• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am talking about if there is Marvel 3 related news that isn't port related, then you would lose as your post does not specify it's about ports only.

"If there's no Marvel 3 news announced by the end of the year" means anything, that's why I wrote it.

And why do you fucking care so much? You're not even involved with the bet. Sit down.

Lemstar

LBYBXvV.gif

pizzacat

Banned
if capcom can't get the rights to marvel vs capcom 4 then they should definitely do a street fighter Vs Capcom.
I don't see why they can't make another CFJ, with some dumb power stone characters, ryu, Ken, chun, nash, re characters, and put the pants on in terms of mh and get a character from there so it could sell for like 20 years

Dahbomb

I don't see why they can't make another CFJ, with some dumb power stone characters, ryu, Ken, chun, nash, re characters, and put the pants on in terms of mh and get a character from there so it could sell for like 20 years
Because it makes too much sense.

shaowebb

All I can say is if any form of Marvel port with updates, or sequel vs title or new fighting game of quality is announced that it will make for a FANTASTIC EVO because we would have both a new DC title and a new Marvel title there. Its pretty much a win for everyone who loves comics and videogames the year such a thing happens. Both sides and both new.

notworksafe

There's some SC6 rumor going around?

Strange that they would unveil it at ComicCon and not at EVO.

They didn't reveal shit. Namco said they'd be celebrating SC's 20th anniversary with posts on their Facebook. womp womp

Also vulva is born free but he isn't Bornfree

Tripon

The distance between Norcal and SoCal is roughly the same distance between Final Round and CEO, and nobody is suggesting combining those two tournaments or asking them to rotate their premier spots in CPT.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The distance between Norcal and SoCal is roughly the same distance between Final Round and CEO, and nobody is suggesting combining those two tournaments or asking them to rotate their premier spots in CPT.

The California tournaments are still closer together, people did suggest that CB is more worthy than FR after FR ran into problems this year, and FR & CEO are still bigger tournaments than either of the California tournaments at this point anyway.

I-hate-u

Why would they downsize? SCR is the second last North American Premiere before Capcom Cup, and the last premiere in US. I would expect they will have a lot of registrants this year.

Nuu

Banned
Combo Breaker had a lot of entrants for all games. SFV received so many entrants they had to up their limit to 640. This is more than CEO I believed. Kind of silly that it isn't Pro Tour, especially with so many big names already there like JWong, Flash, and FChamp.

kirblar

Both are an issue. They're tripling up on WC qualifiers (NCR/SCR/EVO) and doubling up on SE ones (FR/CEO) while the midwest/heartland areas get zero and the Northeast's tournament is in Canada.

CurlyW

Combo Breaker had a lot of entrants for all games. SFV received so many entrants they had to up their limit to 640. This is more than CEO I believed. Kind of silly that it isn't Pro Tour, especially with so many big names already there like JWong, Flash, and FChamp.

CEO had more, 837. Combo Breaker had the 4th-most entrants of any US CPT tournament so far though, behind EVO, FR, and CEO, and ahead of NCR.

And it was on the Pro Tour, just not a Premier event.

Tripon

The California tournaments are still closer together, people did suggest that CB is more worthy than FR after FR ran into problems this year, and FR & CEO are still bigger tournaments than either of the California tournaments at this point anyway.

I'll be fine with SCR losing their Premier tag but it should be on their own merits, not because of some 'distance' venue issue that nobody else seems to bring up. SCR is planning for a 1,024 SFV tournament, and high entries for both Melee and Smash 4. All three scenes are very active, with Smash 4 in particular able to draw 400+ entries to that exact location at the eSports arena with KTAR which is happening either this weekend or next weekend. Also important to note is that there isn't a big regional Smash tournament in the area for a while, with Kings of Cali (Melee) or Paragon L.A. (all of the Smash games) not being held this year. Genesis 3 in San Jose was the only large Smash tournament this year and that was back in January. There is the Big House IV which is the next Smash major happening the previous weekend, but that is in Mich. If Valle was able to coordinate with the Smash 4 and Melee communities to coming to SCR, I think they will be okay on entrants.

That said, I'm skeptical if that is the plan, and I will be okay with SCR losing their spot next year if they can't draw people in.

My personal feelings is that with the creation of the regional CPT Finals spots for Latin America, Europe, Asia, and North America, one of the Premier spots in either Europe, or Latin America should be given to Combo Breaker instead because Capcom has been trying to force and foster a scene that isn't there yet like you would expect out of a CPT Premier tag.

After SCR is over, we might be talking about entries numbers similar to FR and CEO, which would mean the eSports arena is still too small. Which is a whole another issue. I don't know why he's not hosting this at a ballroom or at UCI again.

Both are an issue. They're tripling up on WC qualifiers (NCR/SCR/EVO) and doubling up on SE ones (FR/CEO) while the midwest/heartland areas get zero and the Northeast's tournament is in Canada.

EVO is a global tournament. I'd be more annoyed at Red Bull and Capcom putting the CPT NA Finals in Seattle this year when they could have put that in Chicago, or another major city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom