• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

i think it will be a good experiment and force us to expand our horizons.

no SF talk for 2 days. and.....GO!

So how about that SFV?
So, that uh, lasted 2 minutes.

As for talking about other Fighters. If you want to start a conversation about a game, all it takes is two people interested in the subject.

I mean, the last time this thread talked about Xrd, was to complain about how Revalator release didn't amount to an uptick of people playing, not of the game itself.

There's a ton of fighting games out there. But all that means if there is no discussion, it's because the people posting in this thread aren't the people interested.

As for talking about other Fighters. If you want to start a conversation about a game, all it takes is two people interested in the subject.

I mean, the last time this thread talked about Xrd, was to complain about how Revalator release didn't amount to an uptick of people playing, not of the game itself.

There's a ton of fighting games out there. But all that means if there is no discussion, it's because the people posting in this thread aren't the people interested.
I want to put more time into revelator now that dizzy is out and shes really cool, but I hate japanese voice acting and thats making practice mode a drag

shaowebb

Pretty much. I've gotten around eight fighting games in the past 10 months and NONE of them get talked about because this thread is generally only about Capcom meta talk and Capcom player drama. The audience just isn't here in this thread for anything else. You get a couple responses if that or generally just ignored.

Hmmm...I wonder what a noncapcom fighting games hq community thread would be like?

Eh, this way it takes until september to get my hopes crushed of her having any of Kunimitsu's moves. ;/

I wish that demo yesterday had shown more. She has to have some more new stuff, right? Right... ?

miku

Pretty much. I've gotten around eight fighting games in the past 10 months and NONE of them get talked about because this thread is generally only about Capcom meta talk and Capcom player drama. The audience just isn't here in this thread for anything else. You get a couple responses if that or generally just ignored.

Hmmm...I wonder what a noncapcom fighting games hq community thread would be like?

Waifu talks and waifu pics

Skilletor

2 minutes.

I give such a thread 2 minutes.

Numb

Eh, this way it takes until september to get my hopes crushed of her having any of Kunimitsu's moves. ;/

I wish that demo yesterday had shown more. She has to have some more new stuff, right? Right... ?

Kunimitsu movelist will return in a tall bald white guy called Jimmy

tumblr_mfep4zNoI71qkjlt5o1_400.gif

It+s+da+money+powa+_786281394e7c697089ed68a679b33ac6.gif

"Yes,,, let them fight.... "

depends on how many blade arcus panty shots you allow

Line_HTX

I like this place because there's enough people from other games talking about stuff if necessary. It's a good thing this place is not solely the SF community at large. I like that I can talk Tekken and Xrd Revelator/other anime fighters and ask questions if necessary.

What would it look like? Probably customization items and multitude of color pallettes referencing some other game or IP, lmao

Pretty much. I've gotten around eight fighting games in the past 10 months and NONE of them get talked about because this thread is generally only about Capcom meta talk and Capcom player drama.

Well its not just capcom. the smash player bs was talked about more here than in any of the smash threads.

Tripon

ESL release some new info about their $75,000 SFV tournament in Brooklyn.

Note: There is a entry fee ($10) that is seperate from the registration fee. It's an interesting tactic that ESL is offering a large prize pot, but charging entries fees for the game that doesn't go to the pot on top of it.

QUALIFICATION
There is no qualification process for The Brooklyn Beatdown. ESL Play will instead be running a series of online tournament in multiple regions with prizing including flight, accomodation and tournament registration for The Brooklyn Beatdown in order to give players from all regions an opportunity to attend.

PRIZE POOL
The Brooklyn Beatdown at ESL One New York has a prize pool of US$75,000 for Street Fighter V.
PRIZE DISTRIBUTION
Prizes will be paid out to the top 16 finishers.
Distribution:
1st Place - $30,000
2nd Place - $10,500
3rd Place - $7,500
4th Place - $6,000
5th-6th Place - $3,750
7th-8th Place - $2,250
9th-12th Place - $1,500
13th-16th Place - $750

http://event.eslgaming.com/esloneny/brooklynbeatdown/information/

pizzacat

Banned
I can talk about NRS all day, let's talk about how they're making literally the most unappealing fighting game ever yet it's gon make zillions

pizzacat

Banned
Because nerds like you are only paying attention to how it looks instead of how it plays.
The graphics have nothing to do with its unappeal to me

If MKX variation thing drew me off, what do you think is making me say this? The fact that they can't draw regular humans to save their life? Nah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom