• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Don't take it the wrong way btw Anne, i enjoy reading your stories ! But i feel like some top US players are using the 8f excuse way too much (Especially when they lose)

Sort of agree? I don't personally play the game anymore because the 8f delay feels like garbage. Not an excuse, I know I'm not good at it cause I don't play it, but is the reason why I'm not interested in getting better at it.

I'd rather not hear people say "I lost because 8f", but it is fair to point out what problems it causes and to say that it's hard to deal with.

I'm also of the opinion Capcom has a lot to answer to on this one, which is why I'm more than cool with my story being everywhere haha

I didn't take anything the wrong way from you actually, I get why it got posted. I'm just giggling because I'm not a fan of Winnerstayson and he's just helping me out.

shaowebb

Seems like Aris really loves his female derogatory insults. I never noticed it before but he does yell out "bitch" a lot on his stream.

I have no respect for him. He's an entertainer and a decent player and all that whoopdedoo but he said all the sexist bullshit during Cross Assault, and every time I've ever seen him with a female commentator nearby, even trans, the guy goes full creeper mode plus all the stuff you said.

I dont respect that sorta stuff and he typically has me putting things on mute or turning off the stream. It really bugs me NRS games keep getting stuck with him for their announcer. Dude just straight up makes up names for moves too. Its not a rainbow drop or a damned dolphin kick dude. You're not helping new players with that shit.

Kumubou

Saying that you lost due to eight frames of delay is a cop-out, but that much input lag should not exist in a fighting game, period. The only modern fighting games that even come close to that otherwise are Namco's fighters (like TTT2/T7 and Pokken), and it's less of an issue in those games due to the mechanics and frame data... and at least they're doing something with it. SF5 pissing away three frames of input delay due to its vsync implementation is a joke.

For anyone that owns the Steam versions of MBCC or UNIEL, try playing with the in-game v-sync enabled and tell me how fun that is.
It blows.

Riposte

I don't like how irresponsible the EU tournament organizers are being by not (at least) respecting the US TO decision, but I also dislike the calls for things to become more centralized with more consolidated power to make up for this sort of failing. All things considered, it isn't really necessary to begin with.

P.S. Aris is great.

Would you prefer dick, motherfucker or bastard?

Who's mother?

pixelish

dude infamous for marking up a pharmaceutical drug from $13 to $750 is trying to be the next fgc celebrity

Martin Shkreli ‏@MartinShkreli 9m
training up in street fighter too. i aint diego or @LupeFiasco but imma try

lol old Mike Ross videos.

kjhlkjtosu6.png

'09 sure was different

.la1n

I think you'd be hard pressed to find any players from the 90s, early 00s that haven't done or said embarrassing stupid stuff. Myself included.

Kumubou

Just go look up old pre-YouTube videos from places like Keystone II or Team Sp00ky and you'll see what today be considered barbaric slaughter of e-sports left and right. Or, hell, any MvC2 footage ever. People do change over time, and that's about as good evidence of that as anything.

dude infamous for marking up a pharmaceutical drug from $13 to $750 is trying to be the next fgc celebrity
He must be aware of how poverty the FGC is, right? And he also owns (owned?) a LoL team as it is. His bankster ass doesn't have time to be playing fight games with dirty plebs.

Riposte

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";211643925]I'm a player from the 90s and I said the most embarrassing thing in the history of GAF so there you go.[/QUOTE]

The only timeless GAF meme. Everything else has an expiration date of three Sony threads.

I haven't checked out KoF threads, so please tell me, have people shit up the place with the typical "this doesn't look/feel like a real *insert franchise* design? I always love those.

Hasn't happened here in a while, you'll most likely see it on SRK though.

The funny thing is when you got people calling Shun'Ei "anime instead of a real shonen hero like Kyo" or talking about how Kyo is too much of a "pretty boy" as opposed to when he used to be a badass

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

mbpm1

Tripon

Tournament thread this weekend:

So far, I have Defend the North (CPT ranking event), Sonic Boom (CPT ranking event), The NA Online CPT ranking event, Vanguard (Redbull Proving Ground), and whatever else is going on. If you want a tournament highlighted, please post it here in the thread or PM me.

N4Us

Just go look up old pre-YouTube videos from places like Keystone II or Team Sp00ky and you'll see what today be considered barbaric slaughter of e-sports left and right.

I was at one of the last Keystone events they did, back in 2012 I think. I just remember by the time Marvel was on two commentators (I'll leave them nameless just in case) got so shitfaced drunk that they were saying the wildest, most unfiltered shit I think I'd ever heard them say.

It was apparently so bad that the next day the replay was completely wiped from IPW's Twitch channel. They never even reuploaded it after that. Bums me out cause our team won KOF that day, haha.

AAK

Tournament thread this weekend:

So far, I have Defend the North (CPT ranking event), Sonic Boom (CPT ranking event), The NA Online CPT ranking event, Vanguard (Redbull Proving Ground), and whatever else is going on. If you want a tournament highlighted, please post it here in the thread or PM me.

VSL Tekken tournament

July 30 at 2 pm Korean Time / July 31st 1 AM EST

https://www.twitch.tv/vsl_thefist

Dahbomb

Kyle went on full Marvel conspiracy theory in that Marvel Live podcast LMAO!

"5 years ago Ultimate Marvel was unveiled in SDCC exactly at 11 AM.. same as this year! Maximillian dropped his Assist Me teaser right before too! MARVEL 4 CONFIRMED BOYS!!!!"

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks.

Chris G's livelihood just seems a lot better after that. Now he doesn't have to live the rest of his life wondering if he'll ever win Marvel at EVO.

Dahbomb

ChrisG: "Marvel 3 is like 65-70% figured out... SFV is 100% figured out."

Another choice quote "It doesn't matter if Marvel 4 is good or not... we'll make it good like we always have."

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
To be honest. A SF and a Marvel game should always be around. I've had so many random people who doesn't really follow the FGC tell me they only tune in because of Marvel.

Dahbomb

Oh man ChrisG talking about this conversation with the ghost of Marvel 2.

Ghost of Marvel 2: "You're not done, you can't leave.. you have to fight the true champion!"

Dude had actually plugged in his controller into the 360.

ChrisG should play him in an exhibition match using his Ryu/Wesker/Hawkeye team.

Ghost of Marvel 2 plays Tron/Hawkeye/Iron Man by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom