• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

Yes, but we raised prices last year and that has no effect on the current arena pricing.

It's fair pricing. "Problem" is, and I use that word loosely, is that the FGC is poor on average and cheap in general.

I'm all in, though, once I find out how to get handicapped / wheelchair tickets :).

Tickets are on sale now? I want to get nice seats though if it's assigned seating I'm curious how we can plan spectating together. I had a fun time chilling next to Gaf during USF4 finals.

thursday @ 7p pacfic

Cool. I guess that'll give me time to plan my trip.

Still didn't get a hotel yet. Totally missed the evo discount because I had to spend money on a family situation. I'm contemplating on just staying at the Mandalay Bay the whole time, though I don't know if that is far from the convention center for pools. MB is expensive, but it's not like I make a lot of trips throughout the year anyways. I might try slipping the concierge a $20 like some of you guys were saying last year lol.

Official daigoat Twitter:
My strategy vs @LupeFiasco? He will likely kick, push, kick, push, kick, push, kick, push...

I will coast. #LupeVSDaigo

That's my goat

Lupe:
My strategy against @daigothebeast is to dress @GrahamWolfe1 in my clothes right before the match and hope no one notices #LupeVsDaigo

notworksafe

Cool. I guess that'll give me time to plan my trip.

Still didn't get a hotel yet. Totally missed the evo discount because I had to spend money on a family situation. I'm contemplating on just staying at the Mandalay Bay the whole time, though I don't know if that is far from the convention center for pools. MB is expensive, but it's not like I make a lot of trips throughout the year anyways. I might try slipping the concierge a $20 like some of you guys were saying last year lol.
Bally's is cheaper than MB and right on the middle of the Strip. There's a monorail stop at the building too so you can easily get to the convention center. I would not recommend staying at MB the whole time unless you want to take a taxi every day to pools.

It's fair pricing. "Problem" is, and I use that word loosely, is that the FGC is poor on average and cheap in general.

I'm all in, though, once I find out how to get handicapped / wheelchair tickets :).

If AXS is like most ticket sites you just check a box for "accessible" seating when looking for tickets.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Question, where's the wall of shame nws?

Maybe I'll work with Rentahamster and set up a viewing party at the Mandalay Bay with a nice stream for it instead.

Shouta please, hook me up with the Illuminati pass on this.

Yes, but we raised prices last year and that has no effect on the current arena pricing.

I don't know if you'll read this and I don't know the logistical nightmare you are going through right now but I HIGHLY suggest you try accommodating for the folks who would just want to watch it on a stream. If I'm not mistaken, you mentioned that on the last day, all the equipment will be moving out and everything will happen at the stadium its happening in which is understandable, running this event is expensive. However, is there no opportunity in somehow making a stream work?

Waited in line an hour at VGNY and when I left the line was double the size it was when I got in. The thirst is real.

Do you go to Next Level often? You and me were probably on that same line lol

notworksafe

Question, where's the wall of shame nws?
Posting even once gets you on the wall. We should all be ashamed.

I don't know if you'll read this and I don't know the logistical nightmare you are going through right now but I HIGHLY suggest you try accommodating for the folks who would just want to watch it on a stream. If I'm not mistaken, you mentioned that on the last day, all the equipment will be moving out and everything will happen at the stadium its happening in which is understandable, running this event is expensive. However, is there no opportunity in somehow making a stream work?
Think about what you are asking. You want folks to be paid to set up a separate venue with a stream (employee, equipment, chair, and venue rental costs) to accommodate folks too cheap to pay a measly $40 to go to an arena and want to just watch on a stream for free? That's better solved by telling folks to use a laptop in their hotel room. Seems like a waste of money for no reason.

If you are gonna make the trek to Vegas, pay for a hotel, flight, gas, taxi, food, tournament entry, souvenirs, monorail pass, etc and not shell out a measly $40 to watch the finals, then you should just go home a day early or not bother going at all. If you register the first week and get a general admission arena pass it's literally the same cost as last years EVO.

jbug617

Banned
Did Capcom say what the bonus was for first beta messing up? I remember they said they would compensate people when the game comes out.

Bizazedo

If you are gonna make the trek to Vegas, pay for a hotel, flight, gas, taxi, food, tournament entry, souvenirs, monorail pass, etc and not shell out a measly $40 to watch the finals, then you should just go home a day early or not bother going at all. If you register the first week and get a general admission arena pass it's literally the same cost as last years EVO.

100% this. If $40 is too much, you should not be going in the first place.

jbug617

Banned
It was extending the beta period.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofi...t-fighter-v-beta-postponed-until-a-later-date

To be clear, this first beta test attempt will not count toward our previously announced beta test allotments. There will still be at least three full beta tests prior to the game’s launch. So for those in the Americas that feel disappointed that they were not able to experience their pre-order incentive, there will be plenty of opportunities prior to launch to experience the game.

Additionally, we are working on a worthwhile in-game incentive for the players that participated in the first beta test. While we can't confirm specifics just yet, we will have more details on this in the coming weeks.

notworksafe

Capcom lies and their promises don't mean shit and never have. Your reward is knowledge gained. Please look forward to future cash shop items.

Daigo Umehara 梅原大吾 – ‏@daigothebeast

My strategy vs @LupeFiasco? He will likely kick, push, kick, push, kick, push, kick, push...

I will coast. #LupeVSDaigo

lol. dying over here

.la1n

I feel like I missed something important. Are EVO finals not being streamed Sunday? Or there just want be a separate area to watch finals like last year while at the venue?

notworksafe

I feel like I missed something important. Are EVO finals not being streamed Sunday? Or there just want be a separate area to watch finals like last year while at the venue?

People want someplace where they don't have to pay extra to watch the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom