• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayad

Also expect patches, if they're taking the effort to fix current bugs, they will fix what ever comes up after release.

Xevren

K&M aren't Americans am I right? There, you got your answer.
And maybe K&M value their own work and know they deserve better than 35$ an hour. And also maybe paying your own room at EVO to work at EVO is stupid and they don't want to be part of that.

They were already there and purposely didn't enter just to commentate for pools.

And maybe K&M value their own work and know they deserve better than 35$ an hour. And also maybe paying your own room at EVO to work at EVO is stupid and they don't want to be part of that.

Is that how an EVO commentator actually makes? I listened to ATP and Aris said he was paid very little that it was like working for free. But he didn't care because he did it for the prestige. Does EVO make so little that most of their staff are volunteers working for free and commentators making very little? Honest question, I don't mean that as an attack.

Tripon

I think a big part of it is that Evo will never give first timers top 8, no matter their background, if they can help it.

The only notable exception is Progducto for Melee in 2013 and they made sure that James Chen worked Melee top 8 with him despite James Chen having an elementary understanding of competitive Melee.

It's why whenever I roll my eyes a bit when I see "my guys" arguments for commentary. It's not as if your favorite commentator can't work an evo top 8, but it's going to take years to get there. There is no instant gratification going on.

I can't believe they did it again, FGC English caught this before it was fixed

Cn-fgtxVMAAtdwH.jpg
https://twitter.com/FightingGameESL/status/756498658900652032

BTW I have to say that Eita easily had the best entrance of all the players. After a confusing mix up, the way he appeared out of no where and ran down with his stick in the air with such energy and enthusiasm was great to see.

notworksafe

I think a big part of it is that Evo will never give first timers top 8, no matter their background, if they can help it.

The only notable exception is Progducto for Melee in 2013 and they made sure that James Chen worked Melee top 8 with him despite James Chen having an elementary understanding of competitive Melee.

It's why whenever I roll my eyes a bit when I see "my guys" arguments for commentary. It's not as if your favorite commentator can't work an evo top 8, but it's going to take years to get there. There is no instant gratification going on.

Pretty much. You can be as e-sports as you want to be, but in the end EVO is aiming to catch casuals (to the game), true casuals (to video games competition) and experts as well. It's very difficult to grab the attention of all of those groups at once, so sometimes changes are made to commentary or presentation.

Having a known face makes people want to stick around and watch. They can say "I don't know MKX for shit but Aris is funny, let's see what this is about". Rather than "I don't know MKX or who these people are, I'll be back for Marvel/Smash/SF/whatever".

Basically it's an extension of the general principle for all internet: It's Not All About You

JeTmAn81

Why is there talk of Marvel 3 on current gen?

It's a popular game. Lots of popular games are getting brought over. It would help keep people from having to have an extra system around. I went to play some fighting games with some actual IRL people last night and ended up bringing my PS3 on which Third Strike, USFIV, Marvel 1 and Marvel 3 were played.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Activision renewed their distribution deal for their Marvel games, that's why MUA is happening. Capcom has no deal with Marvel.

Line_HTX

Pretty much. You can be as e-sports as you want to be, but in the end EVO is aiming to catch casuals (to the game), true casuals (to video games competition) and experts as well. It's very difficult to grab the attention of all of those groups at once, so sometimes changes are made to commentary or presentation.

Having a known face makes people want to stick around and watch. They can say "I don't know MKX for shit but Aris is funny, let's see what this is about". Rather than "I don't know MKX or who these people are, I'll be back for Marvel/Smash/SF/whatever".

Basically it's an extension of the general principle for all internet: It's Not All About You

Pretty much this. They already have an established reputation and are knowledgeable about MK themselves. Gotta get the most amount of viewers tuned in on that aspect. It certainly helps me understand because I only know Aris and David and no one else.

Neoxon

Activision renewed their distribution deal for their Marvel games, that's why MUA is happening. Capcom has no deal with Marvel.
That's not to say that Capcom can't renew their distribution deal, it's just that they have yet to do so (as far as we know).

mbpm1

I think I saw it on kappa. I actually didn't know about this. Then i looked it up if people on Neogaf talked about it and sure enough. I mean I think 16 bit took it to extreme here. Should have just talked to chrisG and floe. Ask them to get off nicely.

They didn't choose to get on. EVO hired them. They can't just leave. Any problems would go to EVO staff

People were talking about similar bodytypes in SFV, I don't know, but I find Chunli twice as big compared to Ibuki when I look at this :

1469147540145.jpg

can you make them closer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

notworksafe

Everyone super hype for Marvel. If it even shows up, how long before everyone here quits it and goes back to theorycrafting and writing retarded fake patch notes again? 1 month? Less?

JeTmAn81

Everyone super hype for Marvel. If it even shows up, how long before everyone here quits it and goes back to theorycrafting and writing retarded fake patch notes again? 1 month? Less?

For myself? At least five years. That's how long I've been actively playing Marvel 3 anyway. Jeez, I wish I was better at it by this point. I still drop so many combos.

NEO0MJ

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210974694]It's Marvel, it'll be 2 days before those are features.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they'll be the wrong features.

Neoxon

I'd be up for an enhanced Marvel 3 or a Marvel 4 that recycled all assets from 3.
I'm not sure if they'd recycle all of the assets from UMvC3 if MvC4 were to happen in the near future. And that's not factoring in the likelihood of Marvel wanting Capcom to make the characters look more like their MCU counterparts. At that point, Capcom might as well start from scratch, again.

But seriously, you guys are getting your hopes up for nothing (& this is me saying this). If we're gonna hear anything MvC-related, it'll be next year at the absolute earliest. The way Marvel worded their response towards more MvC sounded like nothing was in the works at that time.

notworksafe

The panel is tomorrow.

Better tell Capcom. They have it listed on Unity as being yesterday.
World of Capcom Panel
Thursday, July 21st, 5PM to 6 PM, Room 7AB
Calling all Capcom fans! This panel is packed with Capcom team members to present the company's latest and greatest video games. Capcom has been knocking out fan favorites and timeless classics for over three decades, and this panel is the place for fans of all ages to check out the new games they can look forward to.

lol Marvel Games aka Smartphone titles.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Better tell Capcom. They have it listed on Unity as being yesterday.
World of Capcom panels haven't been shit for a while.

Marvel Games has a bigger presence than ever with Bill Rosemann in the driver seat, I'd expect it at the panel racketpunch linked before even a Capcom-specific panel TBH.

EDIT: And seems like you missed news of their new direction.

notworksafe

Their new direction aka doubling down on smartphone titles and making one Spiderman game. I'm sure this is bound to be epic news and not a rehash of the same trailer and info from E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom