• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Its amazing how all it takes to get people posting in this thread about how great it must suddenly be is to suggest making a separate Community thread for fighting games that aren't Capcom or to suggest similar for anime fighting games.

This happens EVERY TIME.

Folks force talk of all other fighters out by ignoring such posts about those games, but go nuts at the idea that a thread could exist specifically for those titles. Even if the thread was made I guarantee folks from this thread would flood such a thread complaining it exists saying IT'S whats segregating things and not this threads dull attitudes towards anything without Capcom's name on it is whats forced folks to want to leave.

There is a reason this place goes sometimes an entire day without a single page filling up. No one is left with the will to try and put up with the way their games are treated in the thread should they begin to have in depth conversations on them. Any MKX talk gets invaded with NRS haters, anime becomes a giant circle jerk of how much some folks need to posture against anime fighters in general, and no one can talk about DOA as a game because they just want to talk about it as a dressup game joke.

Thread is toxic unless you have Capcom in your veins. And dont try tell me we actually talk anything on Smash here other than stream and tourney drama stuf thats usually negative to them. No one here talks about up smashes and what percents you can link nairs for combos in this thread. They just whine about the communities...and everything that isn't Capcom.

Go on back to SFV, SFIV, and Marvel talks now. I'm done stating the obvious again. Worn out from a month of moving and tired of this shit is all. If we wanna grow then let folks enjoy other shit here and dont butt in to mock or downtalk everything you don't play.

Sigmaah

ZTS sucks, can we please stop pretending "he's a good poster". The guy has so many issues but at the same time isn't fun & creative like say notworksafe. He's just a fucking let down.

Lmfao beef got me dyin

On some real sf5 gameplay dope as fuck, yes does it have its flaws no shit every game does but waaaayyy better than sf4 I'll tell you that much. Changes gonna come eventually why u buggin dawg

Skilletor

Its amazing how all it takes to get people posting in this thread about how great it must suddenly be is to suggest making a separate Community thread for fighting games that aren't Capcom or to suggest similar for anime fighting games.

This happens EVERY TIME.

Folks force talk of all other fighters out by ignoring such posts about those games, but go nuts at the idea that a thread could exist specifically for those titles. Even if the thread was made I guarantee folks from this thread would flood such a thread complaining it exists saying IT'S whats segregating things and not this threads dull attitudes towards anything without Capcom's name on it is whats forced folks to want to leave.

There is a reason this place goes sometimes an entire day without a single page filling up. No one is left with the will to try and put up with the way their games are treated in the thread should they begin to have in depth conversations on them. Any MKX talk gets invaded with NRS haters, anime becomes a giant circle jerk of how much some folks need to posture against anime fighters in general, and no one can talk about DOA as a game because they just want to talk about it as a dressup game joke.

Thread is toxic unless you have Capcom in your veins. And dont try tell me we actually talk anything on Smash here other than stream and tourney drama stuf thats usually negative to them. No one here talks about up smashes and what percents you can link nairs for combos in this thread. They just whine about the communities...and everything that isn't Capcom.

Go on back to SFV, SFIV, and Marvel talks now. I'm done stating the obvious again. Worn out from a month of moving and tired of this shit is all. If we wanna grow then let folks enjoy other shit here and dont butt in to mock or downtalk everything you don't play.

Now now. Let's be fair.

This thread does nothing but bitch about everything, Capcom included. :)

This happens EVERY TIME.

on a scale of 1 to rkappa how toxic are we? Also I believe smash isn't a real fighting game so idk if it'd be pertinent to discuss in a fighting game thread

pizzacat

Banned
I'm sorry shaowebb but how can anyone follow up one of your posts about fighting games. I wish I could find someone that would talk about me like that

CO_Andy

This idea of a community called the "FGC" didn't take ground until SF4's release. Makes sense we're going to favor Capcom fighters. Doesn't mean we can't appreciate other fighting games, but Capcom fighters will always be favored by and large.

LoL fighter will save the FGC and bring everyone together
I'm betting on Nintendo x Capcom myself. Only thing that can stop the current rift between the communities.

Marz

I would love more GG and BB talk tbh. Would love hearing about matchups and shit but there's like almost no written content on the internet.

Discussion gets lost forever in chatrooms.

cj_iwakura

I would love more GG and BB talk tbh. Would love hearing about matchups and shit but there's like almost no written content on the internet.

Can't beat dustloop for either game, they have character specific boards and topics on every matchup. I'm a Tsubaki main, so I can only tell stories about who I hate fighting.

This happens EVERY TIME.

Shouldn't it go the opposite way as well? People always complaining there is too much talk about SF, marvel or smash.

The haters on both sides just need to let people talk about what they want to talk about. Some things are more popular than others, and people like stuff I don't like. People preach it, but they don't do it. Taking it as ignoring is putting a negative light on it. Maybe people just don't care or have no interest.

If people want to talk about other stuff, they just post about and if people want to engage, they will. If they don't, who cares. There is no interest. No need to begrudge anything. Just keep posting about it if it interests you.

Dahbomb

This happens EVERY TIME.

There isn't anything stopping anyone from making an Anime Fighting Game Community thread. You don't need a mod blessing.

No one makes it because deep down they know it's going to get like a tenth of the activity of this thread.

Fighting games is the only genre on GAF to have its own community thread afaik. I would love to have a stylish action game community thread but I know that won't have any real traffic so I just stick to the DMC4SE OT.

cj_iwakura

I don't think fracturing the community is a good idea, it's better for people to just live and let live. I'd rather the wider attention(especially in regards to Catherine events).

Heck, I was the only one posting in the Catherine comp thread, so I may as well just post here instead. :p

shaowebb

Fighting games is the only genre on GAF to have its own community thread afaik.

Probably because both the shmups threads are active enough to stay out of community these days. Tons of releases on that genre. Not sure if the point click folk got moved to community or not.

And I haven't made a non capcom or anime community thread for the reason I stated. I 100% feel it'd be ruined by people rushing in to whine about segregation instead of staying on topic so folks could talk BB, Revelator, UNIELST, DFCI or whatever else is big thats being played. After all, I'm already proven right...people are already whining about segregating conversations.

There's some sort of irony here. Earlier people saying Smash was toxic because they don't embrace other games and that they should get out of the FGC.

Then shaowebb saying the thread is toxic because of shitposting about other fighting games.

Valle was totally spot on when he was explaining Marvel's absence at SCR and Smash's inclusion. Maybe you guys are the problem.

Dahbomb

I just saw this SHMUP OT in gaming and the thread was created in 2010 and still is on its first OT. The FGW is light years ahead of that.

shaowebb

There's some sort of irony here. Earlier people saying Smash was toxic because they don't embrace other games and that they should get out of the FGC.

Then shaowebb saying the thread is toxic because of shitposting about other fighting games.

Valle was totally spot on when he was explaining Marvel's absence at SCR and Smash's inclusion. Maybe you guys are the problem.

Well when the only real traffic we get in a day is to complain about communities and no one getting to enjoy whatever things they like for all the boos from other games fans he ain't wrong.

I think its easier to just play games anymore and try to ignore talk. Sucks though because there is so much to talk about if people would just kick back and let folks enjoy different things. That goes for at tournies and in threads IMO.

Rhapsody

Banned

Jack-O players in Japan did a MU list on how she fares against the cast. I'll do a quick translation right now and repost it here and the GG thread.

Beats

There is a reason this place goes sometimes an entire day without a single page filling up.

people probably just go elsewhere to talk about fighting games. Twitter, Discord, reddit, some game specific forum, the game's OT on this site or whatever.

Rhapsody

Banned
Here's what the 3 top placing Evo Jack-O players think about their matchups. Some agreements with some that don't fall under the same opinion at all.

https://twitter.com/77_pretzel/status/760322239161970688
Purepure

Easy: Bedman
Little Easy: Jam, Zato, Elphelt, Faust
Easy but sometimes not: Sol, Potemkin, Slayer, May
Normal: Ino, Leo
Little Tough: Ky, Venom, Johnny
Bad: Millia, Chipp, Axl

https://twitter.com/SvampenBuri/status/760302721349980160
Svampen

Death: Axl, Millia, FAB (lol)
Tough: Chipp, Johnny
Little Tough: Sin, Bedman, Ky
Everyone else is normal or easy

https://twitter.com/d2ftaxi/status/760286403221524480
Min

Super Tough: Axl, Chipp
Tough: Sin, FAB, Johnny
Little Tough: Sol, Ky, Venom, Millia, May, Elphelt
Normal: Zato, Slayer, Bedman, Faust, I-No
Does well against: Potemkin, Leo, Jam, Ramlethal

Folks force talk of all other fighters out by ignoring such posts about those games, but go nuts at the idea that a thread could exist specifically for those titles.
This is a ridiculous claim. No one is playing a bunch of shitty indie fighters, so people aren't talking about them. There's nothing to say in response to your posts about them, either, because they're hard to relate to due to how foreign the ideas are.

Well when the only real traffic we get in a day is to complain about communities and no one getting to enjoy whatever things they like for all the boos from other games fans he ain't wrong.

I think its easier to just play games anymore and try to ignore talk. Sucks though because there is so much to talk about if people would just kick back and let folks enjoy different things. That goes for at tournies and in threads IMO.
Who is preventing you from enjoying what you enjoy?

The traffic the thread gets is mostly drama-related because all of the actual fighting game play and conversation takes place in the Discord these days.

Jack-O players in Japan did a MU list on how she fares against the cast. I'll do a quick translation right now and repost it here and the GG thread.
I'd love more stuff like this.

Here's what the 3 top placing Evo Jack-O players think about their matchups. Some agreements with some that don't fall under the same opinion at all.

Purepure

Svampen

Min

This is pre-nerf, right? I don't see Raven on the lists.

Purepure

Svampen

Min

Lol at fab

For the record, I read and appreciate what you post.

And Tizoc's listings > most of the garbage said in this thread

Folks force talk of all other fighters out by ignoring such posts about those games, but go nuts at the idea that a thread could exist specifically for those titles.

I don't quote you because the games you talk about are games that don't appeal to me for one or multiple reasons. And instead of shitting on them, I just take the high road and don't say anything in order to be polite. Who is saying you're not allowed to talk about those games?

Rhapsody

Banned
This is pre-nerf, right? I don't see Raven on the lists.

Arcade, so no console characters (which they're getting them on August 4th). Her matchups are probably the exact same after the patch, maybe better on some since characters like Sin and Johnny got nerfed. Any changes to her list post patch mostly depends on the buffs others got (like Ky). Her nerfs didn't affect her much. Houses going down two attack levels is the biggest thing.

As for my opinion on Raven vs Jack-O, feels evenish to me so far. Raven can definitely fight Jack-O, but who knows if it'll go to his advantage.

Arcade, so no console characters (which they're getting them on August 4th). Her matchups are probably the exact same after the patch, maybe better on some since characters like Sin and Johnny got nerfed. Any changes to her list post patch mostly depends on the buffs others got (like Ky). Her nerfs didn't affect her much. Houses going down two attack levels is the biggest thing.

As for my opinion on Raven vs Jack-O, feels evenish to me so far. Raven can definitely fight Jack-O, but who knows if it'll go to his advantage.
I haven't fought a "real" Jack-o to know for sure, but it feels manageable at least. He has good jabs to poke out the houses.

shaowebb

I would love a 3dEVO, haha.

Tekken 7, SC5, VF, DOA, Ehrgeiz (heh).

Lol. Side tourney fun would be had there for sure.

Honestly I'd love this format to crop up. A couple of 3d majors would be slick. Throw in Pokken, and maybe Gundam as well to round it out. It'd be pretty neat to see an all 3d format tourney become an event each year. Shame there is no Bloody Roar in recent years to toss into that mix as well.

mitchlol

My friend and I have been playing a bit of GG Xrd revelator lately but we are still confused about a lot of the game mechanics. We understand Street Fighter V but by comparison GG has so many more systems it's hard to keep track.

One thing we are confused about is the air recovery after being hit. We both think that there isn't really a downside to using air recovery but surely there must be a risk associated with it right? The other thing I'm wondering is when I did the tutorial/trial for doing a dust attack then leaping into the air for a combo I was fine. When I tried it in game with Ky I couldn't get it to work? Does it use/require tension?

My friend and I have been playing a bit of GG Xrd revelator lately but we are still confused about a lot of the game mechanics. We understand Street Fighter V but by comparison GG has so many more systems it's hard to keep track.

One thing we are confused about is the air recovery after being hit. We both think that there isn't really a downside to using air recovery but surely there must be a risk associated with it right? The other thing I'm wondering is when I did the tutorial/trial for doing a dust attack then leaping into the air for a combo I was fine. When I tried it in game with Ky I couldn't get it to work? Does it use/require tension?
Recovering in the air early can make you susceptible to certain resets.

Dust follow-ups are tension-free. Probably an execution error.

Pompadour

Your opponent can anticipate an air recovery and air throw you/mix you up. Same concept as ground recovering constantly in most fighting games.

You have to hold a direction after the Dust. Up has you chase them into the air, Towards has you run after them.

Rhapsody

Banned
I haven't fought a "real" Jack-o to know for sure, but it feels manageable at least. He has good jabs to poke out the houses.

We should play sometime then. I'm doing a lot better than I was at release with her. Still my best character out of the cast. Dizzy's still stuck on sub status for me since there's a lot of work to be done on making her stuff real. She's good, but you have to lab on account for what's escapable, wakeup times, IB/FD, etc. Plus she's much less Marvel-esque than her AC counterpart lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom