• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Speed really doesn't matter in a multiplayer game, the packets being sent are very small. What's important is how consistent the connection is, or what's commonly called "Jitter".

You can test jitter on www.pingtest.net, generally you want to be under 5 ms, anything higher then that and you'll start running into issues, especially in fighting games.

So if you know anyone on that ISP with that plan, get them to do a pingtest and give you the results.

Hard to do since this would be the first internet serviced to that area. Really getting worried here...especially since once I get further in on my game build someday there would have to be online testing done. Don't know how I'd be able to help do that if the internet I had was shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Real talk. May be buying a home. Highest speed internet possible is 50 meg download, 5 meg upload. Sufficient or not? I currently sport 75 down/7.5 up.

This is a really really nice place to live, but without internet I can't make it. Its all I use. I dont even watch television.
Anything above 30 MBPS is icing on the cake.

So weird hearing people worry about going from stellar speeds to less stellar but still stellar speeds when I was stuck at 10mbps until only a few years ago. And there's barely a difference in functionality (not speed). 1080p videos load more seamlessly, that's it. Unless you have a burning desire for 4K video and nothing else or are running a home server or something, you should be good.

shaowebb

Anything above 30 MBPS is icing on the cake.

So weird hearing people worry about going from stellar speeds to less stellar but still stellar speeds when I was stuck at 10mbps until only a few years ago. And there's barely a difference in functionality (not speed). 1080p videos load more seamlessly, that's it. Unless you have a burning desire for 4K video and nothing else or are running a home server or something, you should be good.

All I knew was I went from african internets that lost in a speed test to Puerto Rico with comcast in Barboursville to suddenly having excellent speeds in my current place with suddenlink. I've never known what everything in between passes for. My points of reference are super far apart. Sounds like I gotta worry about jitter real bad though. I do a lot of video since I use net streaming for stuff like twitch, netflix and youtube constantly. Thats if they can even run it :(

Man I hope they can wire this damned place up. It'd suck to be forced back on the market because the only decent home around here I've found was unable to get internet service. Sucks too because around here most homes are literally a century old and suffer from price inflation due to all the gas wells in the area driving up the price on every property in surrounding areas. Just want me a nice nerd house to game and net in.

Shun

friend give me a gift.

stick update.

Cb25sszUEAEKvQy.jpg

Speed really doesn't matter in a multiplayer game, the packets being sent are very small. What's important is how consistent the connection is, or what's commonly called "Jitter".

You can test jitter on www.pingtest.net, generally you want to be under 5 ms, anything higher then that and you'll start running into issues, especially in fighting games.

Hmm, after five tests:

3, 2, 4, 6, 4

Expected

GorillaJu

Damn Art's Yoga Fire -> MK slide to push them into fire, cr FP, b MK MK Flame is a sick ass little combo. Gonna have to steal that.

MechaX

Man, my internet was down all weekend after a busy week and for some reason, SFV could not go past the title screen. But now that the internet is back on, it totally works normally, go fucking figure.

I need to steal some Karin tech stat.

Shun

$72 for buttons lol...
Added two new ones I'm guessing

I have duplicates and extra in case they break.

half of them are from TGS, the other 1/3 is extras I needed in case from Arcade Shock, the 2 other buttons, which I have duplicates of, was gift so i don't know if he get from arcadeshock or got it from maxim hero cause i know maxim hero has a lot extra they get from TGS that they give to their locals as prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom