• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
After SCR is over, we might be talking about entries numbers similar to FR and CEO, which would mean the eSports arena is still too small. Which is a whole another issue. I don't know why he's not hosting this at a ballroom or at UCI again.

I think UCI had some new policy that made hosting majors not possible. Not being able to reserve the ballroom for multiple days? I can't remember.

Haven't heard much news from that esl open tournament. Think the fgc should promote it more so it can be a success. There is a lot of money up for grabs.

...o shit, marvel?

when is the marvel panel going on today, in one hour correct?

You were at Evo? A Raven player right (or maybe a faust, though I think that was someone else)? You were in my pool. Master Milk was watching me get bopped since I didn't practice the game. I was unsure if you were a gaffer since I thought Chavelo was a hispanic name which might have been common.

Neoxon

...o shit, marvel?

when is the marvel panel going on today, in one hour correct?
Not sure about the Marvel Games panel, but that sounds about right. At most I'm expecting a reveal for whatever Telltale is working on for Marvel, which I'm starting to believe is Guardians of the Galaxy (which would make sense, given that GotG Vol. 2 is out next year in theaters), but Jessica Jones or Daredevil would be my 2nd & 3rd guesses. Well, that & some more details on Insomnia's Spider-Man game.

While I would love a UMvC3 port for PS4, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Line_HTX

The guy who was working on the balancing was no longer with Capcom and currently on the KOF 14 team, right? That alone should be reason to completely rule out any notion of Marvel 4.

Buzzkilling is hard sometimes, lol

Chavelo

You were at Evo? A Raven player right (or maybe a faust, though I think that was someone else)? You were in my pool. Master Milk was watching me get bopped since I didn't practice the game. I was unsure if you were a gaffer since I thought Chavelo was a hispanic name which might have been common.

lol yeh! that Raven was me, went 1-2 on a game I've been trying to learn. ended up doing better in Xrd than Marvel this year... :x

Not sure about the Marvel Games panel, but that sounds about right. At most I'm expecting a reveal for whatever Telltale is working on for Marvel, which I'm starting to believe is Guardians of the Galaxy (which would make sense, given that GotG Vol. 2 is out next year in theaters), but Jessica Jones or Daredevil would be my 2nd & 3rd guesses. Well, that & some more details on Insomnia's Spider-Man game.

While I would love a UMvC3 port for PS4, I'm not getting my hopes up.

yeh, no need to get hype or whatever... /sweats

(thanks for the info!)

Dahbomb

The guy who was working on the balancing was no longer with Capcom and currently on the KOF 14 team, right? That alone should be reason to completely rule out any notion of Marvel 4.

Yeah Neo_G is at SNK now which is another huge loss for Capcom.

Capcom only has Itsuno left as their best director... and he's working on DMC5. Capcom's fighting game division is looking hella slim.

Neo_G worked on all of the VS games, Darkstalkers, and many of Capcom's fighting games pre Street Fighter 4.

If his absence rules out a Marvel 4, then you could say it rules out the majority of Capcom fighting games not named SF. I'd say Niitsuma no longer being the fighting game division is more of an indication of no VS games for the time being.

They can barely get SFV off the ground despite 70% of the development team being Capcom Japan, in what world could they get a second fighting game going alongside it lol

Neoxon

They can barely get SFV off the ground despite 70% of the development team being Capcom Japan, in what world could they get a second fighting game going alongside it lol
Sony only sped up the process. SFV would have been on track for a 2018 release without Sony's help.

Line_HTX

I can't tell who's serious and who's being sarcastic about believing in new Marvel news anymore

Was anyone ever serious?

Some people were legitimately freaking out for no reason. It's really illogical to expect this to actually be a real thing.

Neo_G worked on all of the VS games, Darkstalkers, and many of Capcom's fighting games pre Street Fighter 4.

If his absence rules out a Marvel 4, then you could say it rules out the majority of Capcom fighting games not named SF. I'd say Niitsuma no longer being the fighting game division is more of an indication of no VS games for the time being.

That's right, I forgot that Niitsuma no longer works there. All the more reason to make Flux and others hold that, lmao

notworksafe

giphy.gif

''BREAKING NEWS: NWS can have that seat. Back to you Benny''

Marvel fans lol. Max lol. NeoGAF lol.

tumblr_nww0g9Ct1D1t0ik4co1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom