• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuu

Banned
Can someone tell me about this "Dark Prince" guy? Whenever people talk about the worst people in the FGC his name always pops up. However, I can't find any information about him. What made him such a piece of shit?

mbpm1

Can someone tell me about this "Dark Prince" guy? Whenever people talk about the worst people in the FGC his name always pops up. However, I can't find any information about him. What made him such a piece of shit?

Threats of violence.

Pulled a knife/weapon on someone at a local

Left the FGC to become a mercenary (literally)

pixelish

nrs community skipping evo this year for injustass 2 next year??

Brant McCaskill ‏@bambamguitar 21h
Early reports are Mkx has 300 entrants at evo. Hopefully a lot of late entrants cause last year had 1100

I hope Excellent Adventures does a Let's Play of Street Fighter V's Story mode. I like when they played MKX Story, but they trailed off and never finished it.

I hope Excellent Adventures does a Let's Play of Street Fighter V's Story mode. I like when they played MKX Story, but they trailed off and never finished it.

Might not be enough content for 3-4 episodes, though

But in all seriousness, I don't know if I want to watch them watch cutscenes for a couple of hours.

notworksafe

"We decided to redo the zenny store by just charging you money directly instead, fuck it! Also by coincidence the big method we promised for you to get fight money won't be available! Have fun getting the new characters!"

I am just going to guess that they couldn't figure out how to make the zenny thing work in the first place and that getting rid of it would actually let them get the shop up and working sooner rather than never.

mbpm1

"We decided to redo the zenny store by just charging you money directly instead, fuck it! Also by coincidence the big method we promised for you to get fight money won't be available! Have fun getting the new characters!"

10/10, can't wait for this new GOTY

Pompadour

That isn't the big method to get FM since it's so easy to get it otherwise. I also don't know if you're complaining about charging directly which seems to be a much more consumer friendly method.

vulva

So if I'm looking at this correctly, premium costumes won't even show up in the in game menu since you can't use FM to buy them? What a mess.

Nuu

Banned

Line_HTX

I'm dying of laughter. Don't know how to implement in-game money, and will want more real money after paying the price of a "full game."

ROFL, well played Ono.

DeKappa

I'm dying of laughter. Don't know how to implement in-game money, and will want more real money after paying the price of a "full game."

ROFL, well played Ono.

DeKappa
What are you talking about. You were always going to use real money only they scrapped the zeni store (real money) in favor of steam and psn store.

Am I going crazy? This is correct right?

Line_HTX

What are you talking about. You were always going to use real money only they scrapped the zeni store (real money) in favor of steam and psn store.

Am I going crazy? This is correct right?

I know that, I was just amused that they didn't use the Steam/PSN store directly and tried to make their own as if there were some kind of conversion, lol

If Street Fighter turns this around....
I am liking what they are talking about; story, character preview in story, dailies, less nebulous about what the heck is going on.

Horseress

I actually think it's better to not have another currency, why use a currency that is only bought with real money instead of real money?

also, Urien is wearing too much clothes

Skilletor

Yeah I don't really get what the big deal being made is here. Instead of having two currencies you can just buy more of one.

People just want to hate on any information capcom gives without processing it logically. This is better for consumers, since you were only going to be able to buy set amounts of zenny and would probably always have some left over.

But...you know. Capcompacom or whatever.

onionfrog

This Zeny would cost real money, so that changes nothing tbh
Probably kills any chance of eventually being able to use the same CFN account across PS4 & PC.

Since real money purchases will be tied to Steam/PSN store purchases instead of your CFN account directly.
:/

Unless I'm understanding it wrong.

Dahbomb

Wait.... wut?

I didn't read that press release but if that's what is happening... then wow.

Capcom's reach far exceeded their grasp.

ShinMaruku

Y'all complain about Urien like you were originally using him from his look. Y'all fake ShinMaruku posters ain't fooling me.
tumblr_ng2e9tS3kD1s0fo0zo2_500.gif

Sayad

Wait.... wut?

I didn't read that press release but if that's what is happening... then wow.

Capcom's reach far exceeded their grasp.
The way they worded it, they're just renaming "daily challenges" as "targets":
Daily Challenges are currently being re-tooled and optimized for the game, and we will share the new timing of this feature as soon as we more details. The feature will now be called “Targets,” and they will still be daily goals for players to complete and generate Fight Money, which can be used to purchase in-game content like new characters and costumes. New single player modes including Extra Battle and Versus CPU are also in the works. We’ll share more details on these modes and features as soon as we can.

My favorite is the DarkPrince money match where he pops off after barely beating Justin Wong in MvC2 while JWong was only allowed to use low tier characters. rofl

To be fair, nobody would ever agree to an MVC2 money match with JWong otherwise except Sanford because he has a complex about the whole thing.

That's why all the famous money matches are with the 3rd-tier players.

So I'm going to spill the beans on a small Urien rumor I heard. I heard Aegis is his Super NOT his V-Trigger. If that's true maybe, just MAYBE, Urien's V-Trigger is like Nacali's but instead of red hair that man RIPS OFF HIS CLOTHES!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom