• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumubou

If you can't hear the buttons, you're not mashing hard enough.

It could be worse -- you could be trying to play Pop'n Music.

All sticks are loud. My semeitsu buttons clicky clack.

When these guys stream especially if they are in a quiet room and where the mic is, their sticks are loud as fuck.

I use a circlegate, so I ride that shit.

GorillaJu

I've got silent buttons on my stick right now which are fine for me but I do prefer a lever that clicks or has a bump. What lever do you guys recommend I look at? I've got a HRAP V, very easy to mod.

I preferred the feel of my TES that came with SF4 on release. That was Sanwa, right?

I'm starting to get this by playing GG's tutorial over on stick. It's interesting how this requires so much precision and delicate movements at the same time. It's really interesting. While it's easier to do minute by minute inputs on dpad there's an almost beautiful sense of precision that comes with learning stick. It's like learning an instrument. Really interesting.

Shun

So this is fine? Am I being too hard on the stick?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6p-Gy_EGvQmMmpmRk1QVlFwcWc
Watch this, sticks are loud and you will hear a ton of noise.

You just don't want to hit too hard and mash the stick so you no longer hear the clicking sound. If you can hear the clicking and the directions then it is okay, when it gets to the point where you can't hear it and cannot tell, that is the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM1IMF4Hgo0

you see how clean his inputs are when he yamasute? that is the goal.

https://youtu.be/l98g7AL8hKE

these videos teach you how to sutesute and yamasute in tekken, which can be applied to dashing in blazblue, guilty gear, etc with how they use their fingers, thumb, and palm to hit certain directions.

The reason why I use tekken as example because you are doing very similar movements and gestures for special inputs and movement in a 2D game where they use their fingers to hit 6 3 and 2 or 4 and 2 and 1, just a little faster and more precise because Tekken requires that kind of stick handling to pull off step cancelling.

I mean whatever works for you as most comfortable there is a lot of people using unique grips but for the most part having a good rest or foundation for your fingers to move is important.

You are not going to need to continually input that fast in some other games, but it is good to get a handle and get consistent where you can do it.

Dahbomb

This Desk Ken combo video has me sweating...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCwe2YUg1-k

2dd.jpg

Shun

Got one for Rachel?

Nothing recent and as easy to understand for beginners other than a bunch of not very useful combo movie. Anything older do not apply much.

There is maybe 2 but it is on nico and it is not as easy to follow and understand.

Best is to read a beginner guide or wiki and practice on your own and check twitter for JP/NA/EU players that are good or around you that may help.

Bullet and Izayoi it is basically teach myself and ask or watch twitter. That and watch nico footage of matches.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
So I'm watching NLBC SFV after not watching/following anything FG related in a while. Is the FG Weekly thread gone? Is VSAV popular now?

jbug617

Banned
So I'm watching NLBC SFV after not watching/following anything FG related in a while. Is the FG Weekly thread gone? Is VSAV popular now?

no more weekly thread, only this thread in community. There are threads when ever there is a big tournament is happening.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
this is the deranked fg weekly thread

no more weekly thread, only this thread in community. There are threads when ever there is a big tournament is happening.

And not so big. They are pretty minimalist, I'll have one up for Winter Brawl and Cannes Winter Clash tomorrow.

Oh...and VSAV?

Fake UltraDavid needs to commentate with Real UltraDavid

Holy shit, that isn't UltraDavid.

I'm sure you do them in matches all the time.

If those combos don't satisfy you, then you're playing the wrong game.
I watch desk videos for hype new tech and exploits, but if all the tech is stuff I already know it makes me not hype at all for Ken's combo tech for the future (Desk is the exploit master). I was hoping for advanced walk up combos like that Chun-li one he showed but none were to be had (or just advanced tech in general).

Either way if they gave Ken his mp juggle back (in v-trigger) and his 3 frame jab (he gets more combos with that) I would be more satisfied with his v-trigger combos.

Shun

Too bad you dropped the best girl Noel :/

I would have jumped on Izayoi earlier because Isami Imai but I cannot deal with how thirsty Tsubaki was earlier...
Thought about Makoto but I ended up not doing it and never came back.

Ended up switching over since Tsubaki is mostly over it. Plus Izayoi is much cooler. She's basically a Gundam! Slaver Trans Am!

Not like Noel is completely dead and I rewrite all that with new data. Just Bullet and Izayoi is on priority. Noel and Makoto just for fun.

Seyavesh

I'm sure you do them in matches all the time.

If those combos don't satisfy you, then you're playing the wrong game.

nah the combos are actually p. boring in both what they encapsulate tech-wise and actual execution wise which is unfortunate since desk stuff is normally like highly impractical and high execution stuff

the weird snarky statement of "and they removed all of ken's advanced combos!" like that video was full of that kinda stuff is the kicker in this case because in terms of this video for anyone who plays ken, it kinda still looks like they did haha

Daigo's twitch stream has a twitter account now?

https://twitter.com/beas_tv

edit: Help me understand. Why wouldn't he just use his normal twitter to give out information about his stream? It will have more followers and it's not like he tweets often.

Daigo updated information on this account. He's going to use this account to not only give out news, but more importantly, take feedback from the viewers to help shape his show.

You can give him feedback on the show here.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1i88j5bshb2o_8oCicp0doVue5DipfZ3VIe9nIcypl60/viewform?c=0&w=1

GorillaJu

Man I just played about 40 matches against a Bison player and lost every. single. one.

I've come to the conclusion that his forward dash and st. HK are creamy ass bullshit. I can't figure out how to get through his wall of buttons and he can dash forward straight through my normals and throw punish me. What the ffffuuuuuuuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom