• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you guys go back to that Active time battle but with a new 3d look?
in a heartbeat. I have nothing against action RPGs, but square has never made a good action RPG combat, and one controllable character in an FF blows. I was far more looking forward to Nomura's FFvXIII than ever have Tabata's FFXV since at least in that we had control changes to other party members.Overall though I trust SE to make fun turn based battle systems, both I Am Setsuna and Bravely series coming out recently with excellent turn based combat, I still have no faith in them for action. FF was also the last bastion for high production value turn based RPGs, so losing that is also sad.

Neoxon

Who should handle it, though? Isn't Eighting busy with that oculus game?
It doesn't seem like the Oculus project will be taking up too much of their time, so it's entirely possible that they could do both it & a potential Vs. game for Capcom.

Neoxon

Just make Capcom all-stars on the UMvC3 engine.
I'm not sure if Capcom even use MT Framework for new console games, anymore (they definitely do for remasters). And while I'd love for Capcom All-Stars to happen, I fear that it would end up being mostly Street Fighter/Resident Evil/Devil May Cry/Mega Man characters to make up for the lack of a major IP such as Marvel.

I'm not sure if Capcom even use MT Framework for new console games, anymore (they definitely do for remasters). And while I'd love for Capcom All-Stars to happen, I fear that it would end up being mostly Street Fighter/Resident Evil/Devil May Cry/Mega Man characters to make up for the lack of a major IP such as Marvel.

Its a good vehicle to bring out franchises that might have a chance in this generation.
I didn't know what a Dormamu or Rocket Racoon was. Who is Skrull or Dr. Strange?

Neoxon

Its a good vehicle to bring out franchises that might have a chance in this generation.
I didn't know what a Dormammu or Rocket Raccoon was. Who is Skrull or Dr. Strange?
Because they had the likes of Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain America, & Wolverine to help bring in the spotlight. And Doctor Strange wasn't that obscure at the time (though he wasn't anywhere near as popular as he is now or will be this November). Strange's popularity could be comparable to that of Black Panther or Carol Danvers (Ms. Marvel at the time, though now she's Captain Marvel) during the time that (U)MvC3 was hyped up, mainly in that Doctor Strange was known but not a household name (Though T'Challa & Carol also had prominent appearances in Avengers:EMH, so that helped). While Ryu, Dante, & Mega Man are gaming icons, they're nowhere near as popular as Marvel's most iconic characters (of which Rocket Raccoon is now amongst thanks to the success of the Guardians movie).

I didn't know what a Dormamu or Rocket Racoon was. Who is Skrull or Dr. Strange?

With that comes a lot of manchildren whining though.

Why is She Hulk in Marvel 3
Why is Vega in Street Fighter V
they took a slot
etc

Neoxon

With that comes a lot of manchildren whining though.

Why is She-Hulk in Marvel 3
Why is Vega in Street Fighter V
they took a slot
etc
She-Hulk was a questionable choice considering the alternatives, but I didn't really mind at the time since I was aware that she fought differently compared to her cousin. That said, if MvC4 does end up happening, I fear for the likelihood of her return since there are other more prominent female Marvel characters waiting in the wings (Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Gamora, Medusa, Ms. Marvel, Mantis, Wasp,
Gwenpool (I wasn't fond of the concept, but her comic was surprisingly good, & Marvel's pushing her hard as of late),
etc.). But considering that She-Hulk still appears in some Marvel merchandise to this day, maybe I shouldn't be that concerned for her chances (again, if MvC4 even happens at all).

Neoxon

- Bring back Ruby Heart
- Solid netcode
- A way to unlock all the VS series music
Would this be for Capcom All-Stars or MvC4? Either way, better hope that Niitsuma isn't in charge (if I recall, he was against adding original characters not from established franchises, such as Ruby Heart).

NEO0MJ

My guess is that he feels the game won't catch on in the FGC after the initial launch hype. And based on past experience with SNK the netcode is going to be terrible so you can't even play with others.
Sorry for speaking in your stead, notworksafe!

notworksafe

kof in america is dead on arrival. people will care for maybe two months at most, basically however long it takes for americans not to win. then it will die. also the online will be ass. the end.

edit: shit neo got me. clearly ive gotten too predictable.

Neoxon

kof in america is dead on arrival. people will care for maybe two months at most, basically however long it takes for americans not to win. then it will die. also the online will be ass. the end.

A shame, but it'd be nice to see what the Mexican scene brings to EVO, next year.

I guess NEO went for that hard read.

NEO0MJ

Aw shucks. Well...

28130996374_8b61abb1c4_o.gif

It's not like there's a case were you can use that excuse for niche/indie/anime fighters and it won't fit. Usually I would have bought it myself but nowadays I feel like I can't justify buying games just for the lab, at least not at full price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom