• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Sabot

If Chun can do cr hp into legs and then continue the combo why isn't that part of her other combos? What's the rule I'm missing here? Is only one strength of legs able to do this and it won't link off anything but cr hp?

Dying to play! I've been out of town and don't get back till late tonight.

LK legs is +3 on hit and cr.lp is 3 frames.

Cr.hp cancel moves you forward so that you are still in range for the cr.lp to connect after the LK legs.

I am so dreading DMC5 now.

Like this is the best Capcom can manage on one of their biggest franchises after Sony money hats and 4 betas?

I can't imagine what's going to happen in DMC5. Online connected, can't acquire Souls/Orbs offline, no Bloody Palace on launch, no costumes, no cutscenes viewer, no training room, no enemy step, half of the story will come months laters (and will just be 2 hours long for a 4 hour campaign), no difficulty modes.

Bones May Cry 5
They couldn't even muster up any internal goodwill to approve DMC 5 when it was one of their top 3 most profitable franchises (on a game-to-game ratio) prior to DmC.

In between the Phanta Rei debacle, incompetently made sequels like Dead Rising 3, the neglect of their vast IP catalog, relying on remasters this generation and boneheaded decisions like the "always online" nature of Street Fighter V, I wouldn't expect much from Devil May Cry 5 either. It's opposite of how they started out during the 360 / PS3 era.

Beckx

Asking here because OT moved too fast to even consider the question:

SFV PC launches with a pop asking if you want to launch SFV or SFV (low spec version). Is there any way to get rid of this so that it just defaults to the chosen version and doesn't pop up every time?

notworksafe

Asking here because OT moved too fast to even consider the question:

SFV PC launches with a pop asking if you want to launch SFV or SFV (low spec version). Is there any way to get rid of this so that it just defaults to the chosen version and doesn't pop up every time?

There's almost certainly a flag in launch options you could set to skip that. Of course I don't know what that flag would be so I can't help there.

A quick fix option might be to add the actual SFV exe as a non-Steam game and launch that. Messy but will work for now.

Jesus Christ I really wish folks like ASW or Lab Zero would just put up Netcode implementation as a third party contractor service. Get so far along, contact ASW, get the netcode built around your shit for you. Complete fantasy though given how early in on coding you'd likely need them to be involved to get it setup right, but still we need a quality third party set of experts to help guide people through this these days. Too few are able to hit their goals with netcode at all. I think Mike Z helped make KI's netcode though.
Pls no

Rollback is taking over slowly. Death to delay based netcode. There are many reasons ASW fighters still haven't taken off on PC and this is one of them. Hire Lab Zero for all the netcodes instead. Then we'll finally have numbered ping as a standard along with rollback.
It's moments like these where I'm glad I don't have Combofiend's job.
Whoever thought it was smart for server disconnects to knock people back to the main menu should be the one sweating right now. Worst idea ever.
Best way to get people's mind off of their rage at your broken, incomplete $60 is to show them something new they'll have to pay money to receive.
If this goes on for a week I want to see free Alex. He should have been on the main roster anyways. Of course, his classic alt would be free too.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Pls no

Rollback is taking over slowly. Death to delay based netcode. There are many reasons ASW fighters still haven't taken off on PC and this is one of them. Hire Lab Zero for all the netcodes instead. Then we'll finally have numbered ping as a standard along with rollback.

Pretty sure the real reason is they put their games on pc ten years too late.

Pretty sure the real reason is they put their games on pc ten years too late.
That is definitely the biggest issue for ASW, but it's never just one thing when it comes to Japanese companies and PC. SG didn't get to be one of the highest selling fighters (or most alive for that matter) on steam just because it was cheap. People ask for rollback netcode on every fighting game launch whenever I check the discussion pages. People know what they want and the PC crowd is far less tournament-centric than the console crowd that has even forced Netherrealm's hand in regards to rollback netcode.

Tripon

I just realized that Capcom by not releasing an arcade mode, Capcom didn't have to release info on the end boss until June. Lol.

Beckx

I just realized that Capcom by not releasing an arcade mode, Capcom didn't have to release info on the end boss until June. Lol.

or even have an end boss, ever.

Didn't Injustice end with a Superman mirror match? Or am I confusing that with its tourney scene.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Twitch viewership is garbage for a newly released game of this caliber.

The irony in that Capcom created the game aimed to be more casual friendly yet it's the casuals that aren't too interested.

The irony in that Capcom created the game aimed to be more casual friendly yet it's the casuals that aren't too interested.

Them streaming the Lupe vs Daigo match on Twitch was nice. Had over 50K viewers which was surprising tbh.

Line_HTX

Lupe Fiasco ‏@LupeFiasco 28m28 minutes ago

Yeah it was definitely staged...

Round 1 was on Cammy Stage
Round 2 was Bison Stage
Round 3 was on Nash Stage
Round 4 was on...😏

Smirking face had me dying.

MrDaravon

I'd be watching (hands hurt too much to play atm) but I know the servers are fucked, as do most people who would probably be watching so that's hurting it badly for sure.

Dahbomb

Their ideas are supposed to be casual friendly but the execution is not. Actually the execution isn't even good for core fans.

I mean the game might eventually be good but you have to realize this is EXACTLY what happened with Diablo 3 at the start. D3 had decent visuals and very solid game play (arguably still the best in its genre) but it had questionable design issues, poor online integration, launch online server failures and a lack of content.

Game ended up doing well because of the front loaded sales but Blizzard lost a lot of customers that week, many people didn't bother to return for the expansion. A lot of people still have a bad taste in their mouth for the game even though it's a respectable game now after a few years.

People can argue that same thing happened to Destiny (solid game play/visuals, lacking in content, questionable design issues) but as much as I like to egg on Destiny... the game was at least functional online during the launch period.

Dahbomb

Diablo 3 sold 30 million copies, Dahbomb.
And most of it was front loaded as hell. People bought the game before even knowing how it played or what it had. The game sold on the pedigree of D2.

And I really enjoy D3, it's one of my most played games... but the game lost a lot of good will with its fans that Blizzard has been working very hard to get back.

Also I wasn't even talking about sales here, was talking about initial launch reception. I don't know if you remember but D3 was pissed on for being an abomination during its first week of launch.

FACE

Banned
And most of it was front loaded as hell. People bought the game before even knowing how it played or what it had. The game sold on the pedigree of D2.

And I really enjoy D3, it's one of my most played games... but the game lost a lot of good will with its fans that Blizzard has been working very hard to get back.

I believe it sold 12 million units or so in the first year so it had some legs.

With that being sad fuck Blizzard and Diablo 3 in the neck.

Might have more viewers if the game worked properly.

Yep. In the morning there was a Taiwanese streamer with 2k viewers, and a couple of other streamers with a couple thousand viewers, but they couldn't get a match in.

Them streaming the Lupe vs Daigo match on Twitch was nice. Had over 50K viewers which was surprising tbh.

about 80k viewers

In the end though, fighting games have all been tournament streams as opposed to every day streaming.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Diablo 3 is a different beast. SFV would be lucky to even sniff D3 launch numbers in it's lifetime. Aris and Art is going in on the game. I mean it's obvious they needed to get the game out before the fiscal year is over but yeah.

notworksafe

As far as game receptions, this is a pretty rough one. Gonna agree with Dahbomb for the second time in two weeks. I think I'm in a parallel universe

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You have to look at their track record and reputation. Blizzard is held to high standards and their releases rarely disappoints.They can afford to make mistakes here and there and make up for it. Capcom is on the hot seat and every big game matters. They are one of the biggest disappointments in the gaming industry as of late and this is just piling onto it.

Kumubou

You have to look at their track record and reputation. Blizzard is held to high standards and their releases rarely disappoints.They can afford to make mistakes here and there and make up for it. Capcom is on the hot seat and every big game matters. They are one of the biggest disappointments in the gaming industry as of late and this is just piling onto it.
I don't know why anyone expected anything other than a total trainwreck from a Japanese developer who has shown zero capacity in regards to engineering an online experience of any worth.

It's hardly surprising that the stuff that isn't working at all (such as the servers at launch day load or battle lounges) are the things that they just decided to not test during the betas. Who thought this would end differently?

I was wondering how Capcom would Capcpom this release, and... well, here it is. The thing that gets me about this more than anything is that server load management issues like this are largely a solved problem in the IT world (at least for the load capacities Capcom is dealing with... it's not like they're the NSA or Google or anything). It's not like a decade ago where datacenter and server management carried a significant amount of monetary risk.

Dahbomb

"Why are you complaining about a beta? The whole point of the beta is so they can make sure this doesn't happen at launch?"

WHERE_IS_YOUR_GOD_NOW.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom