• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was grading papers yesterday and had to stop and take a picture of this.
Cb83Df-UkAAJjvw.jpg

Who knew Marvel was alive in Japan's suburb middle schools. Pretty sure this kid was not even born when this game dropped.

Pachimari

I gotta say Street Fighter V is my favorite fighter since Tekken 4 or Tag 2. It's phenomenal. Tekken's is and will always be my main franchise but it's nice to finally be able to get into Street Fighter; I have never been able to do so before.

GorillaJu

Was grading papers yesterday and had to stop and take a picture of this.

Who knew Marvel was alive in Japan's suburb middle schools. Pretty sure this kid was not even born when this game dropped.

That's amazing.

One of my students wrote down that their favorite movie was "Pirates of the Cali Lesbian"

No excuses for my kids though, they're all 17-18 years old :p

Sayad

I've uploaded some of the lessons I've given to youtube. Basically I play a FT5 with you then talk with you about what you lack and/or why you lost.

Here's one, there are more on my channel:

https://youtu.be/QVQoCH33Hok

It's a sub perk for now.
Juicebox, a while ago you asked about the type of content people want to see produced from you, would love to suggest some high level match analysis. Arturo made some during Injustice early days, and even though I didn't care about the games or even knew most of its mechanics, I found those videos really interesting, would love to something like this being done for SFV.

Snake's gief is fun to watch.

Daigo's guests for his next stream (friday same time) are Bonchan, Kichiken, and Kazunoko. I think Jiyuna will help with the translation, but there could have been a change of plans so it's still up in the air.

Juicebox's lessons stream is so good
There's not enough time in the world to check out all these good individual streams on top of playing the game yourself and watching tournaments and...

Banana is what makes that match remotely playable as Birdie. Without it you get blown up hard.
Can doesn't give a shit about Zangief's V-Trigger either, funnily enough. Haven't really seen what makes the match-up slanted towards one or the other here though since on paper they both seem to have enough tools to deal with each other.

I've uploaded some of the lessons I've given to youtube. Basically I play a FT5 with you then talk with you about what you lack and/or why you lost.

Here's one, there are more on my channel:

https://youtu.be/QVQoCH33Hok

It's a sub perk for now.
Have you considered uploading clips with general advice on your channel? Explanations like this one and (a little further down the line) how to routine yourself into whiff punishing via Training Mode too.

FACE

Banned
I watch desk videos for hype new tech and exploits, but if all the tech is stuff I already know it makes me not hype at all for Ken's combo tech for the future (Desk is the exploit master). I was hoping for advanced walk up combos like that Chun-li one he showed but none were to be had (or just advanced tech in general).

Either way if they gave Ken his mp juggle back (in v-trigger) and his 3 frame jab (he gets more combos with that) I would be more satisfied with his v-trigger combos.

You can still combo into st jab after st hp xx run btw.

notworksafe

And the next update for Blazblue will be announced for Japanese arcades in late April. It'll come to NA sometime next year for $60.

heres hoping a console launch date comes with it
And the next update for Blazblue will be announced for Japanese arcades in late April. It'll come to NA sometime next year for $60.
err, these arcade updates are just added arcade routes and the first one added another character, console launch is the next announcement after act 3. Probably will be $60 since central fiction isnt an update

You can still combo into st jab after st hp xx run btw.
You can only do that with a crush counter, which in that case you just do it with b.mp (because you are + 4 on hit). You can't do it of a normal st.hp like in beta 2 (because it is +3 and in beta 2 ken had 3 frame cr.lp), you can only followup st.hp xx run with a 3 frame move like lk tatsu or lp srk.

FACE

Banned
You can only do that with a crush counter, which in that case you just do it with b.mp (because you are + 4 on hit). You can't do it of a normal st.hp like in beta 2 (because it is +3 and in beta 2 ken had 3 frame cr.lp), you can only followup st.hp xx run with a 3 frame move like lk tatsu or lp srk.

It combos normally if you slightly delay the cancel into run.

Edit: I know more about Ken than you and I don't even play the character, get good son.

Beckx

I use a circlegate, so I ride that shit.

It's funny, one of my biggest execution issues is that I don't throw the stick far enough in the down direction for circle motions. It's less of an issue with single QCF motions, though if I start from a forward position I can mess them up. It crops up a ton when I do double QCFs, I just don't hit the downs accurately.

Trial mode is coming and you can already smell the struggle

From Eventhubs

So one of the first things I asked Ayano was how Trials would be different in SF5 and, more importantly, if the DLC fighters would come with their own set of Trials too.
"Fundamentally, Trials in SF5 provide the same sort of functionality as they did in SF4," Ayano said.

"However, this time around as much as possible we'd like to provide more practical combo examples in Trials."

The new focus on practical combo examples could be why each character in Street Fighter 5 only has 10 Trials, down from 24 in Ultra Street Fighter 4.

And judging from the single screenshot Capcom has released for the mode -- which shows that Ryu's #03 Trial challenge requires the player to perform a jump HP, standing MP, crouching MK into a Hadouken -- it looks like the game has also eliminated single-special-move Trials.

Will DLC fighters receive Trials?

"As for DLC character Trials... Naturally, we'd love to provide them.

"With that said, however, whether or not we'll actually be able to provide them... as the Trials mode is still currently under development, I can't promise anything yet," he said.

My heart begins to skip a beat.

"Although I can't promise you here and now that Trials for DLC characters will definitely be provided, it's something we'd very much like to include," Ayano reassures.

barebone trial mode incoming tbh

then again SF4 had some filler trials at the start with the single special attacks and doing the Super/U1/U2.. plus I don't think some characters have 20+ different combos anyway lol

Shouta

Banana is what makes that match remotely playable as Birdie. Without it you get blown up hard.

Can doesn't give a shit about Zangief's V-Trigger either, funnily enough. Haven't really seen what makes the match-up slanted towards one or the other here though since on paper they both seem to have enough tools to deal with each other.

Gief vs Birdie feels the same as Gief vs Hawk to me. Footsies battle until someone messes up then command throws everywhere. That said, that match was even or slightly in Hawk's favor so I don't see it being that different with Birdie.

Dahbomb

Trial mode is coming and you can already smell the struggle

From Eventhubs

barebone trial mode incoming tbh

then again SF4 had some filler trials at the start with the single special attacks and doing the Super/U1/U2.. plus I don't think some characters have 20+ different combos anyway lol
That seems perfectly reasonable to be honest. Only issue is the chance of no trials for DLC characters which is kinda lame.

It combos normally if you slightly delay the cancel into run.

Edit: I know more about Ken than you and I don't even play the character, get good son.
Please provide video proof of this, I don't believe it and have not seen it in any Ken combo videos. People in the Ken srk forums say it isn't possible so if it works please show it.

FACE

Banned
Please provide video proof of this, I don't believe it and have not seen it in any Ken combo videos. People in the Ken srk forums say it isn't possible so if it works please show it.

I shouldn't have trusted Spooky.

Edit: Late cancelling v-trigger cancel from st hk does allow for more combos though, Momochi was showing that on the Topanga stream the other day.

Es is the theory, not sure who u are thinking of with loli

That's the character I'm thinking of. That character was silhouetted during the teaser for act 3.

Can't say the design appeals to me, but that's all right. CF is already giving buffs to the characters I already play, and adding a new character that I'd like to play. I'm fine with not liking Little Lady Hakumen.

So last night I realized partially why I was having so much trouble being precise on the stick was due to how I was holding it. I'd put it in between my pinky and ring finger and make a fist around the ball top but that fist is just inefficient imo. What really helped, was having it in between the same fingers, but I use my thumb, index, and middle fingers to push and pull the stick. This makes for very, very precise movements and I just got done with a small Metal Slug lunch break sesh with it with that same grip, and holy fuck am I able to do things I've never been able to do in that game due to how precise my grip is.

I got used to dashing playing Xrd with this grip. All I need to work on now is figuring out how to not get random diagonals, and get more consistent execution before moving on to actual matches and get used to stick under duress.

Going to watch Shun's videos soon.

That's the character I'm thinking of. That character was silhouetted during the teaser for act 3.

Can't say the design appeals to me, but that's all right. CF is already giving buffs to the characters I already play, and adding a new character that I'd like to play. I'm fine with not liking Little Lady Hakumen.
On this note, I've been becoming more excited about CF Hakumen than Nine recently. -_-

Rhapsody

Banned
Didn't know this. This looks like a good anti-jab mashing.

It's nice since you can get them scared to allow no followup into throw eventually. Although then again, a really delayed jab when they expect to be in blockstun from the frame trap could ruin that...

Shoulder's her only non EX special that's safe on block iirc. Even with EX, only EX mujinkyaku is safe from what I remember. While minus on block, shoulder's still a pretty nice special that I expect to see more of eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom