• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

eSports arena going to be too small if SCR sees any growth in attendance like every other major has.

Also, the hotel option isn't great. I think I rather drive from my parents place in Torrance or my friends place in Long Beach or Irvine.
E-Sports Arena as the venue?

This sounds like a disaster in the making.

Dahbomb

I still want to know why vulva mentioned ps4. Nothing about Bornfree's tweet alluded to any console.

Is there something else perhaps?
What if I told you....

That Bornfree and Vulva are the same person.

1408.gif

eSports arena going to be too small if SCR sees any growth in attendance like every other major has.

I've never been there, but it does look pretty roomy. Just not "Major" roomy. I'm sure Valle knows what he's doing. But I'm going to assume he doesn't expect or want 1,000+ players like other "Majors" have gotten, for now anyways.

kirblar

I've never been there, but it does look pretty roomy. Just not "Major" roomy. I'm sure Valle knows what he's doing. But I'm going to assume he doesn't expect or want 1,000+ players like other "Majors" have gotten, for now anyways.
I assume they're praying that people got the bug out of their system w/ EVO.

vulva

I've been there twice now. It's really not that roomy. It's great for a weekly, a bit excessive even, but for a major that could be a tight squeeze.

Not having Marvel sounds like improved quality
qEWfLqO.gif

You dirty lil.....

But I suppose it's only a matter of time before it drops off the map. Oh, well. I wonder if EVO will have both MKX and Injustice 2 in the lineup. The only games I'll watch at SCR is SF and KOF, so that's not so bad.

Dahbomb

No Marvel at SCR is disappointing, that's actually the region with some of the more promising new talent (like Priest and RyanLV).

This could be a sign that there may be no Marvel at EVO next year. If so then it may FINALLY be time to pour one out.

Hopefully a new VS game will be announced by then. If there's no Marvel at EVO, I'd feel better knowing there was something on the horizon. I already know Darkstalkers ain't happening.

I have a strong feeling that SFV is going to be The fighter for Capcom for a good while, so they might not even announce a new fighting game in 2017. It'd take away the focus from SF and there's also the issue with production. Niitsuma isn't even in the fighting game division anymore and Neo G is with SNK. Either way, it'll be interesting seeing both Smash games in the lineup along with MKX and Injustice 2. I kinda don't see Pokken and KI returning to the lineup next yr.

Line_HTX

So that Ultimate Marvel vs.Capcom 3 was a whole lot of nothing as predicted, correct?

So much for top players losing their shit, ROFL

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Aris and Tom Brady would've been the funniest MK commentary. Aris commentating anything with anyone would be funny.

We all know it's just going to be a Galactus reveal in Contest of Champions.

If there's nothing announced about fighting games, it'd be nice to see them revisit the Alliance series.

MrDaravon

SCR venue seems way too small, even if they're going to be making full use of the space. I see this ending poorly but we'll find out I guess.

Also any time someone says Capcom is the worst I'm just going to link them to this Sonic 25th anniversary livestream.

Dahbomb

Sega and Konami are in their own tier of badness. Capcom just disappoints, these other two companies just do not give a fudge.

Dahbomb

The bet was never about Marvel 4. Just Marvel 3 being on current gen (PS4/PC/Bone).
There's no talk about ports in your bet post, it just says Marvel 3 news.

So if they announced a random bug patch to previous versions of the game, you woukd still lose because it's new stuff related to the game.

If there's no Marvel 3 news announced by the end of the year (December 31, 11:59pm US Pacific Time), then I win and you wear an avatar of my choice for 2 months. Or $100. Whatever. I'm gonna win either way. :p

Receipts in question so there's no going back and editing of posts.

There's no talk about ports in your bet post, it just says Marvel 3 news.

So if they announced a random bug patch to previous versions of the game, you woukd still lose because it's new stuff related to the game.

Receipts in question so there's no going back and editing of posts.

I know English is like, your 5th language or some shit, but the bet was specifically about Marvel 3, not Marvel 4. Learn to read.

Dahbomb

I know English is like, your 5th language or some shit, but the bet was specifically about Marvel 3, not Marvel 4. Learn to read.
Then English must be your 10th language (or failed it in school) because I specifically stated that Zissou would lose if Marvel 4 is announced and no news on Marvel 3 is released.

I am talking about if there is Marvel 3 related news that isn't port related, then you would lose as your post does not specify it's about ports only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom