• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beats

Pokken is the one game I truly hope fails...so incredibly unfun

That doesn't seem like a good reason to want something to fail. There are a couple of fighting games on the lineup that I don't find very fun or just aren't for me, so I'm just mostly indifferent towards them. If they get a lot of entrants and the tournaments go well for them then I think that's great for the people that like those games even if I don't really enjoy them all that much.

What do you get out of it if it fails?

Dahbomb

Main issue is that unlike something like DOTA 2, streaks in SFV don't matter much. If you streak games in DOTA 2 you start getting paired against higher skilled opponents much quicker. This means players who are actually skilled get to the appropriate skill faster. Not this FChamp streaks 100 wins against average players just to get gold rank. The MM should be aggressively working to ensure players reach the 50% win rate mark (though some players obviously will never be that low or that high even)

This also lowered impact of smurfing.

Anne

It is. There are tons of post in the OT complaining of people who just ranked up and got blown up and sent back down.

It's a struggle.

Not what I mean. I mean if you have a high rank and decide not to play for awhile youll slowly lose rank.

Also yeah Dahbomb is right on that, it's part of it.

It is. There are tons of post in the OT complaining of people who just ranked up and got blown up and sent back down.

It's a struggle.

think anne means more of if you don't play for a while does your rank go down. All i know is position on the leaderboard does

You should not take this UK sales number for granted as it does not count digital sales... A UK magazine stopped publishing sales less than 6 months ago considering their numbers were completely wrong since it was only retail. Wait for April and Capcom fiscal year recap.

MrDaravon

I've been going through a couple characters a day by trying out their special moves/commands in training mode just to get an idea what they can do then doing their "story" mode, and I'm gonna be honest in that I did Ken today and like him. But I don't wanna be that guy either that results in 80% of players online being Ken. God damn it lol.

I fully agree with whoever said it earlier in the thread but we need Ken with the slicked-back hair in tuxedo as DLC immediately

Dahbomb

Not what I mean. I mean if you have a high rank and decide not to play for awhile youll slowly lose rank.

Also yeah Dahbomb is right on that, it's part of it.
You should lose ranking not points/titles.

So you should decay from rank 5675 to 10765 over time but not go from 3500 LP to 3000 LP and get demoted from Gold to Silver. That stuff makes the average player quit really fast.

Anne

So you should decay from rank 5675 to 10765 over time but not go from 3500 LP to 3000 LP and get demoted from Gold to Silver. That stuff makes the average player quit really fast.

Eh, I think at higher elo if you stop playing for weeks at a time it should bump you slightly down. If people didnt actually get that much better than you in that time you'll get it back quick anyways.

That would require the MM system to not require you to get 50 wins in a row to league up though.

Swarna

This happens with League and it's not an issue.

Frankly, the ranking system is barebones. I hope season 2 will be better.

wait till standard and those laura nerfs

Nah, Laura better not get nerfed.

Are there any good fighting game podcasts? I'd love to listen to something FG related on the commute.

Super Best Friendcast is the only popular podcast I know of that even talks about fighting games. I imagine there's gonna be some lengthy SF talk on tonights cast. Giant Bombcast had a pretty long segment on Street Fighter last week, but it's less about the gameplay itself and what's around it.

Anne

Nah, Laura better not get nerfed.

Super Best Friendcast is the only popular podcast I know of that even talks about fighting games. I imagine there's gonna be some lengthy SF talk on tonights cast. Giant Bombcast had a pretty long segment on Street Fighter last week, but it's less about the gameplay itself and what's around it.

SBF are really casual though. They all play fighters and know more about street fighter than just mashing, but past that it's a wash. Woolie is decent at SF though, his Dago saga was great lol.

SBF are really casual though. They all play fighters and know more about street fighter than just mashing, but past that it's a wash. Woolie is decent at SF though, his Dago saga was great lol.

that video was hilarious. Also his mvc3 video

Why is cross counter asia still doing usf4 vids

Anything FGC or enthusiast related? Like how SRK and IPW used to put stuff out?

The Woolie/Daigo saga got me into them in the first place. Woolie used to be pretty good back in the day, but since he got super deep into the channel, he's definitely hasn't been as good.

But yeah, they know some stuff about SF and fighting games, but you're not gonna get the deep technical stuff most because they probably don't know about it (outside of Woolie and Pat) and it's not really something their audience would care much to hear about it. Still, some talk about it is better than nothing, though I would love to add a good FG podcast to the rotation if they exist.

Anything FGC or enthusiast related? Like how IPW used to put stuff out?

They talked about the Triforce/Nuckledu thing a few weeks ago and ocassionally plug some videos to this one guy that breaks down a lot of tourney matches (though I forgot the channel name). There's some FGC stuff in there and they talk about more than just SF, but it's not a major component of the podcast.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Those Cross Counter Asia videos were recorded months ago. I mean they are still talking about what character they want to play in Capcom Cup in them.

MrDaravon

SHOTS

https://twitter.com/nycfurby/status/701888203230420993

Arturo Sanchez ‏@nycfurby 37s38 seconds ago
Hey @Ebarteam , tell your player to stop ragequitting. Have some honor. Do points really matter? https://youtu.be/1106B-wKP8I #SF5 #RageQuit

The ragequitter is #7 on the global leaderboards as of this video LOL. Good shit to Art for calling them out.

Edit: Oh wow gets even better, Ebar-Team posted this dude being #1 on the leaderboards 2 hours ago asking if other top players could reach him. L O L

https://twitter.com/EbarTeam/status/701866131569688578

E-BAR Team ‏@EbarTeam 2h2 hours ago
Hey @fchampryan @Tampa_Bison @PR_Balrog @PhenomSF @nycfurby Could you reach our player ? #Kiss #EbarTeam #EFT
Cb2HhurXIAYq06M.jpg

Well this is certainly a good look for them.

mbpm1

SHOTS

The ragequitter is #7 on the global leaderboards as of this video LOL. Good shit to Art for calling them out.

Edit: Oh wow gets even better, Ebar-Team posted this dude being #1 on the leaderboards 2 hours ago asking if other top players could reach him. L O L

E-BAR Team
‏@EbarTeam
@nycfurby @Ebarteam make sure to record the fight when he gonna beat you ;)

lol

SHOTS

God damn lol

hitsugi

SHOTS

I'm assuming Capcom will eventually put in features they had in SF4 like the 100 point penalty for disconnecting (sucks when you get a slideshow match) or the disconnect percentage, or both...

I wonder if they could retro the percentage in. That'd be something else.

Producer

SHOTS

Lol damn. Whats up with Mika players jumping all the time tho

MrDaravon

Art's just uploading videos of ragequitters now. This is pretty great.

You'd think at the level these guys have to be at (top few hundred or so) they know there's a good chance this stuff is going to be recorded, hell on PS4 literally anyone can upload directly to youtube. So dumb.

shaowebb

Real talk. May be buying a home. Highest speed internet possible is 50 meg download, 5 meg upload. Sufficient or not? I currently sport 75 down/7.5 up.

This is a really really nice place to live, but without internet I can't make it. Its all I use. I dont even watch television.

Wallach

Real talk. May be buying a home. Highest speed internet possible is 50 meg download, 5 meg upload. Sufficient or not? I currently sport 75 down/7.5 up.

This is a really really nice place to live, but without internet I can't make it. Its all I use. I dont even watch television.

I mean, I wouldn't pass up a great home buying opportunity over it. 50/5 isn't bad.

shaowebb

I mean, I wouldn't pass up a great home buying opportunity over it. 50/5 isn't bad.

Yeah, they have to have it ran before I'll buy though. No exceptions. I enjoy faster now, but this is the only provider in this area (fucking wv). If they can settle out the high speed internet situation I'll get an acre and a half and a really nice place with privacy thats still near work and not in an area thats either up a hill or destined to be snowed over. This shit is hard to find.

Sucks that I got to make them hook it up before I'll talk contracts though, but fuck them I'm not a caveman. I push and pull data constantly.
The scenario I'm looking at now is they have ZERO internet service and no providers servicing that area. They have to get Time Warner out there to even see if they'll run a line and if it doesn't happen with them then the place will never have internet. Fastest time warner offers is 50/5

Its literally that major a factor for me. All entertainment goes through internet and most social stuff too given my schedule. No internet would literally mean all I do ends.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Speed really doesn't matter in a multiplayer game, the packets being sent are very small. What's important is how consistent the connection is, or what's commonly called "Jitter".

You can test jitter on www.pingtest.net, generally you want to be under 5 ms, anything higher then that and you'll start running into issues, especially in fighting games.

So if you know anyone on that ISP with that plan, get them to do a pingtest and give you the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom