• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelish

CoVYrNhXYAAmkZp.jpg

https://twitter.com/bambamguitar/status/758109619868856320

more than a 50/50

If you go to a tournament but you don't have the guts to play people better than you you don't count as part of the community. Why would you even waste the time showing up.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Honestly, the issue now is that every top American player is stuck working a 9-5 while the elite Asian players are spending 10+ hours a day playing, practicing and studying matches. That's going to be a tough difference to make up.

Nemo works a fulltime Salaryman job, looks after his sick father, didn't even own the game until a month ago, and still got top 8.

Fuudo owns/runs a bar

If anything you got it backwards, more of the Japanese top players have fulltime jobs than Americans

Westlo

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";211464546]I don't think the difference in talent is that huge, but more of the top Japanese players play together more often. A lot of that is a geographical thing, but having something like we used to have with FGTV would go a long way.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I mean look how much Momochi leveled up once he moved to Tokyo from Nagoya midway through 2014, he traded Kindevu and RF (they were a SBO winning team) as sparring partners for Daigo, Tokido, Mago, Bonchan etc and went on an absolute tear throughout Ultra....

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
oneida must be asleep if he's not preaching the gospel of Virtua Fighter in that thread

I was asleep but at this point eh, if no one's going to bother making the game available to people then why should I bother recommending it anymore.

BadWolf

This makes me wonder if Tokido will pick up KoF seriously again if SNK put enough money on the line for their CPT equivalent.

If money was a factor then he would have been playing T7 already.

He has been doing much better in SF since he stopped playing other fighters.

Topanga Charity Cup teams:

1. Mago Wao Sabohani yhc-Mochi Ikki

2. Momochi Haku Johnny Yamaguchi Choco

3. Kachitagari team (with Misse and a 5th)

Sayad

If money was a factor then he would have been playing T7 already.

To be fair, he has been doing much better in SF since he stopped playing other fighters.
For Tekken, he was never at the top, he only did well when there was a lack of top Tekken players, which is not the case with KoF where he has a legit shot.

mbpm1

Nemo works a fulltime Salaryman job, looks after his sick father, didn't even own the game until a month ago, and still got top 8.

Fuudo owns/runs a bar

If anything you got it backwards, more of the Japanese top players have fulltime jobs than Americans

Fuudo actually has a bar? In the latest BeastTV he mentioned he still wanted to open one I thought

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
For those interested on stream and event production:
Chris Ceglia, the dude who produced EVO is doing an AMA LINK

notworksafe

EU Smash tourney issued a statement about the Hyuga thing. Basically saying "sorry we got caught". This paragraph in specific is eyeroll inducing

On the other side of things, we were not consulted regarding the "ban statement" people refer to. Though no doubt born out of good intentions, it was generally considered as hasty and as it stands, Hyuga is not formally banned in Europe or, depending on how you view the legitimacy of the ban, anywhere. It is up to the individual TOs to make the call. We also believe the Smash scene is no substitute for law enforcement.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1souk8e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom