• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Really surprised that SFV bombed in the UK. The game isn't even in the Top 20 on Amazon US. I hope they are able to hit their sales projection.

CurlyW

Kotaku's 2010 Evo recap article is what got me interested in the FGC. Can't remember who wrote it though. A lot of their stuff is dependent on the author.

hitsugi

The good people at SFVServer (probably Lord Haunts) are taking suggestions of what should be changed/fixed outside of gameplay. Pretty much rage quitting, survival mode being dumb, disconnect issues in battle lounge etc.

If you guys want to make a google doc with the issues you're having to send to @SFVServer, let me know
(so I can ask someone else to do it)

There should be a way to detect connections that = slideshow and either drop the match without penalizing players or prevent it from occurring in the first place.

Tripon

Those UK numbers aren't a direct correlation. SFIV had 360 which was a popular console in the UK, but I don't think a PC release at launch vs the PS4/PC combo that SFV has.

ones that come to mind immediately for a user friendliness standpoint or whatever:

for local vs. stuff it should require both players to confirm their selections on the rematch screen rather than just p1 being able to force it/only p1 being able to go to char select and shit

for battle lobbies there needs to be a ftdeath/infinite rematch option rather than maxed out at ft10

training mode should save your settings and shouldn't send data to servers/kick you out when the server goes down

character themes/stage themes should be something you can select in local vs- either allow full choice of specific song or just which type you'd rather prefer

i haven't seen it yet but does the server disconnecting kick you out of local vs stuff? i'm betting it does and if that's the case then that really needs to be dealt with

List credits as the last option in the options menu, not above the general settings.

Survival mode is unacceptable and so is farming it for colors.

Not being able to select stages online feels limiting, especially in lobbies.

Give the options to change characters in lobbies without having to go back to the lobby screen and change characters. Lobbies should essentially function as versus except online much like Endless in IV.

In training mode why can I not turn stun off just because I've programmed the Ai with a recording?!

Sayad

2) Sometimes you go to pressure someone and they jump. You go for a tick throw, for example, and the jab is too quick to really adapt to the situation on the fly. They get hit by the jab, you grab the air, and then they punish your grab whiff. Pretty annoying situation IMO. Though maybe my frustration is unreasonable here.
Are you delaying your throw after the tick?! There's enough time to AA their vertical jump even with cr.HP, or better yet, buffer EX Psycho Inferno or a Critical Art after the throw if you have the meter. Vertical jump might work against command throws, but definitely doesn't punish normal throws. Long as you keep the possibility of them jumping in mind every time you go for a throw, should be easy to deal with.

jbug617

Banned
Those UK numbers aren't a direct correlation. SFIV had 360 which was a popular console in the UK, but I don't think a PC release at launch vs the PS4/PC combo that SFV has.

The game sold about half what it did for SF4 just on PS3.

SF4 Launch Week Sales
PS3- 47,000
360- 41,000

hitsugi

The survival process of sweep the first 27 rounds and then get ready for AI that instantly reacts to button presses is definitely an annoyance.. wouldn't matter so much if it weren't tied in with getting costume colors

..but it is

ones that come to mind immediately for a user friendliness standpoint or whatever:

for local vs. stuff it should require both players to confirm their selections on the rematch screen rather than just p1 being able to force it/only p1 being able to go to char select and shit

for battle lobbies there needs to be a ftdeath/infinite rematch option rather than maxed out at ft10

training mode should save your settings and shouldn't send data to servers/kick you out when the server goes down

character themes/stage themes should be something you can select in local vs- either allow full choice of specific song or just which type you'd rather prefer

i haven't seen it yet but does the server disconnecting kick you out of local vs stuff? i'm betting it does and if that's the case then that really needs to be dealt with

agree with all of this

Wallach

How much did MKX sell on just PS4?

~34k or something like that.

The UK is a pretty small market for fighters. They were less than 8% of the SFIV series' sales. They also get pretty screwed in terms of digital download prices so that region tends to skew heavy retail still.

I wouldn't expect SFV to match SFIV's month 1 performance. Capcom doesn't either, looking at their FY projections. 2 million by the end of the fiscal year is 20% lower than what they actually did for SFIV in the same time frame. I don't think their launch plans are as much of a misstep as the average gamer seems to. I'm more interested in seeing what things look like in the Sept-Oct range.

Not sure if this counts outside gameplay, but please allow us to turn off npc's. Let us pick which stages we want npc's off in fact. I like the npc's in the India stage but don't like the NPC's in the Brazil stage and the NPC's at Kanzuki Estate ruin what is essentially the best stage in the game.

FACE

Banned
Not sure if this counts outside gameplay, but please allow us to turn off npc's. Let us pick which stages we want npc's off in fact. I like the npc's in the India stage but don't like the NPC's in the Brazil stage and the NPC's at Kanzuki Estate ruin what is essentially the best stage in the game.

Daytime Kanzuki Estate with no NPCs is already in the game, why can't I play there?

hitsugi

Hey maybe if we get rid of the 30 random NPCs (which look like dreamcast models) dancing around in every background we could get them running at 60 FPS...

Daytime Kanzuki Estate with no NPCs is already in the game, why can't I play there?

I'm sure you'll be able to in the future - for a price.

YkBbRe8.jpg

sound advice

I'm not sure why they'd put daytime stages behind paywall.

The music changes from round to round anyways. Just make round one night and round two day like in KOF.

This whole, "day time version of a stage is actually a new stage" crap is awful. Have artistic merit. Imagine the first round ending in Hillside Plaza and then in round 2 it's night and this is playing.

Stop trying put everything behind a paywall and make the presentation of the game tight as fuck.

hitsugi

I'm not sure why they'd put daytime stages behind paywall.

The music changes from round to round anyways. Just make round one night and round two day like in KOF.

This whole, "day time version of a stage is actually a new stage" crap is awful. Have artistic merit. Imagine the first round ending in Hillside Plaza and then in round 2 it's night and this is playing.

Stop trying put everything behind a paywall and make the presentation of the game tight as fuck.

Well.. Capcom had stages that changed like that (day and night cycles) in USF4... but it just feels like (because all the story mode costumes are DLC) it's going to be a pay thing this time around.

Well.. Capcom had stages that changed like that (day and night cycles) in USF4... but it just feels like (because all the story mode costumes are DLC) it's going to be a pay thing this time around.

No, SFIV didn't have stages that changed. SFIV had a seperate stage. A day version and a night version. It's dumb and pads the stage list. These are the same stage. Just make them different rounds.

It will continue selling well with time I think since they are going to be releasing new content/characters almost monthly so the game will be in the news and whatnot often.
Not how it works Amigo. People are just going to buy cheaper used copies which are already available at your local game store.

Kikirin

Also, I feel like the game doesn't store down charges sometimes. I can crouch for 4-5 seconds with Bison, go for a Head Stomp, and s.HK comes out. It happens enough that it feels like a system glitch, and this has been a problem since Beta 1. I'd like other corroborating experiences from Bison players, though, before making an issue out of it.

I feel like I'm having some problem getting earliest possible consecutive projectiles with FANG as well, but for my case I'd more likely attribute that to either not charging long enough and/or bad execution. Kinda feels like I have to hit the attack button at near the exact same time as Up registers else I'd get an awkward full screen jump normal.

The good people at SFVServer (probably Lord Haunts) are taking suggestions of what should be changed/fixed outside of gameplay. Pretty much rage quitting, survival mode being dumb, disconnect issues in battle lounge etc.

If you guys want to make a google doc with the issues you're having to send to @SFVServer, let me know
(so I can ask someone else to do it)

pls no "omg nerf hadoken spam" or "why isn't psycho inferno +30 on block"
- Being able to save a replay at the match result screen, instead of opening up someone's fighter profile, selecting the correct match and then saving it through there.
- The ability to delete a replay in your saved list with a dedicated button.
- Replay settings like input display being saved. SFIV did this and it's absent in V.
- Training Mode settings need to be stored too, for that matter.
- Being able to discern whether someone is offline in your Favorites list.
- Replays need to be viewable offline too. I don't care about retrieving someone else's profile with stat tracking not even working right now.
- Allowing players to send in-game messages through CFN itself, given the cross-play infrastructure.
- Soundtrack options being implemented for Versus / Online matches too, not just the main menu.
- Earning a character color after x amount of matches, with default settings being mandatory if they fear exploits or something silly like that.

What are the rankings? Super/Ultra Bronze/Silver/Gold?
There's more tiers afterwards. Platinum, Diamond, Master and Hero. There's 21 sound files somewhere from the robotic announcer lady.

hitsugi

It doesn't really count for IV if stages like that originated from Street Fighter x Tekken, especially if they were added to artificially create 'value' for Ultra.

Oh yeah, I specified USF4 for that reason since that was when they appeared in the SF4 series. Then again, USF4 was 6 years into the series' life, so yeah.. Maybe we can't expect that from SFV out of the gates.

SFV online leagues:

Rookie
Bronze
Super Bronze
Ultra Bronze
Silver
Super Silver
Ultra Silver
Gold
Super Gold
Ultra Gold
Platinum