• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
None, but they have select which is the reset button in Xrd. Having a macro to do it is an option too. Just anyways to do it is cool if it doesn't intefere with things or require me to jump to a menu.

Rebinding is nice, just saying that on a 6 button set up you already have too few buttons to get access to full functionality and I thought the default set up was ok for 8 buttons. I am just curious what the specific controller set up has a major issue that you need to rebind function buttons for.

BadWolf

Infiltration still rocking Nash, guess this is the character we will see him main for the first while.

His Nash is still easily the best one.

Wonder how fast Daigo will catch up in general, doesn't look like he touched the game since that first E3 tournament.

Beckx

That sim player came closer to taking a round of Infiltration than anyone in a looooong time. But no. Edit: I stepped away and he's back at the menus...did he ever lose?

Is that PC hitbox viewer coming out soon?

shaowebb

Finally found someone that likes Platinum ( ̄^ ̄)b

Platinum is cool to play

I've ALWAYS liked Platinum, but I'm not good enough at the game to care about tourney tier stuff at all really. I love the gimmick of a Magical Girl whose personality is absolutely wrong for the gimmick. She calls everyone a pedophile and is a really shitty brat and jerk to everyone. Both the boy and girl souls are this way really. I love the mannerisms and taunting of the character and I love how if you win you poke them relentlessly with your staff. Just troll as shit.

The character is pure fun from moveset, to mannerism. Love me some cat hammer and bullets. Honestly she reminds me of some sort of crazy RNG spinoff of Q-bee what with the bubble and good air pressure (but that may just be me).

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
LORD HAUNTS I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE

Please tell somebody at Capcom having the ability to remap training mode shortcuts (especially reset, record, playback) to a button would be hella nice. My stick doesn't exactly do L3/R3 and toggling for RS functionality is worse than using the menus to do it even.

Unless I'm a moron and can't figure out how to do this.

I believe it is in one of the options settings on PC at least. It's not in the main options, but in the side options (the sidebar settings rather than the main bar settings); or something like that. I remember I accidentally got to it.

jerry1594

he was a japanese zero player
Oh, cool.
Anybody seen videos of a player of one game competing in another or some such? I don't mean Daigo or Justin messing with some random game. More like Match or Ogawa who stick to their respective games but entered Vsav tournaments. I remember seeing the supposed KoF Japan god in coop. Didn't catch his name but it looked like he entered for fun. Ogawa did really well in All Out War 7 with Zabel without even using his cheap stuff.

LORD HAUNTS I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE

Please tell somebody at Capcom having the ability to remap training mode shortcuts (especially reset, record, playback) to a button would be hella nice. My stick doesn't exactly do L3/R3 and toggling for RS functionality is worse than using the menus to do it even.

Unless I'm a moron and can't figure out how to do this.

Haunts please tell Capcom that I should not have to turn input display on and stun off every time I use training mode. Save our settings PLEASE.

notworksafe

Also make it so that when you set a button that is already set in controller config it doesn't then un-set that button, making you have to run through the config a second time. Stupidest change ever.

jerry1594

They need to leave this.
It was mixed. Some people like Daigo not sandbagging no matter the opponent. I think Ino was pissed from what I remember.
Thats pretty funny, but understandable. It was a really random match that isn't going to lead to anything probably. Good on both of them for getting paid I guess. I did see it kind of blow up on facebook with people thinking it was real lol
Tizoc turned Evil?
He devolved

Everyone suggests you play people at your level when learning a fighting game but I feel like the only person who enjoys playing people who are BETTER than me. Like, considerably better. Anyone else?

Everyone suggests you play people at your level when learning a fighting game but I feel like the only person who enjoys playing people who are BETTER than me. Like, considerably better. Anyone else?

I like a good mix. I like to play people better than me to see where i should be going and to expose my weaknesses, but i do want to also play folks (of a level) that used to give me trouble but don't anymore so i can feel some nice accomplishment. Easier to keep motivated that way.

I like a good mix. I like to play people better than me to see where i should be going and to expose my weaknesses, but i do want to also play folks (of a level) that used to give me trouble but don't anymore so i can feel some nice accomplishment. Easier to keep motivated that way.
There's also developmental benefits to playing somebody at your skill level, because then you can hone in on things you should be doing as opposed to constantly playing from behind. Different benefits to every approach.

mbpm1

It depends on how much better they are. If they're so much better they can afford to do nothing and play shallowly and still destroy me it's not the same as if I can counter them at a decent level if I step things up.

And it also depends on how they beat me; losing to vortex doesn't engender me a real desire to keep playing them for long. Fortunately that's not a thing in this game. If I'm losing to footsies...bring it on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom