• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

Aw shucks. Well...

28130996374_8b61abb1c4_o.gif

It's not like there's a case were you can use that excuse for niche/indie/anime fighters and it won't fit. Usually I would have bought it myself but nowadays I feel like I can't justify buying games just for the lab, at least not at full price.
for me it's mainly that i don't have a ps4 and by the time it hits pc the kof14 scene will be OVAH

*predictabo

i was gonna put that but it seemed a little too....well you get it.

Kumubou

I'm not going to get into KOF XIV for roughly the same reasons notworksafe is -- there's not going to be a community to speak of locally or nationally and the netcode is pretty much guaranteed to be delay-based trash. Yeah, I'm aware I could help the former by putting in work... but I don't care enough? That and I tried the XIV demo and I'm not feeling it at all. I can't really remember the last time I had a positive experience from a fighting game demo bug I had better impressions from SF5's demos???

there's a lot more fighting game discussion in the Sega Saturn thread than here :/
This thread is full of people who, at best, used to play fighting games and are just bitter about the whole experience now.

Sometimes I wish I enjoyed a genre that had games produced by competent developers, games that were made to modern-day standards. Even the best FGs today feel like they were made for a target market from 1996.

Dahbomb

A fighting game with modern day standards...

Wow... what a concept.

The only things that are modern about fighting games these days are ways in which they can nickle and dime the customer.

Dahbomb

what exactly is a fighting game made to "modern day standards"?
Play some DOTA 2, explore all the options in the main menus (and in-game).. then come back to me.

Like if you have to ask a question like this then you probably haven't played enough games in other genres.

Kumubou

It's a buzzword...or phrase, whatever...that someone uses when they can't describe what they want.
Or I was just making a pithy post on mobile and we both damn well know that if I wrote out what that would actually entail, nobody would actually read it and you would then be clowning on the length of said post.

Or I was just making a pithy post on mobile and we both damn well know that if I wrote out what that would actually entail, nobody would actually read it and you would then be clowning on the length of said post.

what exactly is a fighting game made to "modern day standards"?

Infinite

I would rather it and you should elaborate

Daigo speaking politely is rare. Has to be due to how much respect he has for Yaya Sagat (Ogou). Pretty sure Daigo said in the past that he considers Ogou as his teacher. Think he learned his fireball game from him.

SteelBallRun

Neo Member
Saw this making its rounds on twitter, reddit, /fgg/, and the like. Apparently someone named M leaked the Evo Japan roster and made a mockup image of the text list.

http://i.imgur.com/wUy35kF.jpg

And in text form

• Street Fighter V
  • Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator
  • Super Smash Bros. For Wii U
  • Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
  • Tekken 7 Fated Retribution
  • Pokken Tournament
  • BlazBlue Central Fiction *NEW*
  • King of Fighters XIV *NEW*
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy *NEW*
  • Gundam Extreme Vs. Maxi Boost ON *NEW*

Another user on r/Fighters said it'll take place Q1 of 2017. Nothing strange or out of place in the lineup except maybe no Killer Instinct.

BadWolf

Saw this making its rounds on twitter, reddit, /fgg/, and the like. Apparently someone named M leaked the Evo Japan roster and made a mockup image of the text list.

And in text form

• Street Fighter V
  • Pokken Tournament

Another user on r/Fighters said it'll take place Q1 of 2017. Nothing strange or out of place in the lineup except maybe no Killer Instinct.

Not bad and Dissidia is a nice addition.

They should have put VF5 over Marvel though.

Can't keep a good game down.

And in text form

• Street Fighter V
  • Pokken Tournament

Makes sense to drop Melee and Killer Instinct in Japan.

Play some DOTA 2, explore all the options in the main menus (and in-game).. then come back to me.

Like if you have to ask a question like this then you probably haven't played enough games in other genres.
I opened up Dota 2 yesterday, and there was a full on stream going in the main menu. It looked pretty good too, then you could just go to another tab and watch another game play out on a large monitor/TV.

It's was pretty good actually. Valve still putting in that work.

That Evo Japan lineup looks nice. I hardly ever get to see Japanese Marvel but they've got some great players over there.

Assuming that lineup is real anyway.

pixelish

so who here is considering going to evo japan next year? i'll most likely go since japan is much nearer from where i live than vegas

Dahbomb

And in text form

• Street Fighter V
  • Pokken Tournament

Good.

GOOD!

Looking good for Marvel 3 at EVO in 2017. Only Marvel 4 can kill Marvel 3.

Japanese Marvel always shows up good at KVO, they will do good at Japan EVO too.

It's a buzzword...or phrase, whatever...that someone uses when they can't describe what they want.
I have described in numerous detail what that is in this thread numerous times in the past. Even put it in bullet points so it would get through. Now I just point to games with modern standards so that people would at least broaden their horizons.

Dahbomb

I want Justin Wong to travel to Japanese EVO and be the first player to win a Japanese Marvel EVO. Just like he did at SBO.

It's only right.

Daigo speaking politely is rare. Has to be due to how much respect he has for Yaya Sagat (Ogou). Pretty sure Daigo said in the past that he considers Ogou as his teacher. Think he learned his fireball game from him.

In a sea of stupid posts what makes you say this about Daigo? Was there another stream?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom