• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
On this note, I've been becoming more excited about CF Hakumen than Nine recently. -_-

Do you think that perhaps once you actually play Nine, that you'll end up liking her?

I'll use an SFV example here, but when I first saw gameplay of Birdie, I thought that I wouldn't like him much. I was more excited about Mika. Once I actually played on the first PC beta, I played Birdie and ended up really liking him, and not liking Mika.

Wallach

Do you think that perhaps once you actually play Nine, that you'll end up liking her?

I'll use an SFV example here, but when I first saw gameplay of Birdie, I thought that I wouldn't like him much. I was more excited about Mika. Once I actually played on the first PC beta, I played Birdie and ended up really liking him, and not liking Mika.

That kind of happened to me with FANG. Maybe I'll pick him up more down the road but while I love his visual design and moveset, I actually am not crazy about playing him. I've had more fun playing Necalli and Zangief since the game landed. Which is definitely weird since other than some Zangief in SF2 I have mostly always played charge. I guess the limited selection of charge characters in V has me messing around with the rest of the cast more.

I totally think this is possible. I think my Nine hype has quelled down for a few reasons:
1) Most of the Nine play I see recordings of is boring. Very little innovation.
2) I am a bit sad that something like 80% of Nine's spells are for oki play instead of the neutral.
3) Hakumen is looking pretty amazing in this version.

I'm not done with her or anything, but a part of me wonders if I'll stick with Hakumen through CF.

So SF5, Pokken, and Smash 4 or Revelator? I don't know which to try for my 3rd...
Why are you set on Pokken?

IMO, Smash 4 vs. Revelator is just a question of which one you want to spent more time playing as practice for Evo. When you think of your next few months, what do you want to be Jamming with?

If that's tame, then what is this?
9GfHmGG.gif

Rhapsody

Banned
I really wanted to enter a Smash title this year, but I'm pretty washed up lol

I think I'm passing on arena seating this year? So it's possible I might just add another game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The only other known character missing in that screen is regular Mewtwo, so you be the judge.

From what I have seen, the roster does seem to offer a nice variety of styles, though.
Is this a screenshot or a capture from a video?

I mean, the game wasn't ever a looker but jesus at that IQ.

kirblar

Gief vs Birdie feels the same as Gief vs Hawk to me. Footsies battle until someone messes up then command throws everywhere. That said, that match was even or slightly in Hawk's favor so I don't see it being that different with Birdie.
Are you playing that from Gief's side? It's not a traditional grappler battle, Birdie wants to keep Gief out, Gief wants to get in. Once Gief's in though, it's the same problem as w/ Mika, he doesn't have a good way to get him off his back.

Shouta

Are you playing that from Gief's side? It's not a traditional grappler battle, Birdie wants to keep Gief out, Gief wants to get in. Once Gief's in though, it's the same problem as w/ Mika, he doesn't have a good way to get him off his back.

I've played it from both. It's the same as with Hawk, you want to keep Gief out because he benefits more inside than you do (more range, better damage on SPD). Birdie has more tools to keep Zangief out than a ton of chars in the game, lol. Well-placed MK or HK chains, st.mp into rush punish, cr.lk confirms into rush, command throw, etc. Then you have V-Skill and his buttons as well.

Mika has a way harder time in this match because her buttons are hella short and she has fewer methods of keeping him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom