• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Feel like a fraud. Had the game since Tuesday, been too tired to play due to work and hellish drive home. Been easier to just watch streams of the game.

yoooo Chris T used a V-Reversal to beat Sim's V-trigger after FChamp cancelled into it from cr.LK. Sim gets nothing from it lol

#technology

Ohnonono

I am trying to main Necalli and having a hard time with fitting the lp. disc at the end of his combos. I am trying to start the charge by down-backing when I do the mlp the I want to cancel out of. can anyone give me any advice on the technique? I know charge characters have had to do this stuff for a long time so any advice is welcome!

tumblr_l2oir9npfC1qc073co1_400.gif

MrDaravon

Feel like a fraud. Had the game since Tuesday, been too tired to play due to work and hellish drive home. Been easier to just watch streams of the game.

Similar situation here, work and personal shit has just been a mess, and my hands are so jacked up from work (cuts etc) that it hurts like hell to use a pad. Ironically a stick would solve those problems but no way I can afford one anytime soon. Mostly bummed because I was looking forward to getting in day one and not just B a stream monster anymore, but yeah :/.

xCobalt

I am trying to main Necalli and having a hard time with fitting the lp. disc at the end of his combos. I am trying to start the charge by down-backing when I do the mlp the I want to cancel out of. can anyone give me any advice on the technique? I know charge characters have had to do this stuff for a long time so any advice is welcome!

Can you do st.Mk > cr.MP xx slash? You can start the charge by holding back when you hit Mk. Just doing MP into slash might not be enough time to charge.

damn, beardless ultradavid lookin like a teenager
Dude needs to bring back the sideburns:

Hardest match up for me as Sim is Karin followed by Necalli. Can't ever seem to get out once they're in.
V-Reversal helps a lot vs Necalli I found, especially with how most are trigger-happy with their frame traps.

What the fuck is up with the art in SFV?
icL7sG8.jpg

Geez, how short a time frame did they give this dude?
To think this isn't even SFV art at its lowest. See all of Laura's and Birdie's story.

Marz

Wait, if Gief's SPDs are now 5 FRAMES(?!) what am I supposed to do for a go-to punish on something like block sweep or something slightly negative?

Blocked sweeps are super negative so you can still SPD those.

No more mashing SPDs through blockstrings though, grapplers have to play the nuetral game like everyone else now.

Just copped a ps4 for sfv. Should I grab usf4 on ps4 or just stick to the 360/Steam versions? How is the player base on PS4? 360 version has been slowly dying down.

Blocked sweeps are super negative so you can still SPD those.

No more mashing SPDs through blockstrings though, grapplers have to play the nuetral game like everyone else now.

First time really using Gief. I thought the mindset was to punish anything unsafe then oki on KD.

Learning so much from watching FChamp's sim.

Ohnonono

Can you do st.Mk > cr.MP xx slash? You can start the charge by holding back when you hit Mk. Just doing MP into slash might not be enough time to charge.

The combo is cHP xx qscfMK > cMP xx chargebackforward LP , so the charge move is one move between a motion.

Rhapsody

Banned
Like somebody randomly jumps in when you do a high commitment normal and you lose the match. Random nuttiness is more of a factor in this game relative to games I'm used to.

All that means is you chose a pretty poor normal to use at that particular range where you can be jumped in on.

Xrd is more random when you have stuff like Sol CH 6H being a starter that leads to stun easily. And then there's Danger Time tbh. Then there's SF4 where some characters just maul you after you got regular thrown.

Zissou

All that means is you chose a pretty poor normal to use at that particular range where you can be jumped in on.

Xrd is more random when you have stuff like Sol CH 6H being a starter that leads to stun easily. And then there's Danger Time tbh. Then there's SF4 where some characters just maul you after you got regular thrown.

Like if I go for st.HP with Chun- clearly I'm doing it around max range of the move... which is the range someone could jump at you with a crossup.

I wouldn't argue that xrd is devoid of randomness- it has it'\s fair share, but sfv feels like randomness can swing the result of any given round at any given time much more readily than in xrd.

Rhapsody

Banned
Like if I go for st.HP with Chun- clearly I'm doing it around max range of the move... which is the range someone could jump at you with a crossup.

I wouldn't argue that xrd is devoid of randomness- it has it'\s fair share, but sfv feels like randomness can swing the result of any given round at any given time much more readily than in xrd.

Yeah. I don't mean to fully disagree. Game is pretty unforgiving when something goes sour. There was quite a lot of that when Snake Eyez was playing at WNF lol. I haven't had situations like that happen to me too often, but so far in SFV I felt like all my losses were pretty well deserved.

Also people should remind me to not read too many of the posts in the SFV OT. Too many cases of "my character is bad".

FACE

Banned
Yeah. I don't mean to fully disagree. Game is pretty unforgiving when something goes sour. There was quite a lot of that when Snake Eyez was playing at WNF lol. I haven't had situations like that happen to me too often, but so far in SFV I felt like all my losses were pretty well deserved.

Also people should remind me to not read too many of the posts in the SFV OT. Too many cases of "my character is bad".

But those posts are fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom