• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chun is definitely higher execution and I dare any mother fucker who said this game has low execution to stop playing Nash or Laura and play Chun Li and then shut the fuck up.
Morton_Umbrella_Girl.png

Chun is definitely higher execution and I dare any mother fucker who said this game has low execution to stop playing Nash or Laura and play Chun Li and then shut the fuck up.

True but it's still easier than SF IV.

I am emo though I happen to want to play one of the few execution heavy characters in this. Gonna have to resist the temptation to give up on her.

Anne

Well time to test it in training mode then.

It being -2 means I am not going to be using it much, st.MP is +2 and decent range on it for a mid punch. But if you can't throw it then that's make it interesting.

I would focus less on the fact that it's -2 and the specific utility of it, but that's just me. Directly comparing it to MP is a bit weird cause it's pretty different.

mbpm1

Faced a 1500 lp or so Ken. His game plan was less random than most Kens, basically just try to zone and overhead me and then try to pressure after they hit (most did)

I ate like 10 overheads throughout the match but I refused to stop downbacking and being a wall with normals when I could. Eventually he killed himself by jumps and trying to spam overheads in frustration. He didn't try to walk in to mix me up or anything even once lol

JeTmAn81

After confirming that my PC can't run SFV, I bought USFIV for it. Apparently there are sites that sell Steam keys, g2a sold me one for $13 Canadian for some reason, which worked out to under $10 USD. Pretty cool.

I feel like I understand people are mad about SFV missing some modes, but I don't understand why the reaction is being so overblown as if the game offers nothing of value.

Just odd.

vocab

Having a really hard time dealing with short ranged normals. It's unlike any other fighting game, and I feel really limited with some of the characters I play.

FACE

Banned
SF5 OT Is the best:

Yeah, well that's true, never thought it would play that differently than on a gamepad, now I know for sure though.
Good to know, I'm not the spam type as you've noticed I also play fair not using the cheap tactics to get you cornered at the end of the stage, I always back oof so you can get a way to maneuver.

What is "fairness" to you?
Doing the same hadoken all the time or shoryuken the opponent to death so he can't do nothing?

Yeah, I know, seems the topic fairness hasn't a place in fighting games it seems, so you have to become ruthless and well "unfair" it seems.

Why is fairness a weird thing in fighting games anyway I don't get it.

GorillaJu

So Chun have a lot of high execution stuff, mostly with delayed cancels which you can't abuse SFV's generous buffer to make easier, and most of the time they're required for optimal combos. Wonder if other characters have this, high level Chun will look nothing like your regular Chun even if the only thing you see in high level play is combos.

Yeah I messed around in training to see if I could get those cr.LP, st.MP, cr.MK, MK SBK combos but it was rough. Requires really good timing.

SF5 OT Is the best:

Careful. I got banned for doing this.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
These flavor of the month people come and goes. No matter how the game is they will buy it, play it for a few and move onto something else.

For me, I'm going to use Tekken Tag 2 as how robust a fighting game title should be released in this day and age and SFV fails miserably compared to it. Then again it takes forever for a Tekken game to come to consoles so they have all the time in the world to put as many things in it as possible. SFV was obviously rushed out.

These flavor of the month people come and goes. No matter how the game is they will buy it, play it for a few and move onto something else.

For me, I'm going to use Tekken Tag 2 as how robust a fighting game title should be released in this day and age and SFV fails miserably compared to it. Then again it takes forever for a Tekken game to come to consoles so they have all the time in the world to put as many things in it as possible. SFV was obviously rushed out.

TTTT is pretty good in terms of packaging and content. It's tutorial mode is deep and robust.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does Mike work at Twitch these days? I think that stream he did yesterday was from the Twitch offices?

Shun

I swear Nobi has like the same rotation of the same like 6 or 7 shirts every time I see him. He has a hella small wardrobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom