• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

https://twitter.com/ampm/status/756172031482142720

Cn5ygMdUkAAsjTb.jpg

Well, uh... gotta make money any way you can?
How do I use Snapchat filters, again?

Neoxon

And still a junior SMH. Go sit in the corner with Dahbomb.
NX hype overdose is the reason for my Junior status (and also why I play things cautious in terms of hype, now). I could PM a mod by now (it's been over 6 months), but I don't feel like I'm missing out on much beyond voting in Poll Threads, so I'm willing to wait it out for a while longer.

Neoxon

He was talking about Neoxon getting his thread creation privileges nuked from orbit for the betterment of all.
Like I said, I could ask for Member status back if I wanted to (it's been over 6 months), but I'm not missing out on much.

If you have a problem with me, block me. But then again, I suppose half of this thread would have me blocked in that case. Either that or we can work things out over PMs. This is a FGC-Thread, not a Roast-Neoxon thread.

Dahbomb

Does Marvel 3 really play like TvC? Also if Marvel 3 came out, would TvC likely have caught on?
They have similarities but they play different enough. Marvel 3 is faster paced, more focus on air play and more focus on assists/DHCs and other team mechanics. TvC is more ground based despite everyone having an air dash, is 2v2 and the assists are on longer cooldowns. They both have their controversial mechanics though nothing in either game is as bad as TACs in Marvel 3.

You mean if Marvel 3 did NOT come out then TvC would've caught on? Maybe but even in its prime it wasn't a big draw.

Neoxon

Marvel and Fox on good terms? What universe is this?
The recent TV deal was just a revision of the deal that happened last year (Legion is still happening, & they replaced Hellfire with another show). Ike Perlmutter supposedly still has beef against Fox, but Kevin Feige (who got Marvel Studios to break away from the Perlmutter-controlled Marvel Entertainment) has been trying to improve Marvel-Fox relations. Judging by the Marvel MOBA, said relations have yet to be fully repaired, but progress is progress. And even then, remasters & ports of older Marvel games seem to be safe.

Of course, if Marvel Studios & Fox do a Sony-esque deal for the Fantastic Four, Perlmutter will be forced to hold that L. But until that day comes, baby steps are all we can expect in terms of Marvel Entertainment (or to be more specific, Ike Perlmutter) relenting on the Fox hate.

Neoxon

I don't understand how a company who's made so many fighting games can still be so shitty at character models.
I'm assuming you mean NRS. And going with that assumption (& as stated in the WW/BB thread), I2 Blue Beetle looks like if Black Beetle took Jaime's scarab.

Tripon

Why's everyone getting hyped? Does vulva have a source or did he find some potentially-creditable rumor from elsewhere (I recall asking this during the SFV pre-release hype, but never got a straight answer)?
This is rich coming from you.

Neoxon

This is rich coming from you.
Somehow, I expected you to respond (especially since you seemed to have bottled up a ton of anamosity towards me over the months, or years). I said from the start that everything I've said was based on research, not insider info, in hopes of trying to raise awareness to improve the current situation going forward. I gave you a straight answer, but I have yet to receive one from vulva for whatever reason.

Tripon

Somehow, I expected you to respond (especially since you seemed to have bottled up a ton of anamosity towards me over the months, or years). I said from the start that everything I've said was based on research, not insider info, in hopes of trying to raise awareness to improve the current situation going forward. I gave you a straight answer, but I have yet to receive one from vulva for whatever reason.

First off, why should anybody tell you anything when you pull shit shit?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142560922&postcount=50

Second off, research is based on facts, not speculation presented as such. I'll be frank, your analysis of the situation is poor and that you continue to push it despite to have no actual information on the relationship of Marvel internal, let alone of their relationship between 3rd party companies just shows that you rather create and maintain a narrative than actually trying to see if your narrative is true or not.

BTW, you keep on saying "Not allowing this bullshit to happen". In what position are you in to affect whatever you think is happening? And I haven't seen you do shit. I haven't even seen a fucking internet petition from you.

You're right on one thing though, I should stop pretending I'm okay with your antics and should say that you need to stop when you're clearly off the rails. I'll do that one.

You sure that's something that you should be saying out loud on GAF?

I stopped using this forum for a while and when I came back I couldn't remember my password and went back to lurking until I finally made another account again in 2006. Go ahead and look for any dirt on me if you want. I barely posted back then. Before SF4 came out in 2009 I think I was averaging 1.5 to 2 post per day. So the fighting game talk has made me more active.

I've been here since the days when it was the 'Gaming Age Forums'.

Fuck I'm old.

Same here, I started lurking back in 2001 because the old version of this forum had all the sales data. It was pretty cool back then because that's when so many huge titles came out like DMC, MGS2, GTA3, Halo, and so on.

Neoxon

I stopped using this forum for a while and when I came back I couldn't remember my password and went back to lurking until I finally made another account again in 2006.

Same here, I started lurking back in 2001 because the old version of this forum had all the sales data. It was pretty cool back then because that's when so many huge titles came out like DMC, MGS2, GTA3, Halo, and so on.
That makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom