• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perro

Wait, Destiny sold 20M and didn't meet expectations? Damn. And I thought Capcom was crazy with sales expectations.

Dahbomb

Everyone's fighting because we all got conned by Scamafune.
Absolutely not me. Not a single cent of my money was ever put into a Kickstarter and the only pre-order I have done for a video game is for DMC4SE because of the free Lady/Trish classic and Gloria costumes.

Line_HTX

I wonder why Namco never really embraced the string of classic fighting games being ported to last gen consoles with online like Capcom did.

mean sure we got Soul Calibur 2, but...we could've gotten arcade perfect versions of classic Namco fighters. Like Tekken 2, 3,

Kind of wished Tekken 5:DR on PS3 had the trilogy arcade ports too. :c

Wonder if NAmco actually has the code for that shit tho

EDIT: yo I forgot all about Tekken Hybrid lmao. Gonna watch that stupid Tekken animated movie now

Hybrid had Tag 1 HD but supposedly the port was laggy as hell, so any Tag 1 tournaments afterward was the PS2 version.

Ahh, DR... those stages were so much fun. I'm still hoping that Urban Jungle makes a comeback in FR, lmao

Warxard

Banned
Destiny is 'just ok'. Not what I wanted out of Bungie though.

Damn shame what they did to Marty and Joe though. Activision money too good.

Line_HTX

Absolutely not me. Not a single cent of my money was ever put into a Kickstarter and the only pre-order I have done for a video game is for DMC4SE because of the free Lady/Trish classic and Gloria costumes.

Neither did I. I'm glad I stayed away from the hype and even happier that I'm not a fan of MegaTwerp. It brings me pure joy when I see Zero die to XF3 Dark Angel for the match win.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Anyway Capcom has a lot of work to do. I'm actually more sick than anybody to hear people trash SFV but they aren't wrong. It's like Capcom took things for granted.

CO_Andy

You couldn't be more wrong on certain points. But this is not the thread for that.
For Destiny i'm talking about the game's initial release. Of course the game is now in a respectable state and has more than made its money back.

Wait, Destiny sold 20M and didn't meet expectations? Damn. And I thought Capcom was crazy with sales expectations.
The game didn't meet its initial sales projections nor was profitable at launch. Altogether Destiny's total cost to Activision was half a billion.

Warxard

Banned
Capcom has been coasting on the goodwill of their consumer audience for quite a long time now. If they're capable of learning from a fuckup as bad as SFxT, then they can learn from their fuckups in SFV. They do the things they do because they /know/ people will buy their shit, regardless if it's morally sound. You can see that same method of delivering information pre-launch, and post launch with NetherRealm. The only difference between Capcom and NetherRealm is that NetherRealm getting paid regardless of what the fuck we say. They're getting that money.

It's the internal struggle seen with Capcom USA and Capcom Japan that genuinely worries me. That lack of communication between the divisions could do more harm than good and I hope that can be fixed relatively soon. That shit killed SEGA more than once.

I went to Gamestop to pick up Doom (it was right next to Keva Juice), and when I got home I realized the employee didn't even put the game in the case. -_- I had to go back and get it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Vote Trump. He will make sure Capcom USA has all the power. You'd figure they do stuff like make the bosses have their correct names by now.

Harada talking about PC/PS4/Xbone crossplay for Tekken 7

will that be the first game where PS4 players can fight Xbox live players

Doesn't Rocket League have cross play between PSN and Xbox Live?

In Fighting Games, I think Tekken 7 might be the first fighting game with that kind of cross platform play; between PSN and Xbox Live.

ShinMaruku

I love this fan art
source

Shin approves.
maxresdefault.jpg
:E

I actually found this game surprisingly competent. It's not technically difficult like DMC games (besides cool combos having just frames), but the fact that any move basically can be canceled into a character switch allowed me to do a lot of fun things, like since Saaya has a lot of active frames on her chainsaw, you can have her locking down someone, then switch to someone else to continue a combo. Just doing a super, then swapping a character while the animation going allows some pretty hectic stuff to happen. I picked up the game just because someone mentioned Aya had spiral swords, and that move is basically busted in every game it is in. The game is rather easy compared to other games though, since basically you have to lose 4 whole characters before you die and there is a lot of "game flow" between getting super, getting demon mode up, team assist stuff, then rotating it so you can do lots of damage. The only thing I found out you have to watch out for is something like eating misery's spin when you have multiple characters out, which can hurt a lot.

https://twitter.com/jiyunaJP/status/745748696856297472

According to JIYUNA (Daigo the beast TV producer/announcer according to his twitter)Daigo said hes not ready to win EVO but will try to win CPT cup. Also daigo thinks hes not sure if SFV will be played anymore after CPT cup.

The tweet:
-EVO is too soon for him. He's not ready. -His goal is on Capcom Cup results because he doesn't know if SFV will still be played next year. -JIYUNA

But reading more I think Daigo meant the Japanese Arcade scene is not existent for this game for obvious reasons. PRrog chimed in to saying hes been to Japan 6 times and 95% of the time he played on Arcades. SFV seems like its struggling badly in Japan due to no arcade release.

Damn even Daigo not sure about SFV anymore....

Credit: JIYUNA on twitter

Neoxon

https://twitter.com/jiyunaJP/status/745748696856297472

According to JIYUNA (Daigo the beast TV producer/announcer according to his twitter)Daigo said hes not ready to win EVO but will try to win CPT cup. Also daigo thinks hes not sure if SFV will be played anymore after CPT cup.

The tweet:
-EVO is too soon for him. He's not ready. -His goal is on Capcom Cup results because he doesn't know if SFV will still be played next year. -JIYUNA

But reading more I think Daigo meant the Japanese Arcade scene is not existent for this game for obvious reasons. PRrog chimed in to saying hes been to Japan 6 times and 95% of the time he played on Arcades. SFV seems like its struggling badly in Japan due to no arcade release.

Damn even Daigo not sure about SFV anymore....

Credit: JIYUNA on twitter
I think this was touched on earlier. As implied in the tweets, it's less about SFV as a game, & more about SFV needing an arcade release for the Japanese. Though if I recall, KoF isn't getting an arcade release for KoFXIV.

CO_Andy

Capcom's last big arcade release was Luigi's Mansion last year. Yeesh. They can't develop or publish anything themselves these days without some sugar daddy.

#blameInafune

Neoxon

I could see Capcom going for an arcade release of Street Fighter V after Wave 1 wraps up, though the cabinets may need a big hard drive given the game's method of updates.

Kumubou

I could see Capcom going for an arcade release of Street Fighter V after Wave 1 wraps up, though the cabinets may need a big hard drive given the game's method of updates.
What operators are going to lay out tons of cash for arcade hardware that's going to have no real draw compared to the home release? It might make sense as a Nesica network release, but those machines are seriously old, and they would need to basically backport the game to last-gen hardware.

Sayad

Only game I ever preordered was GGXrd R, not sure if that count though since you imediatly get a demo bigger than SFV for preordering it. :3

What operators are going to lay out tons of cash for arcade hardware that's going to have no real draw compared to the home release? It might make sense as a Nesica network release, but those machines are seriously old, and they would need to basically backport the game to last-gen hardware.
Revelator runs on Aime, I'm sure they could get it on there. Not sure on the difference in hardware

Nuu

Banned
So I just got Guilty Gear Revelator. How do I dowbliad the free DLC characters? When I go to the store there is a price listed

Chase17

So I just got Guilty Gear Revelator. How do I dowbliad the free DLC characters? When I go to the store there is a price listed
I think it's too late. I missed them as well. You can get Raven with the in game currency but I believe you need to pay for Kum now.

I actually found this game surprisingly competent. It's not technically difficult like DMC games (besides cool combos having just frames), but the fact that any move basically can be canceled into a character switch allowed me to do a lot of fun things, like since Saaya has a lot of active frames on her chainsaw, you can have her locking down someone, then switch to someone else to continue a combo. Just doing a super, then swapping a character while the animation going allows some pretty hectic stuff to happen. I picked up the game just because someone mentioned Aya had spiral swords, and that move is basically busted in every game it is in. The game is rather easy compared to other games though, since basically you have to lose 4 whole characters before you die and there is a lot of "game flow" between getting super, getting demon mode up, team assist stuff, then rotating it so you can do lots of damage. The only thing I found out you have to watch out for is something like eating misery's spin when you have multiple characters out, which can hurt a lot.
Are you playing the Steam release?

Are you playing the Steam release?

Yea I have it on steam. I still need to to get everything done in the game but my backlog of games is getting kind of crazy because I feel obligated on brushing up on fighting games around this time. If the game is on sale I say it's worth a shot. The weakest apart of the game is the mundane level design and the enemies aren't great especially in a genre with some standout enemies. But they are your punching bag in the sense that there are a lot of enemies to go through in one fight usually.

Nuu

Banned
I just found out that I missed the free DLC by A SINGLE DAY!!!! WTF Arc System Works!? Take a note from Lab Zero and extend it beyond a few weeks!

Yea I have it on steam. I still need to to get everything done in the game but my backlog of games is getting kind of crazy because I feel obligated on brushing up on fighting games around this time. If the game is on sale I say it's worth a shot. The weakest apart of the game is the mundane level design and the enemies aren't great especially in a genre with some standout enemies. But they are your punching bag in the sense that there are a lot of enemies to go through in one fight usually.

Thanks for the impressions. Hopefully it's part of the summer sale, but it just came out so I doubt it. Wishlisting it just in case.

Line_HTX

If you fish the DLC character out it's already unlocked at that point?

Or is there a period where they're free and you download first and don't have to fish or some...thing???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom