• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes
mikelupe0lbpo.gif

except elena, fuck elena

what is happening here?

Tripon

Guys trying to use I believe Legacy PS3 sticks. Not working..

E:They trying to continue the mini tourney but taking forever with changing of sticks

Holy smokes 5k for rent?
Mrwizard was right for the PS3 sticks.

I hate the implementation of the PS3 stick driver.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Mike Z said he had a very detailed documentation of how to do the LZ thing and not only that, he showed how to NOT need a DS4. Smh

BadWolf

Downloaded and installed the game, had some fun messing around in training. Hopefully they get the online issues figured out soon.

Mika is of course the one I'm going to focus on first but tried Ken and Cammy and they are fun too. Ken is nice and flashy, Cammy plays very solid and has good hit confirms and damage.

shaowebb

Move on to ASW games, it's your destiny.

I'm down with this. Matter of fact I left off in the middle of storytime earlier. Time to go back in on Blaz Blue Chrono Phantasma Extend.
Also that Bullet combo earlier was dope as hell. I reaaaaaaaaaaaaally love that character's playstyle. Wish they were better though.

Shun

I'm down with this. Matter of fact I left off in the middle of storytime earlier. Time to go back in on Blaz Blue Chrono Phantasma Extend.
Also that Bullet combo earlier was dope as hell. I reaaaaaaaaaaaaally love that character's playstyle. Wish they were better though.

Bullet is better than in the Chronophantasma vanilla. She was buffed in 2.0/Extend, and she has, in my opinion, net positive changes in CentralFiction. Some good, some bad changes, but I find that overall she is an improve character in CentralFiction as she has more options in neutral and long range with buff to her flintlock shoot to get into her opponent and start her lockon combos. The biggest negative would be the debuff to her redlock and I hope they fix that. She lost some invulnerability.

She lost a few easy links and her best damage is in Overdrive, but she still does a lot of damage when in heat and can be scary in pressure. I would like to he her buff tho but at least she isn't total garbage.

I am learning Izayoi in the mean time. I love Bullet and Izayoi is a nice break from Noel.

pizzacat

Banned
Deciding between Revalator or CF to be the other game, never played GG, enjoying CP.

GG looks so good tho, I think I might get both lol

Deciding between Revalator or CF to be the other game, never played GG, enjoying CP.

GG looks so good tho, I think I might get both lol
GG is more oki-oriented, and the fights are up close and personal. Hardly a moment happens when you aren't engaging.

BB is more neutral-oriented, and there's a lot more space to move around on the screen. You can easily go 3-5 seconds with both players moving around but not directly hitting one another.

hypernima

Banned
this might be a dumb question but is there anyway to save the training mode settings?
having to set them every single time is so dumb.

shaowebb

Bullet is better than in the Chronophantasma vanilla. She was buffed in 2.0/Extend, and she has, in my opinion, net positive changes in CentralFiction. Some good, some bad changes, but I find that overall she is an improve character in CentralFiction as she has more options in neutral and long range with buff to her flintlock shoot to get into her opponent and start her lockon combos. The biggest negative would be the debuff to her redlock and I hope they fix that. She lost some invulnerability.

She lost a few easy links and her best damage is in Overdrive, but she still does a lot of damage when in heat and can be scary in pressure. I would like to he her buff tho but at least she isn't total garbage.

I am learning Izayoi in the mean time. I love Bullet and Izayoi is a nice break from Noel.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the buffs. Honestly I'll be playing her heavily no matter what. I love her character ability and flintlock rhythms. Not like I haven't rocked a low tier grappler in other games before. I STILL main Ganondorf in Smash. Besides, I got a lot of other cast I enjoy in Blaz Blue unlike some other games I've low tiered before. I don't feel guilty having to swap out for matchups in this game when necessary like other titles because the whole roster feels fun to me.

God that grapplefest character ability of Bullet's though. It's just too fucking fun not to run.

Anne

Played a fuckton of offline today. Game is something. Lots of really weird inconsistencies though, and I had a game drop frames for like 15 seconds straight at some point.

I honestly don't know what to make of it. I like the game but there are some things that are just not working well.

petghost

Banned
Played a fuckton of offline today. Game is something. Lots of really weird inconsistencies though, and I had a game drop frames for like 15 seconds straight at some point.

I honestly don't know what to make of it. I like the game but there are some things that are just not working well.

are you positive about it with the exception of the performance stuff tho?

Turns out Laura mirrors where the colors are red and green are really bad for someone who's colorblind. Lost myself really bad at the end of a match.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I get the CPT push, but damn, they needed two more months on this game just to flesh the basic stuff out. As someone who isn't going to be tournament level competitive - just basic stuff like the tutorial happening on PC before you can do anything else and no one telling what keys they are on a keyboard, or the options being non-existent. Ugh.

With online (expectedly) being sucky the first couple of days, this is the worst case situation for SF V until DLC comes out. Hopefully online will get better in a couple of days and the game will be on an upward trajectory.

Crocodile

In the end I'm 100% sure SFV will be fine but man its so weird to see a "bigboy" like Capcom with Sony money have such an anemic/problematic launch for one of the premier IPs in videogaming.

Yeah guys chill with the doom and gloom. SFV isn't going anywhere. The good thing about this generation is that the classic Mikami line doesn't apply anymore.

You mean the classic Miyamoto line about rushed vs. delayed games?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
In the end I'm 100% sure SFV will be fine but man its so weird to see a "bigboy" like Capcom with Sony money have such an anemic/problematic launch for one of the premier IPs in videogaming.

Someone call MS and let Capcom borrow all their big ass cloud servers for a couple of days. Or call Valve and borrow some of their servers. :D

Shun

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the buffs. Honestly I'll be playing her heavily no matter what. I love her character ability and flintlock rhythms. Not like I haven't rocked a low tier grappler in other games before. I STILL main Ganondorf in Smash. Besides, I got a lot of other cast I enjoy in Blaz Blue unlike some other games I've low tiered before. I don't feel guilty having to swap out for matchups in this game when necessary like other titles because the whole roster feels fun to me.

God that grapplefest character ability of Bullet's though. It's just too fucking fun not to run.

Yeah cause she is a really offensive character and you can rush with her. She is the only grapple character I enjoy because of that. A lot of her charm in BBCF is how much variety you have with her Overdrive. It's why Izayoi is so fun too when she is in overdrive because you can do a lot. Offensive characters in general are more fun to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom