• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to buy a dedicated seat at first but now I'm going to go with GA. Sunday Finals are cool and all but I have more fun on Friday/Saturday. Would rather hold my extra funds and enjoy a bit more of Vegas.

If other gaffers are doing GA then I'd totally be down for another meetup.

I bought a dedicated seat since they seemed to be going fast, but I think right now it was only for the Mandalay Bay finals. I think once the one in the convention center opens up, I will choose GA.

notworksafe

oh right the brackets didn't think of that. sucks.

also fwiw you don't HAVE to show your id. i got my pass last year and i forgot my wallet in the hotel room. just had the thing on my phone.

Shun

shitttttttttt

not just silver and gold. sanwa is doing a whole line of metallics

CbjAdrtUMAAcQoz.jpg

CbjAdrtUcAAjcPv.jpg

CbjAdvmUAAA3Ze8.jpg

I thought we got that fixed last year? At least for brackets, you need a photo ID for other things.

I had to email last year but my name was spelled wrong, it just asked for first/last and I just put my birth name because I figured I would have to for stuff I need photo ID for

notworksafe

now that i think about it, i don't think i've ever had to show my id to get a pass. might be wrong tho. can't remember back all the way in my old age

Today has been a good day.

I played a long set with my training partner in SFV. Close to 75 matches in a row. Pure bliss. I am liking me some SFV.

Then, I watched the MKX stream featuring Bo' Rai Cho. That is a character that I want to play. Thanks for being a part of the stream, 16 Bit.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good to see SFV bringing out old school players.

From what Ive seen of Sonicfox on the game, he can definitely turn into a major threat. His fang is looking really annoying for opponents.

Bought 7 floor seats together for myself and friends. Was minutes away from them selling out. I had to refresh it over and over till they were available. Section 7. Pretty hype!

Kind of amazed at myself that I managed to pick up Bison and already grab a few wins from some 1000 LP~ people. I lost a bunch too, but he's really fun.

shaowebb

16 bit, I just wanted to say that I actually did train in some Drunken forms of Kung Fu years ago. I'm very particular on animations and such when it comes to this stuff. Brad Wong is the only character I'd ever seen who got it right.

Till now. Bo Rai Cho, even though he is obviously peppered with his own brand of over the top silly stuff, is loaded with very accurate punches, strings, and general motions accurate to the system I worshipped and trained in years ago. I'm very very happy here. The emphasis on odd high low mixups and big damage lunges is also VERY true to the mentality of the system of Drunken forms itself. Yall done good.

Marz

Glad you enjoyed it!

My Bo' Rai Cho sucks lol. Can't wait to see what dedicated players come up with.

Im really liking Bo Rai from the footage i saw, probly gonna pick up MKX XL now that i have a PS4 although its a little late to jump in im afraid.

Kind of amazed at myself that I managed to pick up Bison and already grab a few wins from some 1000 LP~ people. I lost a bunch too, but he's really fun.

Bison in Vtrigger is crazy. Just dashing with him is awesome.

mbpm1

16 bit, I just wanted to say that I actually did train in some Drunken forms of Kung Fu years ago. I'm very particular on animations and such when it comes to this stuff. Brad Wong is the only character I'd ever seen who got it right.

Till now. Bo Rai Cho, even though he is obviously peppered with his own brand of over the top silly stuff, is loaded with very accurate punches, strings, and general motions accurate to the system I worshipped and trained in years ago. I'm very very happy here. The emphasis on odd high low mixups and big damage lunges is also VERY true to the mentality of the system of Drunken forms itself. Yall done good.

stop trying to sell me on mkx :p

but srsly, those new characters

Im really liking Bo Rai from the footage i saw, probly gonna pick up MKX XL now that i have a PS4 although its a little late to jump in im afraid.

I don't think it's too late. MKXL will bring with it a big patch that changes around every character, as well as some of the general system mechanics(so far, there's a change to how breakers work, but there may be more).

Also, there's the new netcode that will be added. It might not be added when MKXL launches, but new rollback netcode is coming to MKX, and everyone who has played the online beta is raving about how much of an improvement it is. There were a lot of folks whose big issue with MKX was the netcode. Well, now their biggest problem is being fixed. I think MKXL will be a new beginning for the game, at least from an online perspective. Better online = more people playing and learning, at least in my opinion.

Tripon

Check out TOOLASSISTED (@TOOLASSlSTED): https://twitter.com/TOOLASSlSTED?s=09

Tool Assisted got banned from twitch (and SFV apparently). The current speculation (from /r/kappa) seems to be because Capcom is doing online tournaments this year for Capcom Cup, they thought tool Assisted would fuck shit up.

Wow, Li Joe 3-0 against Moons' Bison. Li Joe went home and did his research, he annihilated Moons. Highlight was definitely Nash air grabbing Bison out of his VEX Head Stomp (LOL).

Finally, the purple ball and buttons I've been looking for my future Waluigi arcade stick all along.

Wow, Li Joe 3-0 against Moons' Bison. Li Joe went home and did his research, he annihilated Moons. Highlight was definitely Nash air grabbing Bison out of his VEX Head Stomp (LOL).
L.I. Joe has been very diligent in figuring things out for Nash, looking at his past streams.

Rhapsody

Banned
If you had to pick, either Street Fighter 5 or a new updated Darkstalkers/Vampire Saviour

Which one would you choose?

Street Fighter V. SFV feels like a good mix of old and new SF. A new VSav I can't see them retaining a large amount of what makes it feel like classic VSav. They could surprise me, but I see the chance much lower.

Finally, the purple ball and buttons I've been looking for my future Waluigi arcade stick all along.

L.I. Joe has been very diligent in figuring things out for Nash, looking at his past streams.
It's incredibly impressive.

If you had to pick, either Street Fighter 5 or a new updated Darkstalkers/Vampire Saviour

Oh, easily Darkstalkers for myself. For the community, SFV is probably best.

I don't mind personally, gives me some time to reflect between matches on losses.

And to be salty as hell.

Earlier I punched my table and cut my hand because I got so angry after losing to a Laura that I felt I should have beaten easily. I screwed up a lot in that match. The change of scenery from SF4 to SFV has lessened the salt a bit, but I can still get unbelievably angry sometimes. Always end up scaring the hell out of my wife. She pleads me to stop but I can't help it, I want to keep player and I'm going to continue losing my cool sometimes. BTW, this is the first time in a while that I've done something like this. I'm not that crazy.

As for ranked, yes it takes way too long between matches. I miss the old way of choosing my opponents or hosting just because it was a speedier process. At the very least you knew what was going on. Either you got a match, your opponent kicks you, or he never hits ready. This waiting game can be infuriating after a loss because I'm so eager to get into the next match and redeem myself.

Street Fighter V because I can't see modern-day Capcom succeed in making a proper new Darkstalkers. AT ALL. At best they can accomplish a new Rival Schools right now.

As for ranked, yes it takes way too long between matches. I miss the old way of choosing my opponents or hosting just because it was a speedier process. At the very least you knew what was going on. Either you got a match, your opponent kicks you, or he never hits ready. This waiting game can be infuriating after a loss because I'm so eager to get into the next match and redeem myself.
Being paired up with someone else used to be significantly faster for me during the later beta phases when everything went by without a hitch. Capcom claims matchmaking is working as intended, but I doubt it, anecdotal evidence notwithstanding.

Earlier I punched my table and cut my hand because I got so angry after losing to a Laura that I felt I should have beaten easily. I screwed up a lot in that match. The change of scenery from SF4 to SFV has lessened the salt a bit, but I can still get unbelievably angry sometimes. Always end up scaring the hell out of my wife. She pleads me to stop but I can't help it, I want to keep player and I'm going to continue losing my cool sometimes. BTW, this is the first time in a while that I've done something like this. I'm not that crazy.

Thing about Laura is that it only takes a few reads for her to take the match. As a Laura main, I've definitely been outplayed, but managed to make a few good reads to steal the match, so don't feel too bad about it.

Even though I personally don't mind, I do agree that it takes a while to get into another match for the people that wanna keep going. At the least, it's a good thing they implemented the favorite fighter/map feature to cut down on the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom