• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
SFV online leagues:

Rookie
Bronze
Super Bronze
Ultra Bronze
Silver
Super Silver
Ultra Silver
Gold
Super Gold
Ultra Gold
Platinum
Super Platinum
Ultra Platinum
Diamond
Super Diamond
Ultra Diamond
Master
Grand Master
Ultimate Grand Master
Warlord
Hero

Depending on how much LP you lose for beating someone with barely any/losing to someone with barely any, I think the ranks might end up stagnant like how it did in SF4.

Pls no more +1 point for a win against a low LP player than -128 for a loss against one :(

pixelish

how does league points work anyway? so far i have not felt the 'robustness' of the points system yet and am a bit worried it might be as simple as sf4's pp/bp system and does not promote good matchmaking.

hypernima

Banned
The good people at SFVServer (probably Lord Haunts) are taking suggestions of what should be changed/fixed outside of gameplay. Pretty much rage quitting, survival mode being dumb, disconnect issues in battle lounge etc.

If you guys want to make a google doc with the issues you're having to send to @SFVServer, let me know
(so I can ask someone else to do it)

pls no "omg nerf hadoken spam" or "why isn't psycho inferno +30 on block"

having the PC version playable without having to close your driver tablets.
I've never had any other game have this issue and quite frankly its unacceptable.

The good people at SFVServer (probably Lord Haunts) are taking suggestions of what should be changed/fixed outside of gameplay. Pretty much rage quitting, survival mode being dumb, disconnect issues in battle lounge etc.

If you guys want to make a google doc with the issues you're having to send to @SFVServer, let me know
(so I can ask someone else to do it)

pls no "omg nerf hadoken spam" or "why isn't psycho inferno +30 on block"

why laura so dumb?

SFV online leagues:

Rookie
Bronze
Super Bronze
Ultra Bronze
Silver
Super Silver
Ultra Silver
Gold
Super Gold
Ultra Gold
Platinum
Super Platinum
Ultra Platinum
Diamond
Super Diamond
Ultra Diamond
Master
Grand Master
Ultimate Grand Master
Warlord
Hero
WTF @ Hero. How can they give that to Bison? It should have stopped at Grand Master.

MrDaravon

Really hope they speed up the matchmaking, it's taking me a good while to find matches in Ranked or Casual in general most of the time. Doesn't help that I'm getting stomped most of the time and the cooldown period between matches is long enough to take me out of any sort of groove.

Infinite

To cammy players: is it possible to reliably confirm a combo from cross up jump short? I can't for the life of me get it consistently. Is there some trick I'm missing?

Shouta

What games to enter for Evo. I want to do 3ish, maybe 4 again. SFV is a lock. I'll probably play Pokken too. So it just comes to whether I want to do Smash 4 and/or Revelator.

Dahbomb

To cammy players: is it possible to reliably confirm a combo from cross up jump short? I can't for the life of me get it consistently. Is there some trick I'm missing?
What combo are you doing?

You need to land the jump in late on the body and start into cr. jabs as soon as possible. cr.LP, cr.LP xx Spiral Arrow

What games to enter for Evo. I want to do 3ish, maybe 4 again. SFV is a lock. I'll probably play Pokken too. So it just comes to whether I want to do Smash 4 and/or Revelator.

I'm set for SF5, Pokken, and T7. I'm really interested in how Pokken will do and I don't even know if I will like it. I was contemplating Revelator because I only want to play Johnny but the game isn't even out yet, so fuck it, maybe I'll change my mind later.

The Light

Looks like your subconscious is trying to tell you to enter some side games.

Shouta

I'm set for SF5, Pokken, and T7. I'm really interested in how Pokken will do and I don't even know if I will like it. I was contemplating Revelator because I only want to play Johnny but the game isn't even out yet, so fuck it, maybe I'll change my mind later.

Yeah, that's kinda my problem with Revelator right now. It's not out and I don't know if I'll like the new chars at all. I don't like the current ones so it's hard to muster up the will to play the game.

Looks like your subconscious is trying to tell you to enter some side games.

Probably will play Gundam again if I have a partner.

Puzzle Fighter!

That is tempting.

Infinite

What combo are you doing?

You need to land the jump in late on the body and start into cr. jabs as soon as possible. cr.LP, cr.LP xx Spiral Arrow
I was trying the combo you listed above since it seems like jump short has little hit stun and crouch jab is her fastest move. I was inconsistently with it in training mode tho.

Anne

Been saying since day one the MM system might just be linear similar to PP which is kind of lame considering we have these neat little leagues.

Dahbomb

Been saying since day one the MM system might just be linear similar to PP which is kind of lame considering we have these neat little leagues.
The leagues are nothing more than just fancy names for letter grades.

Bronze = F-
Super = F
Ultra Bronze = F+
Silver = D-
Etc.

Rhapsody

Banned
I've said it before, but the games I already entered for in Evo this year are SFV and XrdR. Won't be adding any other games and I might not even do side tourneys. Sort of depends on how much space the venue has since waiting for UNIEL ate so much time last Evo. If anything I'll enter a BB side tourney just because it's BB.

I'll see how much I can level up in SFV before then. XrdR, I'm hoping my old main turns out good. Really wanting to see Dizzy scans/trailer lol

I've said it before, but the games I already entered for in Evo this year are SFV and XrdR. Won't be adding any other games and I might not even do side tourneys. Sort of depends on how much space the venue has since waiting for UNIEL ate so much time last Evo. If anything I'll enter a BB side tourney just because it's BB.

I'll see how much I can level up in SFV before then. XrdR, I'm hoping my old main turns out good. Really wanting to see Dizzy scans/trailer lol
the lack of dizzy is the only thing holding me back from playing more Xrd. I have until friday to relearn my BBCPE noel combos for winter brawl

Anne

The leagues are nothing more than just fancy names for letter grades.

Bronze = F-
Super = F
Ultra Bronze = F+
Silver = D-
Etc.

Yeah. Shit sucks unless the LP system gets crazy punishing higher up. The league system gives off the impression they want that "esports" type online deal without having an actual league system.

It's better than the letter grades though because that was tied to BP which came down to more how often you played than how often you lost.

Infinite

Yeah. Shit sucks unless the LP system gets crazy punishing higher up. The league system gives off the impression they want that "esports" type online deal without having an actual league system.
How should a proper league work in that case?

Anne

How should a proper league work in that case?

The elo number should be calculated in a more robust way is all. Limiting wins/losses to such small numbers and having it be mostly linear is kinda meh. On the low end atm a skilled player who should be plat level will take hundreds of matches to be properly placed, on the high end it means less skilled players can get rank through playing thousands of matches and getting wins often enough.

It would be better if league placement was more relative to population and could flucuate a bit based on who you play and your performance. If you've ever played the "esports" type stuff you know you can shoot up quick and shoot down quick, but most players can get settled into an appropriate skill range.

Look at Hearthstone tbh. If it werent for monthly reset everybody could hit legend, that part of ladder is worthless for comp anyways but the low skill players will like it. Once you hit legend the game actually gets a real ranking system. SFV basically only has that ladder MMing atm but without the monthly reset.

Sigmaah

fam im 40-0 and I really don't want to lose this streak b

im starting to understand the allure of the quick quit application option

I mean I see why ppl do it, no penalty so why not but nah son HOLD DAT L AND LEMME GET MY POINTS.

Why try to get high lp if you know deep down inside you a fake nigga. I can't do that. I mean Ima quit on anyone who quit on me if I remember the name but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom