• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

Smash deserves the spotlight. Know your place, anime peasants.

Though more seriously, didn't Pokken get a lot of hate for how long it ran during EVO?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
What irritates me the most when it comes to Smash is how much they complain even when they're already receiving special treatment compared to other games. They're like a rich, spoiled, only child who never had to learn how to share.

Anne

In all honesty, I'm more than ready for smash and the FGC to split, but I know there are reasons why it isn't happening yet. We pretty much all know why it hasn't happened yet.

pixelish

tbh i'm enjoying the banter between both communities like this one

Snp9WsN.png

shaowebb

Finally, moved into the new house. Tuned in to find out folks are finding that if you crouch shortly after blocking something standing that your hurtboxes transfer from standing to crouching for a moment in KOF 14 leading to some overhead situations with correct timing.
Good times :)
I'm gonna high low pressure like mad with K' short hop kicks anyhow but this is gonna make it even nastier for folks now. Unless Kukri really delivers my day 1 team will likely be Meitenkun/Mui Mui/K' after hearing I could practice this.

EDIT: Also shoutouts to Tizoc for thowing some good shmuppin into the above post with that Darius stream footage. Darius Burst Chronicle Saviors has had me recently lookign back at the old Darius titles. Good to see some streams of one.

Line_HTX

Smash deserves the spotlight. Know your place, anime peasants.

Though more seriously, didn't Pokken get a lot of hate for how long it ran during EVO?

tumblr_nzbeuqZ7Wu1uvokdeo1_500.gif

I don't remember if Pokken got a ton of flak for having the longest Top 8. I think a lot of people were focused on other games going on at the same time to care.

notworksafe

There were comments in the crowd about how long Pokken was going but no one was actively booing or chanting the name of another game. People just waited until it was over and occupied their time watching Marvel or SFV.

You know, exercising patience. Like an adult would do.

Tripon

There were comments in the crowd about how long Pokken was going but no one was actively booing or chanting the name of another game. People just waited until it was over and occupied their time watching Marvel or SFV.

You know, exercising patience. Like an adult would do.

Pretty much. I was watching the SFV in house feed standing inbetween SFV and Pokken. Outside of noticing how long the game seem to be taking and the long pauses between each match, I didn't see any hostility from the crowd.

Killer Instinct was supposed to be after Pokken, and it didn't seem the KI guys were that mad either about waiting. I'm sure they were annoyed about the delay, but when they got up on stage, it seemed okay.

persona top 8 had a ton of people bitching in the crowd that it was on the main screen instead of SFIV pools in 2015

Assholes bitch about most games that arent theirs, melee kids are just the loudest, and most obnoxious

Line_HTX

Mmkay... It appears that there wasn't any bitching from the Smash 4 crowd as the Tekken 7 ceremony happened. To be honest, I'm sort of happy only Top 3 is best of 5 and finishes relatively quickly, lol

Naar

I just finished uploading an interview I did with a bunch of people including James Chen, Ultra David, Ryan Hart, Xian, D1, Mr R, Abegen, etc about KBR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67S_dFnzBAU

I put a lot of work into making this video and I learned a lot since my 2012 video =)

I hope you guys enjoy the end sequence as well :p

vulva

I just finished uploading an interview I did with a bunch of people including James Chen, Ultra David, Ryan Hart, Xian, D1, Mr R, Abegen, etc about KBR

I put a lot of work into making this video and I learned a lot since my 2012 video =)

I'll watch in a bit, but just as a heads up it might be better to write Kuwait Royal Battle instead of KBR, since I'd imagine that acronym is more commonly associated with Kane Blue River. I bet a lot of people will click that expecting it to be a blowup/drama video.

mbpm1

I'll watch in a bit, but just as a heads up it might be better to write Kuwait Royal Battle instead of KBR, since I'd imagine that acronym is more commonly associated with Kane Blue River. I bet a lot of people will click that expecting it to be a blowup/drama video.

That's what I thought

NEO0MJ

Everything's better with Heihachi hair.

Thanks. Will check it out.

CO_Andy

Abegen's English is surprisingly good.

Very well put together. The quality's more on par with a documentary.

Line_HTX

Yeah, I thought it was about KaneBlueRiver and got confused, lol

Naar

Well it is called KBR since 2012 :\ Even most of the people in the video just say KBR

Abegen's English is surprisingly good.

Very well put together. The quality's more on par with a documentary.

Thanks, I went into this video with bigger ambitions than my 2012 video as I plan for even bigger and more ambitious videos in the future :p

This is the 2012 video with Justin Wong, F Champ, and Ryan Hart https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJnWTy4ftd8

Shouta

Indeed, the problem was the long pauses between sets, what was the deal there?

Had to check the players in and out of daycare between sets, so that took a while.

Tonosama...something something hentai...

Might have been a bit of technical trouble with the cheap internet dongles or something with the production. Matches ran quick in most of the pools I watched and participated in.

Shouta

That's funny!

That's creepy

That's gross.

Is Pokken fun? Haven't seen much of it beside the GiantBomb quicklook. Is that lucha Pikachu any good?

Yeah, it's really fun. A lot of FG fundamentals apply to the game but due to the way the game is setup, making reads is the core of the game, IMO. It makes it easier to get into for fg vets and you get to playing your opponent right away as a result.

Whoa, who what???

Tonosama made a tweet that he was winning Evo not for the money or the fame but for Braixen hentai...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My biggest issue with Pokken from what I saw was similar to my issue with watching SFxT streams.

So many people still don't know how to play the game xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom