• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get these guys. Maybe I am older and from the arcade, but anybody calling next on a machine/set-up is totally cool, no matter their skill level and that's ingrained in me. If they suck, they will just lose quickly, and maybe move to another set-up with more level competition on their level.

On the flip, maybe I can understand people are busy (maybe). Maybe warm up somewhere else not open to anybody else.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Smashers stay losing. If you want practice time go back to your rooms

That self entitled dumbfuckery is what led to some of the issues at Evo on the first day from the stuff I've heard

Nightii

Banned
Does Floe straight up work for Twitch already or what? Does the CPT staff just like him that much to let him be there always?

Not complaining though.

Kumubou

I know I felt rather sheepish when I starting out and playing with some top (and even not-so-top) players and I remember asking them why they bothered playing with someone who was significantly worse. And almost to a man (for both American and Japanese players), the answer I would get back is they wanted to play games, that they knew that people (even dirty John Randos and Johnny Donuts) would get better from playing better players and that they could learn from playing people who were not as good.

So if it's a total waste of time for Smash players to play dirty randos, honestly, that's on them.

There's value in playing everyone but I can see their perspective. At a tournament I'd rather play someone my level I don't get to play often than a low level guy. That's what illuminati hotel room setups are for though.

Line_HTX

I love how those people are so factually wrong that they refuse to look at reality.

Every one of them that sides with the OP do not have fundamental understanding and just seek to tear the franchise down.

Tripon

I love how those people are so factually wrong that they refuse to look at reality.

Every one of them that sides with the OP do not have fundamental understanding and just seek to tear the franchise down.
The one guy who says the series is dead competitively is one of he weirdest posts I read in a while.

Nightii

Banned

It's not really a matter of facts, just gotta throw out how much more mature and classy you are than the dirty fans that "drag down" these series.

pizzacat

Banned

No what capcom DOESNT UNDERSTAND is that WE need arcade mode

Line_HTX

It's not really a matter of facts, just gotta throw out how much more mature and classy you are than the dirty fans that "drag down" these series.

I know, right?

Scrubs stay losing while Harada and the tournament scene keep growing. I'm content that the fighter I spent the most time with has a lot of upside. Not letting a few suckers getting me down because the hype is there as bright as day.

Rhapsody

Banned
To be fair it seems like he's not the one running this, unless that's been shown elsewhere that I missed.

But yeah LOL. I didn't pay a ton of attention to the follow-up on this, but the ban was NA organizers only?

He deleted the tweet, I didn't grab a screencap of iit either though.

Basically was along the lines of, thanks EU community for setting this up. VGBC dropped me, so travelling means I'm starting at 0. For the people that don't like me, please no toxic comments, thanks c:

Something like that lol. Dude didn't learn his lesson. His ban was only in Smash for North America, so he (and some of EU) figured it'd be fine to have him go to Europe

Tripon

CoVYrNhXYAAmkZp.jpg

https://twitter.com/bambamguitar/status/758109619868856320

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom