• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
It was on sale recently, remember?

dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

I made top 16 at NCR in VF5 which means I'm better than at least 8 VF5 players in the US. Thus, as this forum's resident expert I can confirm that Tekken doesn't even make top 5 best 3d fighting games.

Also, I lost to Renzo so I consider that a virtual top 4 finish.

Tripon

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";206622473]I made top 16 at NCR in VF5 which means I'm better than at least 8 VF5 players in the US. Thus, as this forum's resident expert I can confirm that Tekken doesn't even make top 5 best 3d fighting games.[/QUOTE]
Are there even 5 3D Fighters game that aren't crappy one offs?

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";206622473]I made top 16 at NCR in VF5 which means I'm better than at least 8 VF5 players in the US. Thus, as this forum's resident expert I can confirm that Tekken doesn't even make top 5 best 3d fighting games.

Also, I lost to Renzo so I consider that a virtual top 4 finish.[/QUOTE]
This math though.

oneida

I need VF 5 FS on backwards compatibility pronto, no longer have my 360.
that would be soooo nice, xbl servers are much more stable than PSN which only seem to be getting worse...
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";206624561]Are you trying to imply that there are more than 24 VF5 players in the US?[/QUOTE]
we had over 40 at last year's NYG!!

oneida

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";206628037]We WNF status now, baby[/QUOTE]
that's right

i do think this year's event will be smaller, but I'd love to be wrong!

Amedo310

Dynasty Warriors 4 Dual Mode was legit.

Code:
[IMG]https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13344793_10153763928704576_5583649790706172286_n.jpg?oh=6407fc6f167781da96dd80ec15411ad9&oe=57FCCC31[/IMG]

shaowebb

Dynasty Warriors is my favorite 3d fighting game

Dat Nemea though in Orochi 3. His air R1 does more than a musou does. Plus his air Musou is solid. Couple that with a moveset that can charge in draw a crowd and launcher all of them with an auto super jump followup to meteor them into both the R1 and Musou means you got a killing machine who uses up very little meter as he levels. My favorite.

My other go to destroyers are Ne Zha for the tidal wave that hits multiple times and holds crowds in place and his speed, and Yoshitsune Minamoto for his grab move that powers up his speed/reach/damage turning him into a human blender that shreds fields. Plus he has a rapid fire megabuster that goes on forever.

I fucking love Musou. The new Koei title announcement this week has me very very hype.

Tripon

So in October 2016.

Oct 2nd-3rd: ESL ONE featuring a 1024 man SFV tournament.
Oct 7th-9th: SEAM in Singapore.
Oct 14th-16th: SCR in Socal
Oct. 28th-30th: Canada Cup in Toronto.

ESL isn't a CPT event, but the others are all Premier tournaments with Canada Cup the last scheduled Premier event that isn't a CPT Regional finals.

I haven't played an actual Dynasty Warriors since Xbox. I have played Hyrule Warriors and tried the Hokuto No Ken one, but I don't even know which mainline Dynasty Warriors is current. On steam there is DW8 Xtreme and DW8 Legends, which one is most recent, are these the most current? Do these ones also have the Ninja Gaiden characters?

Amedo310

I haven't played an actual Dynasty Warriors since Xbox. I have played Hyrule Warriors and tried the Hokuto No Ken one, but I don't even know which mainline Dynasty Warriors is current. On steam there is DW8 Xtreme and DW8 Legends, which one is most recent, are these the most current? Do these ones also have the Ninja Gaiden characters?

Orochi Warriors 3 special has the Ninja Gaiden characters and other ones from different musou games like Achilles and Joan of Arc. The last DW8 game is Empires.

shaowebb

Orochi 3 Ultimate is the pinnacle of the series. So many hundreds of hours in it and a shitload of modes and one is like a 3d 3v3 fighting game with the ability to use 4 heroes and heralds style assist cards. Some summon attackers, others activate boosts, etc. Imbalanced as fuck for a fighter but fun as hell for a party. Some of those musou movesets would be wild in a Pokken style fighter though. Taigong Wang for certain...due places orbs everywhere that explode so he can mine field a stage.

Lots of potential for Musou movesets if they ever did a proper fighter really. Check out some tag combos.

Hnngg that Nemea combo around 3:05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom