• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

Shouldn't you love rollback netcode instead for carrying you to a ten win streak?

No, because I'd still get it in delay! Nothing worse than thinking you blocked something then split-second time reversal and getting hit with an attack, lol.

OMG, so mirror Lauras were those awful Color Rush uniforms of the Bills and Jets?

The green was a little bit lighter, but I was on the four kings stage so it looks almost exactly the same to me.

have you looked into the enchroma glasses or is that a no go?

I didn't really know those existed till like two weeks ago. I hear they're really expensive or I'd consider it, though idk if they work with the regular glasses I wear now.

Shouta

『Inaba Resident』;195586865 said:
Do you have battle confirmation on?
I've been searching with 4-5 and then I'll get a match with a 2 bar.

I'm just doing it via main menu instead of in training.

Going 16 strong here xD

Tbh, I'm surprised I got close to 10 because DS4 is a bit busted. I opened it up earlier and found the silicone pad on one of my directions is coming out from the main piece. That means it sinks in a bit more than it should making certain directions super sloppy. I moved it to up but as a result, I'm getting some funky jumps on occasion now, lol.

I'm getting some replacement parts for it though and I took out the battery.

Shouta

『Inaba Resident』;195587789 said:
You can still have it on at the main menu.

I'll have to look for it a bit later. I hit my 1000 LP goal for the night and I need to sleep for work.

Rhapsody

Banned
Lost twice today but I reached over 1000 LP. The game's really fun! My two losses were losses that were well deserved.
Much much better experience (now that Ranked is working) than my time with SFIV so far.

Shun

What is rollback net code? Is that comparable to what they use for other game?

Sorry I do not really know.

Also I did not follow street fighter 5 news. Was there a reason for change or remove like the scene in the chinatown stage when chun li kick them into the shop and a bowl of noodle fall on their head or kick them into a bus? Performance issue or just detract from gameplay?

man why is beating zzz cpu get you 5000 fight monies and like 5 levels while winning a rank match gets you 10 bipson bucks and like no exp

Also I did not follow street fighter 5 news. Was there a reason for change or remove like the scene in the chinatown stage when chun li kick them into the shop and a bowl of noodle fall on their head or kick them into a bus? Performance issue or just detract from gameplay?

Most likely budget reasons for the dynamic stage animations. It feels weird that chinatown is the only one that has it now, but maybe they might update the other/newer stages to have them somewhere down the line.

VariantX

Can't really describe it in terms beyond that it preserves inputs in a way that the game feels like local play rather than with delay based net code where you have to wait for your inputs and reacting to things becomes difficult and in some cases, impossible.

Shun

Capcom TV Street Fighter V Launch Stream.

Lw9VbCR.png

shaowebb

Yeah cause she is a really offensive character and you can rush with her. She is the only grapple character I enjoy because of that. A lot of her charm in BBCF is how much variety you have with her Overdrive. It's why Izayoi is so fun too when she is in overdrive because you can do a lot. Offensive characters in general are more fun to play.

This is also why I enjoy using Platinum the Trinity so much. Pogo pogo pogo. Bubble, cat hammer, pogo pogo, missiles, etc. Just So much shit to turn loose and go in with. Plus her RNG gimmick is actually really really good even on a bad draw because of how you can cash out and dump stuff in one big shot.

Owensboro

Good god, I'm worse at this game than I thought. Can't beat normal survival (lvl 28 and on) for the life of me. I think the first 25 levels just put me in a ton of bad habits, then that Nash just blows me the hell up. I really don't want to resort to SRK spamming, but good god I want those colors and to be done with this. Hard is going to be impossible!

Yeah cause she is a really offensive character and you can rush with her. She is the only grapple character I enjoy because of that. A lot of her charm in BBCF is how much variety you have with her Overdrive. It's why Izayoi is so fun too when she is in overdrive because you can do a lot. Offensive characters in general are more fun to play.
surprised people are really starting to appreciate Bullet. She was going to be my second until Nine was announced. She feels so much different than every grappler I've ever played, and tossing people back and forth is a lot of fun

man why is beating zzz cpu get you 5000 fight monies and like 5 levels while winning a rank match gets you 10 bipson bucks and like no exp
You gaining so much experience off of single player modes is pretty dumb. If you complete all the story modes, your profile gets boosted up to more than level 120 or some shit, turning it into an even more meaningless metric than it already is.

BadWolf

Played for an hour or so before leaving for work this morning, the online play felt about as good as beta 4 and I was getting challengers nice and fast. Didn't experience a single disconnect either.

Beckx

It's set up so it's easy to earn one or two characters but after that, not so easy.

The true grind to get all six characters for free is unknown at this point. If it's reliant on MP earn, then...yeah. If the challenges are reasonable goals and provide a reasonable level of FM earn, then maybe it's not bad at all. If they are things like "win 10 consecutive matches in ranked" or "beat survival on hard" or has terrible payouts, then you're back in grind mode.

It's fine either way - if all you want is the characters then you probably don't want the season pass, as you'll likely only need to spend real money for 4 of them, less than the season pass cost. If you want all of their costumes, or want to buy any of the existing story costumes, the season pass might be a good idea.

I will be very surprised if FM turns out to be a way to get all that in a reasonable time frame w/o spending money.

miku

This is also why I enjoy using Platinum the Trinity so much. Pogo pogo pogo. Bubble, cat hammer, pogo pogo, missiles, etc. Just So much shit to turn loose and go in with. Plus her RNG gimmick is actually really really good even on a bad draw because of how you can cash out and dump stuff in one big shot.

Finally found someone that likes Platinum ( ̄^ ̄)b

Tripon

Giant bombcast is big on SFV and starts the podcast. They go in hard. Jeff gerstmann is in one of his rants. Jason Ostrider is a bit more positive.

Anne

LORD HAUNTS I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE

Please tell somebody at Capcom having the ability to remap training mode shortcuts (especially reset, record, playback) to a button would be hella nice. My stick doesn't exactly do L3/R3 and toggling for RS functionality is worse than using the menus to do it even.

Unless I'm a moron and can't figure out how to do this.

Please tell somebody at Capcom having the ability to remap training mode shortcuts (especially reset, record, playback) to a button would be hella nice. My stick doesn't exactly do L3/R3 and toggling for RS functionality is worse than using the menus to do it even.

really hope they fixed taht in revelator, considering BBCPE had it right

Beckx

I swear I saw an option to remap that but it wasn't in training mode itself, maybe in main options?

---------------------

latest viscant blog: https://www.brokentier.com/blogs/brokentierblog/88299073-hit-the-ground-running-4-setting-goals

Quesa

Anyone know where I could get one of those golden madcatz keychains? I have one already and it's starting to look a little rugged. Wondering if I could find a replacement but the best I could find was four-year-old SRK thread where someone was selling them for $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom