• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompadour

If you fish the DLC character out it's already unlocked at that point?

Or is there a period where they're free and you download first and don't have to fish or some...thing???

You can unlock Raven in-game but he was up as free DLC as a way to just skip earning the character. Kum has to be paid for now no matter what, I believe.

Tripon

Eh, it's clear that Capcom Japan will just throw USA under the bus again if they fuck up and need another delay. (Because they're the side developing the game).

The real issue is that Capcom isn't giving the devs enough resources and manpower in order to consistently release content.

ShinMaruku

I actually found this game surprisingly competent. It's not technically difficult like DMC games (besides cool combos having just frames), but the fact that any move basically can be canceled into a character switch allowed me to do a lot of fun things, like since Saaya has a lot of active frames on her chainsaw, you can have her locking down someone, then switch to someone else to continue a combo. Just doing a super, then swapping a character while the animation going allows some pretty hectic stuff to happen. I picked up the game just because someone mentioned Aya had spiral swords, and that move is basically busted in every game it is in. The game is rather easy compared to other games though, since basically you have to lose 4 whole characters before you die and there is a lot of "game flow" between getting super, getting demon mode up, team assist stuff, then rotating it so you can do lots of damage. The only thing I found out you have to watch out for is something like eating misery's spin when you have multiple characters out, which can hurt a lot.

The game improved with the Kagura version where they actually got the framework of the game down. Z2 chaos is where they are iterating on the game. The game allows for some really nuts free styling things too with the cancels and the sub weapon system.

Like for example you can make Kagura's sub weapon spin around her in orbit keeping mooks off you, or you can charge it until it's gold and you can rapid fire chuck it like a machine gun. Saki's counter can cancel mid combo to really fuck up an attack on you, the cool combo character switch mechanic is sublime when you get it down can make you stun bosses.

For misery I troll the fuck out of her and make all the characters have their devil trigger then I put out raid mode and throw out a cool combo then use extacy moves as i-frames through her spin this should melt her life really quick. trick is to kill her in under a min to stop that nuttery. I also love that if you hold down the transfomation buttons their trains formation blows up all the blood in the monsters around you making it akin to the DT burst in DMC3.

There should be a DMC and Oneechanbara cross over just so Dante and Kagura can troll the monsters being half human tricksters.

Malice215

They need to just use the version number for these updates. Calling it the June update implies that there'd still be actual days left in the month of June before the patch drops. I pray that the patch isn't delayed.

I just found out that I missed the free DLC by A SINGLE DAY!!!! WTF Arc System Works!? Take a note from Lab Zero and extend it beyond a few weeks!

They want you to Kum early.

Big missed chance by capcom if they don't put sfv on sale during steam summer sale. Should make the entire game + season pass for 39.99 or 49.99. I think it will sell well.

Tripon

Hey everyone!

We’re back with another developer blog update on Street Fighter V as we wanted to share some great news surrounding matchmaking in the update coming next week. The server team has been hard at work making improvements to the online experience of the game, so hit the jump to see what to expect.

Improvements to Matchmaking Preferences

Since launch there have been issues where matchmaking preferences have not been working properly for some users. This includes hardware preference settings, connection quality settings and being matched with other players far outside of your League Point range. These issues have now been resolved.

Matchmaking Speed

In some cases, player’s League Points weren’t synchronizing across all servers which resulted in longer than expected wait times to find a match. With this fix, users should start seeing matches at a more rapid pace than before.

Smarter Matchmaking

Matching logic based on League Points has been improved and players should now be matched with other players of similar skill more often. There are also additional improvements to location based matchmaking, along with an increased range of qualified match candidates.

Improved Quality of Matches

Improvements were made to the connection range settings (1-5) and should more accurately reflect the quality of incoming matches.

That’s all the news for today but stay tuned as we have even more info surrounding the latest update coming next week! For the latest updates follow us at @StreetFighter on Twitter.

Haunts with a new update.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/06/23/street-fighter-v-development-update-vol-2

Gunslinger is like the anti lone dragon

For that to be true, he would need to spread his SFV trolling across the internet like lone dragon does. Dude is putting in work here, SRK, Capcom-Unity, Eventhubs, Twitter. He's doing more defending and communicating about the product than Capcom USA.

Sayad

It's like Capcom took things for granted.
It's like?! They pretty much came out and said they did. Still, they will get a free pass from the competitive scene until the end of the season, but if things doesn't change for season 2, they're going to face an NRS game level of post year 1 drop.

Nice, it's the update we should have got after Beta 2! :D

Tripon

How am I like him then? I criticize this game more than haters. I am a SF fanboy but call out capcom on their lazyness. Plus some harmless trolling here and there. Some fun jabs at the game. Unlike that zerotheshadow or something guy. Who despises even the thought of this game yet can't stop posting about it.

They said you were the anti-Lone Dragon. Learn to read.

shaowebb

Took a break from fighting game news to check out Culdcept Revolts latest Nintendo Direct. Even more crazy changes, but the most important take away is that there is now a card named Captain Cock.

Game of the forever.
King of Dinosaurs your gimmick is now only second best.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Took a break from fighting game news to check out Culdcept Revolts latest Nintendo Direct. Even more crazy changes, but the most important take away is that there is now a card named Captain Cock.

Game of the forever.
King of Dinosaurs your gimmick is now only second best.
Sounds like work is rubbing off on you

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a list yet of foreign players at CEO? Haven't seen anything in the FTW thread or eventhubs.
ClgFnnKWkAAHDyt.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/SRKRanking/status/745352213871067136

shaowebb

I really want it to come out in NA but if not I guess I'll import and admire all the pretty Nishimura art

imported a jp n3ds a while ago

We will need to play each other on this one. My God all the changes they've added.
Here's a link to the translation I posted to the Nintendo Direct thread

Control Towers, and Magic traps are some major changers of things like speed decks with holy words, and how to build a deck with so many armors or attack spells. Shit is getting REAL in this Culdcept. Nintendo is insane for not localizing yet. Launch even announced a new artbook.

This news plus seeing some sweet Kukri mixups in the KOF 14 trailer today have me super happy.
Sounds like work is rubbing off on you

Oh God no....NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Please don't let me great people with the word Cock now ;_;
I lol-ed hard though
Whats not to love? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom