• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saved every rage quit once it started to happen frequently so I got me some vids for sure. I gotta peep the names of the ppl then I'll post the replays

Nice. Gotta put the Ragers on blast. I had one rage on me on Ultra a couple of weeks ago because he didn't his 15k player lose tons on my 00 character

Sigmaah

I need some tips. I dunno what to do with that character. Tend to have more success just manually holstering the claw lol

Let's start off by saying I was not an sf player until this game. So I really don't know much lmao.

I watch a lot of videos and try shit in training mode. I know that st.mk cr.mk are damn good to use imo. Positive on block I think?

How do I show replays? best bet is to show those so u can get the idea of what I do at least. Watch floe stream he plays vega, best way to see how vega is used atm. Pr rog was using him too so that's another way to peep how vega is played

I haven't run into too many ragequitters, but it's still sort of baffling how a big multiplayer game in 2016 can launch without some sort of low priority queue or time out punishment for qutting games. It seems like such a basic feature for a competitive game, but I guess working servers are also pretty basic, so maybe setting up a LPQ is not high on the priorities list right now.

miku

Just got the gag reel ending where Makoto's tail is removed and...uh...it talks.

I'm out. Time to stop playing for today.

Thanks for reminding me

I totally forgot about this haha

sLlrNtl.png

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaah, I'm done trying to get colors.

It just throws me off. I tried it on last time. I cross and sweep everyone the whole nine yards, then get to Necalli on level 29 and all of a sudden he's got a brain and blocking shit and destroys me. If the story mode AI were more like that it'd be far more fun but placing it at the tail end of boring, brain less survival mode is just tedium. Done with the mode. I'm not bothering with it any longer unless colors are in the shop. If colors aren't in the shop, we should protest Capcom for a more optimal way to unlock colors just like how some people protested for arcade mode.

This is unacceptable.

Always painful to lose some close matches, but at least there's some good people on ranked right now. Gotta get better at teching throws off cross ups since that's where I'm struggling the most at the moment.

Seyavesh

for whoever still likes marvel in here, check out undefeated 2016's (angelic's marvel-focused tournament) archives- especially ryanlv's matches in the winners and grand finals

i also recommend checking out priest's matches and dualkevin's matches- dualkevin vs. chrisg had a section of play that was genuinely mindblowing beyond all belief from him

here's a good match to start from- almost everything afterwards is good. there's a lot of good stuff beforehand too (including stuff like sbk getting busted by sacktap's ghost rider team and i<3justice [pwright/capam/strange] sending cloud to losers) but this point was when the tourney really kicked into high gear
http://www.twitch.tv/angelicfg/v/48710036?t=8h47m43s

It just throws me off. I tried it on last time. I cross and sweep everyone the whole nine yards, then get to Necalli on level 29 and all of a sudden he's got a brain and blocking shit and destroys me. If the story mode AI were more like that it'd be far more fun but placing it at the tail end of boring, brain less survival mode is just tedium. Done with the mode. I'm not bothering with it any longer unless colors are in the shop. If colors aren't in the shop, we should protest Capcom for a more optimal way to unlock colors just like how some people protested for arcade mode.

This is unacceptable.
I've died against level 34 Birdie about four times now. With the help of an online player who saved me just as I was being thrown to my death by Nash I managed to make it to Ken and thought I had 90% health and a chance, but nope. Just as that Ken dealt the finishing blow I hoped for one second that NPD day comes and SFV numbers would be so low Sub Zero would get a chill. That feeling lasted for less time than a 1F link, but it was there and I hate myself for thinking it. Whoever came up with the requirements for survival mode is a prick.

Sayad

LP means really very little especially early in the game's life when you can get a severe advantage by using gimmicks and fake tech.
Or when more than half of your 20 win streak was against the same guy who you don't even have a good connection with nor is he anywhere near your level, ranked matchmaking is bonkers right now.

The good people at SFVServer (probably Lord Haunts) are taking suggestions of what should be changed/fixed outside of gameplay. Pretty much rage quitting, survival mode being dumb, disconnect issues in battle lounge etc.

If you guys want to make a google doc with the issues you're having to send to @SFVServer, let me know
(so I can ask someone else to do it)

pls no "omg nerf hadoken spam" or "why isn't psycho inferno +30 on block"

Seyavesh

ones that come to mind immediately for a user friendliness standpoint or whatever:

for local vs. stuff it should require both players to confirm their selections on the rematch screen rather than just p1 being able to force it/only p1 being able to go to char select and shit

for battle lobbies there needs to be a ftdeath/infinite rematch option rather than maxed out at ft10

training mode should save your settings and shouldn't send data to servers/kick you out when the server goes down

character themes/stage themes should be something you can select in local vs- either allow full choice of specific song or just which type you'd rather prefer

i haven't seen it yet but does the server disconnecting kick you out of local vs stuff? i'm betting it does and if that's the case then that really needs to be dealt with

Hyun Sai

The good people at SFVServer (probably Lord Haunts) are taking suggestions of what should be changed/fixed outside of gameplay. Pretty much rage quitting, survival mode being dumb, disconnect issues in battle lounge etc.

If you guys want to make a google doc with the issues you're having to send to @SFVServer, let me know

First, I would like the battle lounges to work. Every time.

Second, fix the PS4 framerate.

Third, making colors unlocked based on the time you played with the character. Fuck survival mode, don't put anything to unlock behind this mess.

Oh, saving training settings would be nice too.

I think I'll be done with this game if the first 2 issues are not fixed in March.

onionfrog

-The game should save your fight request settings. Its annoying now having to manually turn fight request back on and set connection quality settings each time I start the game.

Dahbomb

Training mode settings shouldn't start resetting once you accept a match. Especially stuff that you had recorded and were playing back.

I'll probably post this again where appropriate anyway:

- Being able to map record/play to any buttons in training mode
- A V-Reversal setting for the dummy, doesn't seem to work manually unless I'm fucking up somehow
- Being able to record jumping normals out of blockstun, for some reason all I can record is an empty jump
- let me choose stage/character themes in all modes freely pls
- don't kick me out of training mode because the server went nuts smh

Bout time I had a chance to have my complaints heard!

Haunts why the fuck isn't psycho inferno +30 on bl... Oh.
Guys, let's be reasonable. +10 on block is good enough for Psycho Inferno.

Maybe we should just make a GAF thread for it? My top 3 frustrations and concerns:
1) The massive disparity between some hitboxes and their animations. I don't expect perfection, but I also don't expect Ryu's c.MK in its current state.

2) Sometimes you go to pressure someone and they jump. You go for a tick throw, for example, and the jab is too quick to really adapt to the situation on the fly. They get hit by the jab, you grab the air, and then they punish your grab whiff. Pretty annoying situation IMO. Though maybe my frustration is unreasonable here.

3) Training mode settings not being saved between uses. Even between matches, it resets. This should be an easy fix.

Also, I feel like the game doesn't store down charges sometimes. I can crouch for 4-5 seconds with Bison, go for a Head Stomp, and s.HK comes out. It happens enough that it feels like a system glitch, and this has been a problem since Beta 1. I'd like other corroborating experiences from Bison players, though, before making an issue out of it.

Actually, I just thought of a fourth:
4) Bison's back throw goes a different distance when used against a cornered opponent compared to the mid-screen version. They should both travel the distance of the mid-screen throw. Apparently, the screen position is what determines how far the throw goes; more screen space = farther throw.

BadWolf

They should just ape KOFXIII:

- You unlock colors based on the number of matches you play with a given character. Every match you play counts towards this (arcade, versus, online play etc.).

- If someone disconnects too much during matches then they are banned from online play for 24 hours.

Beckx

Here's a QoL change that should be simple:

When you're in the main menu, and press left to go to the options, quit, etc. column, currently it will skip that column entirely and go to the far right column if you were at the bottom of the menu when you pressed left. Did that make sense? Basically I'm saying when you press left or right in the main menu, it should always go to the next column regardless of what option you were on. As it is now, if you want to get to options or exit or whatever, you first have to line up your cursor next to the option and then press left.

Dahbomb

Guys, let's be reasonable. +10 on block is good enough for Psycho Inferno.

Maybe we should just make a GAF thread for it? My top 3 frustrations and concerns:
1) The massive disparity between some hitboxes and their animations. I don't expect perfection, but I also don't expect Ryu's c.MK in its current state.

2) Sometimes you go to pressure someone and they jump. You go for a tick throw, for example, and the jab is too quick to really adapt to the situation on the fly. They get hit by the jab, you grab the air, and then they punish your grab whiff. Pretty annoying situation IMO. Though maybe my frustration is unreasonable here.

3) Training mode settings not being saved between uses. Even between matches, it resets. This should be an easy fix.

Also, I feel like the game doesn't store down charges sometimes. I can crouch for 4-5 seconds with Bison, go for a Head Stomp, and s.HK comes out. It happens enough that it feels like a system glitch, and this has been a problem since Beta 1. I'd like other corroborating experiences from Bison players, though, before making an issue out of it.

Actually, I just thought of a fourth:
4) Bison's back throw goes a different distance when used against a cornered opponent compared to the mid-screen version. They should both travel the distance of the mid-screen throw. Apparently, the screen position is what determines how far the throw goes; more screen space = farther throw.
It clearly says "outside of game play". Pretty sure they are not taking balance suggestions yet.

Pachimari

Umm..
RT@SCaliburFanPage The SoulCalibur Fans are still anxiously waiting on #SoulCalibur6 !!! Please don't forget that! #SoulCalibur

I honestly think we'll get a Soul Calibur VI announcement this year. They haven't forgotten, and they will have listened to the poll. And I will be so there for Talim! Haven't played Soul Calibur since Soul Calibur 1 I think but it was one of the best fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom