• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Laura's theme. Obv Rashid's is a hit too.

Is there a way to set it so you get random bg song (stage or character) not always one or the other?

Those are two of my favorites as well as FANG's. Lot's of great themes, but those are my top 3. The newcomers got it really good with the music.

Unfortunately not at the moment. Seems like Lobbies/versus play the stage music while ranked/casuals play the character themes.

Thing about Laura is that it only takes a few reads for her to take the match. As a Laura main, I've definitely been outplayed, but managed to make a few good reads to steal the match, so don't feel too bad about it.

I know what you mean, I've run into some nasty Laura's. But I get very angry and frustrated because of how I lose and not just because I lost. The guy won mainly due to my screw ups. In the first round I either messed up my DP input or did it too late a few times in the 1st round I lost and ate full jump in combos. In the 2nd round I held a good life lead and was waiting on him to jump again. He did and I somehow took too long to use V Trigger(into DP) to end the match. Instead I got hit by a jump in during the recovery and he went straight into Super to kill me. That's why I got so furious.

GorillaJu

Laura and Necalli punish mistakes really heavily. They mash those heavy buttons and if you make an execution error you eat a shit load of damage.

If I lose to one of them it's on me.

I know what you mean, I've run into some nasty Laura's. But I get very angry and frustrated because of how I lose and not just because I lost. The guy won mainly due to my screw ups. In the first round I either messed up my DP input or did it too late a few times in the 1st round I lost and ate full jump in combos. In the 2nd round I held a good life lead and was waiting on him to jump again. He did and I somehow took too long to use V Trigger(into DP) to end the match. Instead I got hit by a jump in during the recovery and he went straight into Super to kill me. That's why I got so furious.

I know exactly how you feel. I've screwed up an input multiple times to lose matches. Those are the ones that get to me the worst too because I just fucked up something that I should be able to easily do. Personally, I need to start going to the training room more and practicing my execution/AAs/etc.

Shouta

So I hear reserved seats all sold out already? Only general seating is left?

That's what I get for playing casuals at our weekly! I guess I'll bring the projector and get a nice setup so folks can come to play and watch finals as an alternative. lol

GorillaJu

That little triangle of open space FANG has between his legs and his arms on his two hand push move gets me every time. Crushes lows and u almost always go for a low to punish unsafe blockstrings

CurlyW

That's what I get for playing casuals at our weekly! I guess I'll bring the projector and get a nice setup so folks can come to play and watch finals as an alternative. lol

Oh damn, you were there? I should've tried to go.

Ferrio

Banned
Found a group within my state that holds tournies/online tournies. First online tourny was tonight, Capcom servers made sure that didn't happen.

Shun

Also Daisuke Ishiwatari is hosting a talk show and autograph session with some top Guilty Gear players to showcase the Kum Haehyun and Raven gameplay. No stream link at the moment.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

petghost

Banned
If you had to pick, either Street Fighter 5 or a new updated Darkstalkers/Vampire Saviour

Which one would you choose?

new vampire/darkstalkers easily. unfortunately i dont think i'll ever get to make this choice.

vsav has a lot of little weird things about it tho that im not sure would fly today so im not sure i'd trust them to make it in the style of that game.

Sayad

CbbYGcPUkAArYDL.jpg
106, 107, 219 and 220 looks like they'd offer better view than most of 2 and 7, you just have to be there early. ;p

Ohnonono

Played about 20 games last night, won like 7 of them. At some point the matchmaking went nutty and started matching me with people with 1500-2800 LP when I hover between 200 and 0 at any given time. I beat 3 of them. One took the L but the other 2 DCed when they lost. Sucks to lose those big wins because of no penalty. Also fought a stupidly good Karin that was just a great player. I took one round then got double perfected. Person had their game on lockdown. They were on a 13 game winstreak so unless the matchmaking bones up I doubt I will see them for a while.

i dont know what it is about sf5 but i get frustrated with the game at a level i dont think i had with sf4...

and i'm doing much better in sf5 than 4 :s

Line_HTX

i dont know what it is about sf5 but i get frustrated with the game at a level i dont think i had with sf4...

Early game ironing out, I guess plus the barebones shit. If you're doing much better, then eventually it should blow over.

:)

I feel like SFIV had much better hitbox/animation correlation. Yes, there were moves that had awful hitboxes that didn't match the animations, but in SFV pretty much every character has multiple attacks with that problem. Especially low forwards.

It's my only major gripe about the game so far.

Earlier I punched my table and cut my hand because I got so angry after losing to a Laura that I felt I should have beaten easily. I screwed up a lot in that match. The change of scenery from SF4 to SFV has lessened the salt a bit, but I can still get unbelievably angry sometimes. Always end up scaring the hell out of my wife. She pleads me to stop but I can't help it, I want to keep player and I'm going to continue losing my cool sometimes. BTW, this is the first time in a while that I've done something like this. I'm not that crazy.

Let's all do our best to not be like Yoshichan. It's actually my personal goal to be a lot less emotionally involved when playing this game since it tends to be too distracting and stops me from thinking practically about the game.

I feel like SFIV had much better hitbox/animation correlation. Yes, there were moves that had awful hitboxes that didn't match the animations, but in SFV pretty much every character has multiple attacks with that problem. Especially low forwards.

I think some cr.MK's would be too good if they went as far as the animation showed. It'd probably be a cr.MK fest with some characters like how SFIV turned out.

i guess in my case, spacing and distancing is so important in SF5 and i don't have a full grasp of it yet. So i'm seeing a lot of my moves whiffing or being stuff by random low forwards/jabs, and even vice-versa. kinda frustrating. Also, i know this might sound scrubby but i'm not fully appreciative of the jab/short spam in SF5, at least for now as i learn the game. seems to me a lot of the fight ends up with the two players crouching spamming lights and mediums for quite a bit (and it works).

i'm not well-versed in the technical aspects so the hitbox/animation thing might certainly be what i'm experiencing.

I think some cr.MK's would be too good if they went as far as the animation showed. It'd probably be a cr.MK fest with some characters like how SFIV turned out.
It doesn't have to be perfect, but when your entire foot goes through the person, it's pretty hard to gauge when you can actually attack your opponent. Ideally, they would solve this by a combination of hitbox, hurtbox, and animation adjustments. I am lucky in that Bison's attack animations generally resemble the hitbox. The only exception that really bothers me with him is Psycho Blast, and I think that move needs a bigger hitbox in general since it whiffs as a bnb ender now sometimes.

i guess in my case, spacing and distancing is so important in SF5 and i don't have a full grasp of it yet. So i'm seeing a lot of my moves whiffing or being stuff by random low forwards/jabs, and even vice-versa. kinda frustrating. Also, i know this might sound scrubby but i'm not fully appreciative of the jab/short spam in SF5, at least for now as i learn the game. seems to me a lot of the fight ends up with the two players crouching spamming lights and mediums for quite a bit (and it works).

i'm not well-versed in the technical aspects so the hitbox/animation thing might certainly be what i'm experiencing.
Lights are worse in this game than they were in SFIV, though. Mashing lights just means you're open for a crush counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom