• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

I've played it from both. It's the same as with Hawk, you want to keep Gief out because he benefits more inside than you do (more range, better damage on SPD). Birdie has more tools to keep Zangief out than a ton of chars in the game, lol. Well-placed MK or HK chains, st.mp into rush punish, cr.lk confirms into rush, command throw, etc. Then you have V-Skill and his buttons as well.

Mika has a way harder time in this match because her buttons are hella short and she has fewer methods of keeping him out.
LK/MK chains just get V-skilled by Gief. I'm not sure that's intended behavior for a hit grab, but it's how it works right now.

I was comparing Birdie's (horrible) Mika matchup to Gief here.

Es is the theory, not sure who u are thinking of with loli

This is a new character they are adding to BB?

Am I going to have to play that Xblaze game to understand why she is in now?

Shouta

LK/MK chains just get V-skilled by Gief. I'm not sure that's intended behavior for a hit grab, but it's how it works right now.

I was comparing Birdie's (horrible) Mika matchup to Gief here.

It's intended. Hit grabs are throws with a hit property so it should get soaked up by his V-Skill but you'd toss chains when they do something dumb and not at random, usually. It's not like Birdie vs a Shoto or Birdie vs Fang.

Birdie does fine against Mika unless you're straight playing awful. She's a grappler too but has worse buttons and weaker command grab range. If anything, that's a better match-up. for Birdie than Birdie vs Zangief is, lol.

The average grappler vs grappler match-up the same as it was in SF4 and a lot of folks aren't used to having to it yet.

Jesus, my progress with stick is amazing. It's like you get better with it overnight. WTF. Prefer it to pad now. I've missed a few CA punish combos which resulted in losing matches but that's nothing training mode won't fix.

Really, really happy with my purchase and it amazes me I used to be overwhelmed by stick.

Can't wait to show a recent fight. My execution is almost as good as it was on pad within two days of getting my first stick. Crazy. My execution wasn't the best on pad it's still amazing and I'm expecting to exceed my pad execution soon.

Infinite

That's the one real miss right there, should've been in from the start

waiting on that Hawlucha and Detective Pikachu DLC

hawlucha was like the one character i wanted but nigga aint in it yet. This roster also needs greninja but he chillin' in smash bros. For now I'm cool with mage fox

Shun

We wouldn't want to damage the high standards of BlazBlue plot coherency.

But every game title is relevant to plot and they all tie to the main character, Noel. Calamity Trigger refer to the beginning plots of the game and how shit comes to pass and how Noel is the cause of everything.

Continuum Shift references the time traveling and Hazama/Hakumen antics and one of the final events in the game regarding Noel, Izanami, and Mu.

Chronophantasma is actual plot device in the game and it refers to characters who is not subject to fate and characters displaced by time, Noel and Celica.

Centralfiction is a scenario in the game and also references Noel's final chapters in the story.

I mean regardless of how crazy the plot is, they do keep one thing coherent and stagnant which is the titles of each game have always tied and focused on Noel Vermillion.

I mean it really caters to people who like this kind of story.

Jesus, my progress with stick is amazing. It's like you get better with it overnight. WTF. Prefer it to pad now. I've missed a few CA punish combos which resulted in losing matches but that's nothing training mode won't fix.

Really, really happy with my purchase and it amazes me I used to be overwhelmed by stick.

Can't wait to show a recent fight. My execution is almost as good as it was on pad within two days of getting my first stick. Crazy. My execution wasn't the best on pad it's still amazing and I'm expecting to exceed my pad execution soon.

I assume advice help?

Dlent

DOA5 is apparently still getting more characters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtMtzLOjkGM&app=desktop

I wish that game had better netcode. Capcom and NRS were at the bottom of the netcode barrel(with console KOF13 in the abyss) last generation, but they're adequate now so it becomes even harder to convince people to try out poverty games when the mainstream games are playable online now.

Shun:

One thing I learned was that it's not smart or even practical to keep the same grip 100% of the time. So when I want to dash forward I change the positioning of my hand. Usually I've got thumb, index, and middle fingers on the top of ball top with my ring and pinky fingers mostly resting on the bottom of the lever. So when I want to dash, rather than stay in that same hand position, I flip my hand so it's more vertical to the joystick with no fingers wrapped around it, with the lever still between pinky and ring. Then, since my fingers are free, push the ball top to the right with my middle and index finger if I'm dashing forward, and pull it to the left with my thumb if I'm back dashing.

It's really cool who I've developed two different movements for completely different purposes, one for movement and the other for inputs, whereas with pad the entire process is mostly static.

Loving it!

I feel like there's a good amount of SF players that don't play other games (of other genres) for some reason.

That's me in a nut shell. I grew up playing games since I was a little kid but they just bore me nowadays. Not sure why, but suddenly playing games became somewhat of a chore. It was something I was forcing myself to do because it's what I've always done. And when I truly realized that, I finally gave it up.

SF4 and now SFV, is all I enjoy playing nowadays. I gave Marvel, SFxT, and Persona 4 a shot but they just didn't click with me the way SF has since I first got to try the game when my older brother borrowed his friends copy of SF2: World Warrior for the SNES back in 1992.

That's me in a nut shell. I grew up playing games since I was a little kid but they just bore me nowadays. Not sure why, but suddenly playing games became somewhat of a chore. It was something I was forcing myself to do because it's what I've always done. And when I truly realized that, I finally gave it up.

Yup.

Nightii

Banned
I used to just play one game at time for long time spans, but this was before I could afford my own games.

Nowadays? I can't imagine going back.

I just ultimately don't find most games worth playing and think it mostly one of the most vapid piece of media you can consume.

What do video games offer? Usually, very little. You can gain something of merit or expand your worldview watching the right movie/show or reading the right book. With a game that's rare, so I find them to mostly be a waste of time and money.

For me fighting games are different because they force you to critique yourself and test your ego in order to progress. You gain actual real world skill you can apply to real life playing fighting games that doesn't exist in other games. In essence, fighting games is like learning a skill, which is entirely absent from most video games.

Video games are fun, but I think media should be more than fun. So I find games a waste of time for the most part and my time is better spent doing something that is both fun and skillful, like learning an instrument or a language. Fighting games are the only game genre that I can see that provides that for me.

My answer is more than a little pretentious but at least it's honest!

Beckx

Games are weird to me nowadays. I usually don't play much besides Indie games or SF

If not for handhelds and the more "pick up and pla" Steam games i wouldnt play as much as i do. Destiny is probably the only AAA game Ive finished on console in a long while. Those games are now made for an entirely different demographic and i dont enjoy them that much anymore. I dont want to collect 100 things in Assassin's Creed anymore but i can lose hours to Darkest Dungeon and Sunless Sea.

Oh and wii u games because the system is almost portable, i finished bayo2 playing on gamepad only during times i could never be free to hang by the tv.

vocab

Fighting games can't keep my interest at all. Even though I play them casually, I just don't find them to be engaging enough to play for months on end. I'm already sick of SFV. Just much better games to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom