• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

You can only do cr.LK, cr. LP into special or cr.LPx2 into special.

You can also do jab into target combo but you need to be hugging the opponent. That's the only way that's balanced otherwise she would have a Chun Li tier jab into mediums combo.

After st.HK crush counter you get dash up target combo cancel into EX Hooligan dive kick or just regular Cannon Spike cancel after target combo. You can also CC walk up st.MP, st.HK into HK Spiral Arrow but this is distance dependent.

Line_HTX

This game is like old SF. Not everyone deserves the same kind of really good anti-air lol. Characters should have weaknesses here and there. Giving Chun an anti air that could do 100+ damage would be ridiculous with her current arsenal lol

No delayed wakeup. There no recovery, normal recovery, and back recovery. Back is sort of like 3rd Strike, but you can't cross up an opponent by dashing over them like that game.

Oh, I see. Kind of like a back roll without the risk of crossup.

Sayad

Fuck those two and Karin for this. Especially Karin and Chun's sweep. "You must commit", give me a fucking break. Being -11 or whatever don't mean shit when they do it at max distance and none of my normals will reach them. They practically get free max distance sweeps against probably the majority of the cast. Meanwhile Ryu always moves forward during his sweep and it has this huge hit stop on block. Meaning he's always punishable on block and is also letting you know for at least a couple seconds that he is.
If you're playing Ryu, Chun's max distance sweep is punishable with an EX Tatsu, the same way Chun can only punish Ryu's max distance sweep with EX Legs
and forward MP. ;p
Don't put Chun's sweep in same tier as Karin's, Ryu would need an EX Donkey Kick to punish that shit.

Yes, you keep being less emotionally involved with games. You do that.
Get off your high horse when your interpretation of this = breaking several keyboards and game discs out of anger, impulsively throwing away arcade sticks in the garbage because of single tournament matches, nearly inflicting serious harm upon yourself through blood poisoning because you refused to visit the doctor as to not interrupt your videogame sessions, pulling multi-day all-nighters and so forth.

That's not "being emotionally involved," that's being a foolish idiot with no concept of rationality.

Dahbomb

Get off your high horse when your interpretation of this = breaking several keyboards and game discs out of anger, impulsively throwing away arcade sticks in the garbage because of single tournament matches, nearly inflicting serious harm upon yourself through blood poisoning because you refused to visit the doctor as to not interrupt your videogame sessions, pulling multi-day all-nighters and so forth.

That's not "being emotionally involved," that's being a foolish idiot with no concept of rationality.
That's too savage man. Dial it back a bit.

shaowebb

Welp finally got my copy of Koihime Enbu in. Its really fun and surprisingly seems to have both good online as well as good training mode options. Plus it looks like I can not only wait for online matches, but choose whether to also play local matches till I get an opponent or to go into training mode till I get an opponent. Nice.

So far this is the stuff I've found.

• Everyone has the same input for lvl 3 supers. 23663214+d . A qcf into a hcb? Not what I'd choose as a universal but the input leniency on this is suuuuuper friendly so you can be a slob and hit it.
  • everyone has a universal launcher with diagonal +medium
  • everyone has crumple attacks. you can use diagonal heavy. Very useful. This is actually a special state in this game and you can ONLY hit your level 4 move if you crumple someone first. Input is qcf+ (med+hvy). Also during this crumple state your moves gain new properties sometimes so the rhythm of the game seems to be based upon fishing for this crumple and then hitting different inputs afterwards. It should be a part of every combo.
  • Moves clash often in this game.
  • It has a throw button. This button is D. D is also used for your level 3 and to call assists by inputting qcf+D. Really odd that my throw button has special inputs for other stuff but it works.
  • Every character gets to choose an assist but only one of 2 possible ones and they overlap. I think these are "Strategists" if I know my musou. So in essence you choose one of 2 strategists aligned with your kingdom depending on who you choose to use.
  • suuuuuuuuuper long load times between matches. Must have a ton of shit to load
  • absolutely incredible music. Its like musou meets touhou. Its really really really good shit.
  • FAST. This isn't Blaz Blue fast but its way faster than I expected from a waifu fighter of next to no fame. Really tight combos and very good movesets all around.

This is a surprisingly well made game. Lots of options, lots of good stuff per moveset, lots to enjoy.

I played as Sonshoko who I think is based off of Sun Shang Xiang. Her moveset has some cool long range grabs, rekkas, and this one projectile that inbeds into the ground and has one of 3 followup attacks based on your input. either you shoot it up out of the ground, forward, or you flip towards it. Its a pretty neat move.

Primer

Footage of the character I used

Amazing soundtrack stuff. Apparently composed by S.S.H., Saitama Saishuu Heiki who is the same person who did Jade Penetrate Black Package's killer soundtrack

BadWolf

Just got a message saying that my TE2+ has been delivered, I'm stuck at work for the next few hours -_-

Time to learn using an arcade stick this weekend, also gotta re-adjust from getting used to playing Mika on pad.

mbpm1

This is harsh, but some parts of it are true

I feel like there is space play for SF5 I saw both Ryan Hart and F.Champ jab, strong whatever to get a pattern of both frame traps and spacing for either jump ins, specials, more safe normals to punish the normals your opponent would throw out.

If you're playing Ryu, Chun's max distance sweep is punishable with an EX Tatsu, the same way Chun can only punish Ryu's max distance sweep with EX Legs
and forward MP. ;p
Don't put Chun's sweep in same tier as Karin's, Ryu would need an EX Donkey Kick to punish that shit.

Did not know that about EX tatsu, I will have to check that out. As for Ryu, their is no such thing as doing it at max distance to make it safe. Because of the forward movement everybody should be able to land a cr. MP or cr. MK into special against him on block. Test it out yourself, you'll see.

Warxard

Banned

My pain runnin deeper than the ocean

Sayad

Did not know that about EX tatsu, I will have to check that out. As for Ryu, their is no such thing as doing it at max distance to make it safe. Because of the forward movement everybody should be able to land a cr. MP or cr. MK into special against him on block. Test it out yourself, you'll see.
Checking it in training mode, Ryu can punish Karin's sweep with st.LK xx EX Tatsu.

BadWolf

Checking it in training mode, Ryu can punish Karin's sweep with st.LK xx EX Tatsu.

It's just lack of experience in general for people right now, testing stuff out quickly in training if it gives you trouble is a great thing to do.

Had a Chun spam a bunch of stuff on me this morning, quickly went to training and turned out I could punish various things heavily. The next two Chuns I fought didn't fair so well (one rage quit lol).

mbpm1

It's just lack of experience in general for people right now, testing stuff out quickly in training if it gives you trouble is a great thing to do.

Had a Chun spam a bunch of stuff on me this morning, quickly went to training and turned out I could punish various things heavily. The next two Chuns I fought didn't fair so well (one rage quit lol).

It's pretty fun just going online, getting blown up by something and then being immediately plopped back into training room and picking that character to practice punishes/avoidance methods for what blew you up. Maybe its the new game feel, bc I never really did this for Ultra.

It's pretty fun just going online, getting blown up by something and then being immediately plopped back into training room and picking that character to practice punishes/avoidance methods for what blew you up. Maybe its the new game feel, bc I never really did this for Ultra.

I did this often in Ultra and do it for V as well. I keep MU notes on my phone as well. How to punish certain attacks, which buttons are good against this character and etc

Reading the Prima guide and there's a lot of cool stuff for Laura in it for what to do in short/medium/long range. Only thing the guide is missing is character specific match up notes, but I can learn those online.

Really need to get in the training room later and practice some stuff and start learning the match ups better. Fire Emblem's gonna have to wait.

shaowebb

Holy shit...I'm looking up the soundtrack artist who did Koihime Enbu's stuff.
Saitama Saishuu Heiki is responsible for a TON of shit I've worshipped over the years! Atelier Iris, Y's remixes, Guilty Gear mixes, Super Robot Wars, Jade Penetrate Black Package (the whole Exceed trilogy in fact), lots of touhou, Sega Ages, Project Cerberus, Ragnarok Online...just so much stuff!

http://www.ssh.ne.jp/
https://www.facebook.com/Saitama-Saisyu-Heiki-AKA-Livehouse-SSH-182942993852/

My God do I ever need to find a way to afford this person someday...

Fucking Savage damn

The 'worst' part about online for me is being unable to write any messages through CFN. Got matched against a Zangief in Ranked who really knew what to push against Dhalsim, to the point it was a complete blow-out much to my surprise, and I wanted to immediately fight him again since that match-up is the most fun for me to learn. Can't tell if he declined my invite for Battle Lounge (since the favorites list said he was in another Ranked Match already) or didn't feel like I was worth his time, but being able to clear things up - in this case, wanting to level up overall knowledge and defense - with an in-game system given the cross-platform nature of it all would be neat.

I did this often in Ultra and do it for V as well. I keep MU notes on my phone as well. How to punish certain attacks, which buttons are good against this character and etc
That's too much effort for me, but I should probably do that if I want to get better. What app you guys using?
The 'worst' part about online for me is being unable to write any messages through CFN. Got matched against a Zangief in Ranked who really knew what to push against Dhalsim, to the point it was a complete blow-out much to my surprise, and I wanted to immediately fight him again since that match-up is the most fun for me to learn. Can't tell if he declined my invite for Battle Lounge (since the favorites list said he was in another Ranked Match already) or didn't feel like I was worth his time, but being able to clear things up - in this case, wanting to level up overall knowledge and defense - with an in-game system given the cross-platform nature of it all would be neat.
Yah CFN is un-intuitive and bare bones as fuck (just call favorites a friends list and let me access it on the main screen without going to CFN). I hope they add messaging when they add 8 player lobbies.

Not at home right now. So basically the st. LK will hit her before she pulls back all the way? I didn't even think about trying that since st. MK and sweep doesn't reach and those are his furthest reaching normals.

DunpealD

Not at home right now. So basically the st. LK will hit her before she pulls back all the way? I didn't even think about trying that since st. MK and sweep doesn't reach and those are his furthest reaching normals.

Doesn't work at max distance for both. Chun you can punish with a st.LK and then it is a wrap, when at close to max distance.

shaowebb

Misspelled the name.

Sorry. I'm excited and cut pasting from youtube vids. Saisyu. I can't believe that so many of the game tracks I've adored for so long were all by the same person! I was back to playing games for funsies and suddenly Koihime Enbu turns into a soundtrack find that leads me to someone I need to get in touch with someday. It ended up being a more solid research title than the ones I actually used for research lol.

Kind of beside myself happy right now.
Plus I found a shitload of playlists dedicated to their various works. I'm rockin the fuck out right now :D

What's wrong with cr. hp? Besides the reeally slow startup

I think outside of pre-emptive fireballs FANG's AA isn't as good as it appears. There's a decently sized spot between st. mk range and Cr hp effective range where FANG just has to take it
The c.HP hitbox is NOTHING like its animation. Only the front half of the purpose has a hitbox, so Bison can basically only anti-air people coming at him from a diagonal. Anyone coming at him from anything past the full frontal diagonal gets in for free, especially with his walk speed. This is one of the two major weakness

Can we talk wake up options? I'm still completely at a loss what to do as Vega once I'm on the ground and near the corner.
Block a lot or V-Reversal.

Fuck those two and Karin for this. Especially Karin and Chun's sweep. "You must commit", give me a fucking break. Being -11 or whatever don't mean shit when they do it at max distance and none of my normals will reach them. They practically get free max distance sweeps against probably the majority of the cast. Meanwhile Ryu always moves forward during his sweep and it has this huge hit stop on block. Meaning he's always punishable on block and is also letting you know for at least a couple seconds that he is.
I haven't explored this, but that would be frustrating if true.

If you haven't checked it out right now, they moved all the frame data to the SRK wiki now.

wiki.shoryuken.com/Street_Fighter_V
Blocked at work lol. :(

Hahaha, amazing!

Shackzam

Earlier I punched my table and cut my hand because I got so angry after losing to a Laura that I felt I should have beaten easily. I screwed up a lot in that match. The change of scenery from SF4 to SFV has lessened the salt a bit, but I can still get unbelievably angry sometimes. Always end up scaring the hell out of my wife. She pleads me to stop but I can't help it, I want to keep player and I'm going to continue losing my cool sometimes. BTW, this is the first time in a while that I've done something like this. I'm not that crazy.

I'm gonna beat your Ryu's ass Rice Eater lol. Losing to Ryu's is the saltiest thing I've experienced in sf5. I just need to practice the match-up with Mika.

Doesn't work at max distance for both. Chun you can punish with a st.LK and then it is a wrap, when at close to max distance.

Yep, just like I thought. I just tested it myself. Karin does get free max distance sweep against Ryu and probably a bunch of other characters. She can use cr. MP, st. MP, sweep as a block string without the threat of punishment. I'm sure it's the same against Chun because I've whiffed way too many sweeps after blocking hers.

Well actually I can punish it. I just need all 3 bars for critical art. Too bad Ryu is so meter dependent because he can't really do jack to crouch'ers without it.

EDIT: Wait, it actually does work. But it's pretty hard. You have to walk forward something like 8-10 frames and then st. LK(into EX tatsu or whatever) will punish. So you have to be quick to recognize you just block a sweep and walk forward immediately for a tight punish. So pretty much I will never land this in a actual match :(

Sayad

Yep, it catches her still extended hurt box.

Shackzam

Yep, just like I thought. I just tested it myself. Karin does get free max distance sweep against Ryu and probably a bunch of other characters. She can use cr. MP, st. MP, sweep as a block string without the threat of punishment. I'm sure it's the same against Chun because I've whiffed way too many sweeps after blocking hers.

Well actually I can punish it. I just need all 3 bars for critical art. Too bad Ryu is so meter dependent because he can't really do jack to crouch'ers without it.

From the frame data it says Karin's sweep is -14 on block. You might be able to punish it with ex hadouken since it's start up is 11 from max distance

Yep, it catches her still extended hurt box.

I was wrong about my previous post, I kept trying and finally got it to work. The timing is pretty awkward though, I guess it's up to me to figure it out.

Dang Rice.
Its week1. Even DSP doesn't go full ham.

I've been raging for the past 7 years playing SF4. Before then it was Call of Duty Modern Warfare. I don't think the change of scenery is going to change things much.

From the frame data it says Karin's sweep is -14 on block. You might be able to punish it with ex hadouken since it's start up is 11 from max distance

That does work, but now I just realized st. LK and sweep does work. But they're pretty tight punishes.

To conclude their are multiple ways to punish her. I found the easiest being his EX tatsu. Just have to be quick about it. Sorry for the rant guys. OK enough about that already.

Sayad

Yep, just like I thought. I just tested it myself. Karin does get free max distance sweep against Ryu and probably a bunch of other characters. She can use cr. MP, st. MP, sweep as a block string without the threat of punishment. I'm sure it's the same against Chun because I've whiffed way too many s
That's far from max distance and very punishable, even if you walk back to max distance before blocking cr.HK it's still punishable without the need to walk forward before st.LK.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsHcpgzgYU8

Wouldn't say it's a hard punish too, at worst, it's a three frames window.

That's far from max distance and very punishable, even if you walk back to max distance before blocking cr.HK it's still punishable without the need to walk forward before st.LK.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsHcpgzgYU8

I corrected myself in my previous post. I kept trying after posting that just in case. The timing is pretty awkward though. Unless I can get consistent with it in training mode I won't be trying it much if at all. I may just end up blowing meter on EX tatsu raw because I'm find it a lot easier to punish blocked Chun/Karin sweeps than anything else that may be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom