• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manbig

I guess I phrased it wrong. At max range the st.HK lacks the range to follow up most times. So I know st.HP is out of the question. EX elbow hits, but that's a waste of a bar when it doesn't follow up the second hit.

Wish that overhead had a bit less recovery on hit. That and her EX throw having armor would be nice QoL changes. I still don't understand what they want us to do with the EX throw.

It's a bit gimmicky, because people will be able to react to it, but after a regular command grab, if the opponent quick rises, doing an instant EX command grab will catch them sleeping.

If you want some more gimmicky shit, st. MP anti air into command dash back and forth sets you up for meaties and command throw. The double dash might put the opponent in a situation where they're not even expecting that mix up.

Marz

Probably not against a lot of the cast, but Mika has a hard time dealing with it.

I think from my limited time with the game that fireball zoning is a bit better than 4 even though the actual fireball frame data is worse.

If people dont know how to play in the midrange you can eat them alive and they cant ex move or focus in for free. Im getting a lot of mileage off classic fireball traps with Ryu.

Sagat would be a BEAST in this engine.

Line_HTX

Bakedyams and Kadey posts were cited at examples of why were are getting moved to OT. Though those posts were more bad timings than being the real reason we got moved.

Really though it was because we just ended up going off topic a lot which means anime talk, FGC gossip of the day and random not so safe for work images. Though inflammatory Marz-like posts didn't help things either.

FGC gossip is never good. It's like the type of shit Big E said will have Zero Tolerance of during Final Round.

I guess it kind of works for me since it was too crazy trying to get in every week, so...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rhapsody

Banned
I honestly don't mind the SFV OT all that much. I'm very happy to see a lot of people playing, learning, and enjoying the game.

I just don't like the complaining mindset (it's inevitable) since I feel like people give up way too easily. The game's just a few days old officially, the discovery process under a new set of rules is incredibly fun to me. People feel that they've figured things out completely unfortunately without putting in the time (a good example is the complaints against Birdie).

Dahbomb

I don't know man, I am playing Cammy and I basically don't respect anyone with a Fireball in this game.

Ex Cannon Drill goes to fireballs
V Skill goes through fireball for free, gets a combo from landing it
Hooligan goes over fireballs
Regular jump into dive kicks
On reaction V Trigger activation into buffed Cannon Drill into buffed Cannon Spike

Any fireball thrown past poke range is easy to beat.

I don't know man, I am playing Cammy and I basically don't respect anyone with a Fireball in this game.

On reaction V Trigger activation into buffed Cannon Drill into buffed Cannon Spike

They went overboard on her anti-fireball tech.

Marz

Oh yeah Cammy, she's way good imo. Has all the tools you could want.

She should be OK-ish against fireballs. Charged HK shouldgo through it and slide goes under. You can always threaten a jump-in too if you know it's coming.

Everyone can threaten a jump in . . .

Charged HK is a read though, isn't it? Slide, too. Hk can get stuffed, slide is heavily punished.

Ok-ish seems too generous, but what you call it doesn't really matter I suppose.

I certainly don't like trying to chase down Ryus that want to sit on the other side of the screen all day.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm pretty scared of Cammy. She's pretty difficult to anti air at the moment. stHP is a really good tool in footsies as is stMK.

Also seeing DiegoV get CH LP into MP HP is really good. Pretty good damage off of that.

Speaking of which, which canon strikes do Cammy's usually do? Am I allowed to press a button after some of these or will I eat a frame trap? I haven't had time to test in training mode yet. I actually have a similar question with Yoga Gale as Sim. I know it's super plus off of TK Yoga Gale, but which version is usually used, HP?

Dahbomb

Is Cannon Strike the dive kick? I thought the different versions had different distances. The L version is more shallow, H version is deeper. The frame data seems to differ on where they get on the body so if blocked on the head it's not as good but if blocked below torso they are definitely plus.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I think Marz is having a superiority complex. You gotta start somewhere and being abrasive is certainly not the way to go about it man.

This is all good info, going to read up on it when I make it home.

Bakedyams and Kadey posts were cited at examples of why were are getting moved to OT. Though those posts were more bad timings than being the real reason we got moved.

Really though it was because we just ended up going off topic a lot which means anime talk, FGC gossip of the day and random not so safe for work images. Though inflammatory Marz-like posts didn't help things either.

I still called out Bishop on it. We posed arguments as to why it would be a bad move to move us to community, even Shouta chimed in. Granted now we can talk about anime and its not like we'll get new regulars if we stay in general discussion.

Shouta

Everyone can threaten a jump in . . .

Charged HK is a read though, isn't it? Slide, too. Hk can get stuffed, slide is heavily punished.

Ok-ish seems too generous, but what you call it doesn't really matter I suppose.

I certainly don't like trying to chase down Ryus that want to sit on the other side of the screen all day.

I haven't been playing her much yet but back in the beta she first appeared in, Charged HK was only a read at closer ranges. At the longer distances, you should be able to start and charge it up as soon as you see it. That was ages ago though so, I dunno.

You can use slide to go under fireballs at longer ranges without much trouble, it's riskier in close but at the range where it's risky, you'll either get the hit if you read it right or have the universal jump-in option. I think you should be able to armor it with EX clothesline as well.

Longer ranges, you can also jump over and use her down+mp body splash to change your jump arc so you don't fly into AAs.

notworksafe

I still called out Bishop on it. We posed arguments as to why it would be a bad move to move us to community, even Shouta chimed in. Granted now we can talk about anime and its not like we'll get new regulars if we stay in general discussion.

there was never a chance of the thread moving back. the "make a logical argument" line was horseshit.

The most fun I had last beta was with Cammy. After seeing the rank1 Cammy, I like how how patient you can play with her with her standing MK and then go ham.

Marz

That's why he can't come back

He'll be back in 2017 i think

Also Ryu's DP is invincible on all versions except lp.

Lp is throw and lower body invincible all other versions are fully invulnerable.

Edit: frames 1-5 on mp, frames 1-3 on hp.

Numb

I wouldn't have even bought the game if this was going to happen. I have no real intention of buying another stick. Might sell or return this game. Idk

Sticks too expensive
Madcatz got that small budget one if you still care. Don't know how much it is but should be cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom