• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

What is it with Tekken 7 and these shower heads? Is it a reference to smelly smash players or something?

Players and their data cards earn so much fight money they just spend it on customization items. It's just visual effects, really, nothing to it.

tumblr_mto58g3tyL1sj45mto1_500.png

tumblr_inline_o1s30sJn1f1rjdaa5_500.png

tumblr_inline_o1s30xCXUW1rjdaa5_500.png

Dahbomb

Anti airing is generally a big joke in SFV right now. A lot of moves are way too easy to jump in vs anti airs. Ryu's jump LK, Ken's Tatsu... not even worth anti airing some moves if you don't have an invincible move to anti air with.

Then add in the input delay plus the high offense reward nature of the game... that's pretty much why jumping is so good in the game.

Anti airing is generally a big joke in SFV right now. A lot of moves are way too easy to jump in vs anti airs. Ryu's jump LK, Ken's Tatsu... not even worth anti airing some moves if you don't have an invincible move to anti air with.

Then add in the input delay plus the high offense reward nature of the game... that's pretty much why jumping is so good in the game.

trying to anti air with a character that's not Ryu/Ken/Nash/Chun/Necalli (top 5 top 5) is a hazard.

I still don't know why they're giving some of the cast the most middling/trash AA's then you have a st.LP that can stuff out the sun. I don't necessarily have issues with the st.LP themselves it's just the characters that have it don't really need it IMO. Necalli/Ryu both already have invincible AA's and other attacks.

I just don't know what they were thinking with a lot of things but oh well just gotta wait until the end of Capcom Cup for a revision
lol chun gonna get buffed watch

shaowebb

IFRk1q9.gif
oCoe0ib.gif

6rMyg4i.gif
c8Ocmvv.gif
wbGKVEN.gif
wpy1P39.gif

I have found my spirit animal in Meitenkun. I love this sleepy character aesthetic. Dude even gets knocked down in poses that have him cozily just plop down on the pillow. Cannot wait to use him. He's got that Raiden thing of the longer you charge a move the stronger it is too (apparently only with the lunge punch and AA splodey) so his pillow full of bricks fighting style is gonna be fun :D

For that timing, wouldn't Balrog's headbutt be a better option?

:(
They changed it to a v-reversal i think. I don't think he has a legit reversal besides his CA.

edit; What Count says. Its just strange that Boxer doesn't have a reversal. Then again I also don't understand why Gief doesn't have a faster startup on his SPD or at least his EX SPD.

Whatever, its BananaHammock time soon. Can't wait for Urien.

NEO0MJ

Nope. I was super surprised when they took it away and made it a V-Reversal. The only thing close to it in function is his EX Uppercut which has super armor but I feel you need to be pretty accurate when using it and it's slower.

shaowebb

Meitenkun is a charge character with an AA that gets stronger the longer you charge. Stay free SFV. :p

Can't wait to try that shit on wakeup. Plus you can charge before the round starts with this stuff!

Rhapsody

Banned
trying to anti air with a character that's not Ryu/Ken/Nash/Chun/Necalli (top 5 top 5) is a hazard.

I still don't know why they're giving some of the cast the most middling/trash AA's then you have a st.LP that can stuff out the sun. I don't necessarily have issues with the st.LP themselves it's just the characters that have it don't really need it IMO. Necalli/Ryu both already have invincible AA's and other attacks.

I just don't know what they were thinking with a lot of things but oh well just gotta wait until the end of Capcom Cup for a revision
lol chun gonna get buffed watch
Kind of sucks since I feel like I don't feel like returning to SFV unless season 2 makes some big changes outside of simple buffs/nerfs. As it is right now, the characters that are strong have a combination of good AA, 3 framer, DP, good V Reversal, throw loops. If all they're going to do is take some away and give them to others, that's going to feel really boring.
Is this why a lot of player choose to backdash/block the jump ins?
Pretty much. A lot of characters don't have the best kind of anti-air that can discourage jump-ins too. I remember Daigo or someone saying Sim might anti air you more than 50 percent of the time, but you might as well keep doing jump ins because the one time when you get rewarded, it'll outweigh all the times you got anti-aired.

SFV sucks, can we please stop pretending "the core gameplay is great". The game has so many gameplay & balance issues but at the same time isn't fun & creative like say Marvel. It's just a fucking let down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom