• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulva

Wait, whoever said we should just play puyo puyo is right. Puzzle games body any other genre. Is there any way to play pochi & nyaa online? Looking at some of the weeb dudes here who might know.

Nightii

Banned
I wonder who is panicking more, the people at Capcom, or you folks?

Ideally it would be them, but I'm not sure if they are as melodramatic.

If SFV bombs, I'll do what I've been doing before I started playing fighting games and that's being a social human being.
Truly the darkest of timelines.
Season 2 potentials aside from those you listed:

Sakura
Akumer
Dudley
Viper
Sagat
Sean
Oro
fuck it too many to list

The only ones I fee confident in for season 2 are Sakura and Akuma.
I feel like these are guarantees, but Capcom will probably screw us with the 3S choices. I just want the ones I mentioned along with Ingrid. If we got Makoto, Q, Cody and Ingrid I'd be done. Maybe we'll get lucky with a shook Capcom moving Q up to year 2 like they probably did with Alex coming out at launch.
Move on to ASW games, it's your destiny.
I think I could live with ASW PC ports if they had crossplay. Rollback is important, but so is audience size.

BadWolf

I wonder who is panicking more, the people at Capcom, or you folks?

Ideally it would be them, but I'm not sure if they are as melodramatic.

Probably the latter.

If a disaster like DriveClub (where they had to rewrite the netcode from scratch) can cool over then this is nothing. It's just day 1.

Dahbomb

Yeah guys chill with the doom and gloom. SFV isn't going anywhere. The good thing about this generation is that the classic Mikami line doesn't apply anymore.

Line_HTX

Take it easy there, I don't want to become DryEyeRelief.

giphy.gif

notworksafe

SFV is gonna fail which will cause a chain reaction leading to EVO becoming a Nintendo exclusive tournament. EVO 2017 will declared a disaster zone after the sheer number of unwashed Smash kids causes a poison gas cloud to form around the LVCC, which is declared a quarantine area, and President Trump decides to use tactical nuclear force to save the rest of the country.

petghost

Banned
I think sf5 is too big to fail as far as the fgc is concerned. Even if nobody winds up liking it there is too much behind it for the scene to not try incredibly hard to make it work.

if SFV bombs I will most likely be done with fighting games. I only play the SF series and been a fan since the 90s. As a die hard fan it saddens me to see how my favorite franchise is being ruined to the ground by bunch of incompetent devs and publisher who dont understand the market.4 beta test and for what? same problem as beta 1. Whats was all those data collected for? Also stress test with handful of people who pre order is a bad idea. Stress test should be open beta test MMOs do it. where millions of of players try to access your game/server. /sigh....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SFV gonna fail
Donald Trump gonna become president
Global thermonuclear war will erupt over control in the Middle East
People gonna play VF6

its all over

SFV is gonna fail which will cause a chain reaction leading to EVO becoming a Nintendo exclusive tournament. EVO 2017 will declared a disaster zone after the sheer number of unwashed Smash kids causes a poison gas cloud to form around the LVCC, which is declared a quarantine area, and President Trump decides to use tactical nuclear force to save the rest of the country.

Yo lmaoooooooooooo..

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
We need some positivity in this thread. Folks, read the hashtag and it will be a symbol of hope for Capcom and the rest of us. #RiseUp

if SFV bombs I will most likely be done with fighting games. I only play the SF series and been a fan since the 90s. As a die hard fan it saddens me to see how my favorite franchise is being ruined to the ground by bunch of incompetent devs and publisher who dont understand the market.4 beta test and for what? same problem as beta 1. Whats was all those data collected for? Also stress test with handful of people who pre order is a bad idea. Stress test should be open beta test MMOs do it. where millions of of players try to access your game/server. /sigh....

The beta was never intended to be a stress test which is why it wasn't open. It was for the netcode and it shows with how the servers ended up on launch. Even with an open beta, I still think it would have ended up like this

Seriously though, I really hope SFV picks up. This reminds me of Diablo III launch. I can only this game improves as much as DIII has. If it does it could become one of the greatest games ever.

ArjanN

My point is that people didn't complain enough during the beta phases and they gave Capcom a pass because of "it's still a beta/WIP".

I actually do like the game a lot but a product that is not working as intended ... is a product that is not working as intended.

Servers were always going to get hammered at release though. That's pretty much inevitable with a popular multiplayer game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom