• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
From the Steam thread:

header.jpg

Cn_7S3dXEAA1Lxq.jpg

.la1n

I think she looks pretty good in some parts of the trailer while (obviously) some of the choice screen captures look awful. Assuming they take things like this to heart I can see improvements being made. I thought Kitana and Cassie turned out pretty great in MK X after some tweaks so don't see why the same wouldn't happen here.

Like I said in the official thread, the bar has been set so low by all the developers recently I don't expect much to be happy. Arcsys and Team Ninja are the only two that have probably had the most consistently well made character models. With the advent of 3D models and trying to get products out ASAP at publisher's whims it seems that a lot of the attention to detail we used to see with 2D character art has been put on the back burner.

Most of the retro models from season one KI and Ken's hideous alternate disaster immediately come to mind. Complete and utter garbage that would have been left on the cutting room floor if anyone gave half a crap what was getting pushed into the games.

As someone who was around for the UMVC3X, the mysterious balance patch in the works, and many other rumors, I need to stop falling for this.

I just want a new VS game so bad right now.

I-hate-u

I still want to know why vulva mentioned ps4. Nothing about Bornfree's tweet alluded to any console.

Is there something else perhaps?

Tripon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom