• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angelic retweeted this even though he called SCR a glorified local that he wasn't interested in going to anyway.

May as well spread the word to the scene, whether he likes the event or not.

I want Justin Wong to travel to Japanese EVO and be the first player to win a Japanese Marvel EVO. Just like he did at SBO.

It's only right.

Would be even cooler if ChrisG did it and got the double Evo win. Someone would need to sponsor him for that to happen though.

Malice215

Defend the North was really entertaining to watch for Marvel, especially with Yipes on commentary. People still love and support Marvel. Hopefully it gets a good turn out at SCR.

I'd love to see Justin or Chris make the trip out to EVO Japan for Marvel because America is getting bopped at everything else. Looking forward to the official announcement.

Mr. Wizard is saying on twitter that the leak is fake.

It makes sense. 10 games, including arcade gundam? The event would have to be very small in terms of participants.

vocab

I hope Hokuto no Ken is at Japan Evo. Game Newton 3v3 only happens once a year, and it brings some of the sickest players out.

miku

I hope Hokuto no Ken is at Japan Evo. Game Newton 3v3 only happens once a year, and it brings some of the sickest players out.

JyjmJtU.png

Or I was just making a pithy post on mobile and we both damn well know that if I wrote out what that would actually entail, nobody would actually read it and you would then be clowning on the length of said post.

I don't clown on the length of posts, but thanks for playing.

MrDaravon

I have no idea how SCR is going to run that many games at that venue, it seemed like it was going to be a nightmare already. Should be interesting.

Play some DOTA 2, explore all the options in the main menus (and in-game).. then come back to me.

Like if you have to ask a question like this then you probably haven't played enough games in other genres.

I agree with Dahbomb here. And you don't even have to go into another genre, just dive a bit in Killer Instinct or Skullgirls and you'll see that even with modest budget you can achieve something way more modern than what most FGs do.

In a sea of stupid posts what makes you say this about Daigo? Was there another stream?

Daigo had another talk show stream on twitch, this time with Ogou. Usually when he speaks Japanese, he doesn't bother to speak politely (to an extent) with any guests. This time he was not only speaking politely, but if Ogou said something about the past, Daigo wouldn't second guess him like he would to Kuroda for instance.

mbpm1

Daigo had another talk show stream on twitch, this time with Ogou. Usually when he speaks Japanese, he doesn't bother to speak politely (to an extent) with any guests. This time he was not only speaking politely, but if Ogou said something about the past, Daigo wouldn't second guess him like he would to Kuroda for instance.

Daigo just wants his senpai to notice

I sent Wizard a pm about the tournament numbers for several tournaments for a couple of games. Hopefully they are helpful. It's hard to find numbers for a lot of games as they usually do qualifiers for a national tournament that only allows those qualified teams to compete. So sometimes you can't get the best numbers that an open tournament would provide.

VF5FS has some good tournament numbers in Japan I found. Much better than stuff like Melee, and well a lot of games. I don't think these tournament numbers should be the be all end all though as I think arcade popularity should also be taken into account when choosing which games are at EVO Japan.

Plus we have to factor in the scenes in Korea, China, Australia, etc... as they will likely be more represented at EVO Japan.

Tripon

As I was making the Tournament thread for this weekend, I noticed that Capcom did this for the online tournament for Asia.

Asia/Oceania One - August 7 at 10AM Singapore Standard Time (SST)
Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam

Asia/Oceania Two - October 22 at 10AM Japan Standard Time (JST)
Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea

lol, Capcom.

MrDaravon

NEC is December 16-18 this year, that seems like a not great idea but what can you do I guess. Gotta think that's going to be glorified local status, can't imagine almost anyone is going to travel the weekend before Christmas, especially since it can't be a CPT event either.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm thankful to guys like Floe, Aris and Max streaming every night giving me something to have on my other screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom