• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyoro SF

Like if I go for st.HP with Chun- clearly I'm doing it around max range of the move... which is the range someone could jump at you with a crossup.

I wouldn't argue that xrd is devoid of randomness- it has it'\s fair share, but sfv feels like randomness can swing the result of any given round at any given time much more readily than in xrd.

That's generally the tradeoff with the far reaching moves is that it leaves you vulnerable to jumps.

If you watch top players, they usually rarely swing around heavies, opting instead for mediums, unless the heavy attack in question is fast enough to take risks with like Chun's sweep in SF4.

Anne

So if I counter hit with the medium then just go into another stomp? That said if I don't I still need to learn how to get out the LP disc correct?

Just saying you don't have to start with a heavy is all. If you think you'll get a CH you can just do like MP > M stomp > cr.MP > slash. He gets a lot of new routes from any CH tbh, it's scary.

Rhapsody

Banned
I don't mind the posts about people asking questions or trying to get better (it's natural). But I feel like people are so quick to judge that characters are really bad lol
But those posts are fun.

But I thought I escaped all this when the beta ended lol

Thulius

Like if I go for st.HP with Chun- clearly I'm doing it around max range of the move... which is the range someone could jump at you with a crossup.

Chun stHP has absurd range, hits crouching, is safe on block and can hitconfirm into super. It has to lose to something.

shaowebb

What the fuck did I just witness?
Golden Tager X

Okay...was not expecting Tager to turn into a mech by choosing the wrong path in story mode in BBCPE. Has this happened before? Someone even said Golden Tager X is a Super or something. What the fuck is happening!?

Rhapsody

Banned
Chun stHP has absurd range, hits crouching, is safe on block and can hitconfirm into super. It has to lose to something.

It's like CvS2 Cammy with stand roundhouse all over again orz

But seriously though, if it's a "high commitment" normal, I don't think it's that ridiculous to get punished severely by a read or a random jump.

Golden Tager X

Okay...was not expecting Tager to turn into a mech by choosing the wrong path in story mode in BBCPE. Has this happened before? Someone even said Golden Tager X is a Super or something. What the fuck is happening!?
bbcp-blazblue-chronophantasma-kokonoe-attacks-622x.jpg

the world of BB joke endings is a strange beast. The chronicles of the spectacles of eros are the best

Dahbomb

I wouldn't argue that xrd is devoid of randomness- it has it'\s fair share, but sfv feels like randomness can swing the result of any given round at any given time much more readily than in xrd.
Game is surprisingly fast paced but more importantly a lot of anti airs aren't as good or don't deal as much damage. Risk/reward ratio is in favor of guy jumping in which is why at least early in this game's cycle you will see a lot of people jumping more frequently.

Though what you are describing isn't random. You pressed a button and you got punished for using the wrong normal at the wrong time. Two things had to have happened for this situation to occur : 1) You pressing that exact normal at that exact time and 2) The opponent jumping at that time.

Golden Tager X

Kokonoe is pretty much just a general mecha reference. Some random jp wiki guesses that it hits on GGG, Dancouga, Mazinger.

http://www40.atwiki.jp/blazblue/pages/2478.html

Marz

I wouldn't argue that xrd is devoid of randomness- it has it's fair share, but sfv feels like randomness can swing the result of any given round at any given time much more readily than in xrd.

Gimme a break, GG one knockdown from a bunch of characters and the round is pretty much over.

Gimme a break, GG one knockdown from a bunch of characters and the round is pretty much over.
this is probably the main reason I prefer blazblue to GG. No situation ever feels helpless. Even being stuck in the corner against kokonoe isn't as LOL as elphelt or millia
Been a while since I played this much of a game I actively dislike. Not since the first version of FFXIV probably.
I put 400 hours into FFXIV ARR. No bigger regret in gaming for me

God, I sincerely hope Capcom decides to make the alternate colors in SFV available in their shop, because fuck survival mode. Nothing makes me want to quit playing more than getting to the final opponent, and then losing and having to do it all over again.

notworksafe

You don't like SFV?

I guess actively dislike is a bit strong. It definitely isn't clicking with me yet. Not sure if it's just me floundering trying to find a character or the online issues or a mix of both. Probably the last one. But when I get in local VS with friends I do have a good time even if I feel lost when playing. Either way I'm gonna press on so I can at least have a chance at weeklies.

I'll be out of town next week so that'll be the test. If I don't miss playing the game then maybe I'll just take a break from it until Capcom gets their shit gets worked out.

I guess actively dislike is a bit strong. It definitely isn't clicking with me yet. Not sure if it's just me floundering trying to find a character or the online issues or a mix of both. Probably the last one. But when I get in local VS with friends I do have a good time even if I feel lost when playing. Either way I'm gonna press on so I can at least have a chance at weeklies.

I'll be out of town next week so that'll be the test. If I don't miss playing the game then maybe I'll just take a break from it until Capcom gets their shit gets worked out.
Did you like USF4?

shaowebb

Kokonoe is pretty much just a general mecha reference. Some random jp wiki guesses that it hits on GGG, Dancouga, Mazinger.

http://www40.atwiki.jp/blazblue/pages/2478.html

Oh it DEFINITELY has Mazinger references. I caught those pretty fast. I thought for a moment he was gonna pull a Beast King Go Lion thing when he powered up to a new form. BBCPX is just a lot of fun all around. Finally getting close to actually getting through story now.

I keep getting pulled into Overwatch beta by my co-workers vs playing/learning characters in SF5 NotWorkSafe.

I really want to learn more than one character but there are only so many hours in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom