vs?
Rb vs xian
? Vs infil
? Vs xiaohai

Humanbomb vs rb
Xiaohai vs xian
? Vs daigo
? Vs infil

Rb vs?
Xiaohai vs RB
Daigo vs humanbomb
Infil vs xian

Spuck-uk

Banned
I'm watching it on PC and it's working fine for me. Daigo is up 2-0 against Xian despite playing a little crazy in those first two matches.

EDIT: Daigo laid a pretty good beatdown on Xian 5-1. Finished the match with a big comeback in the final round. I think that's suppose to be the last match of the day but now I'm seeing another guy grab the arcade stick so I'm not sure.

Is Xian still using FANG? That character is a millstone about his neck.

Sayad

Was Infl playing Alex?

spooky will be handling the english stream for the cpt taiwan event

and gamerbee just posted on twitter a list of notable oversea players coming this weekend
This is more stacked than that Japanese ranking event, lol, is it a premier event?

and gamerbee just posted on twitter a list of notable oversea players coming this weekend

That's awfully nice of Momochi and Infiltration for not trying to gate keep the rest of Asia since they're already qualified lol. I wonder if they will continue to skip most ranking events and keep their focus on Premier events.

Csr

So the rest of the pros are catching up now?

Other pros are definitely catching up but i think the bigger factor was that infiltration is not at the top of his game right now for whatever reason.
Imo his decision making was nowhere near as good as in past tournaments, he was having a hard time even with those Chinese ryu players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom