• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

EVOVerified account
‏@EVO
Congrats Melee players! You have also topped 2,000 entries, making Evo 2016 the biggest smash tournament ever! #Evo2016

https://twitter.com/EVO/status/746373585250312192

I really hope EVO enforces mandatory showers for everyone that attends.

----

ClskYwIUYAYEc-E.jpg

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/746387526261211136

I forgot if that was a smash thing or an Evo thing. I've heard some horror stories before.

It's a con thing. A mix of folks who can't be arsed to take 5 minutes out of their day to commit hygiene and folks who pretty much homeless and spend the entire weekend either in the dealer room/pools or bouncing from room party to room party.

It's a relatively small minority, but it doesn't take much to turn the air into early 80s LA.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Wonder why there is no Sim Luffy mod.

This year just doesn't feel the same without Madcatz deals during Majors. Hori is the king once again. Maybe Madcatz sticks are worth a fortune now.

Wonder why there is no Sim Luffy mod.

This year just doesn't feel the same without Madcatz deals during Majors. Hori is the king once again. Maybe Madcatz sticks are worth a fortune now.

In that case, Markman would be set for life. Dude has stacks of them.

Dahbomb

It's $15 on Steam right now. I'm interested in checking out the other characters but are there any other major changes to the game?
There aren't major changes to the game outside of the new characters unfortunately. Good thing is that the move acquisition rate is pretty fast now, there's actual auto save and the sprint kicks in faster. Also the Proud Souls are account wide so if you buy a few moves on Vergil then realize you don't like him, you can start up Lady and then you will have a bunch of Proud Souls for you to use on Lady (the ones you spent on Vergil).

Floe reading classic literature to 2.2k refugees from the CEO stream. The Viscant story along with how Akuma Stole Christmas are pretty much FGC canon at this point.

spoDklF.jpg

it is what it is mayne

More like:
sf5_by_emezie-da7nqis.png

Pretty sure if it was like +r to xrd or ttt2 to t7 etc. The new game in casuals would bring in more interest than the one considered dead

SF4 was on the main stream, SF5 was on the side stream. You guys don't seem to understand how stream numbers work. You don't just stream a game on any old channel, at any old time and magically get numbers.

Sorry, I know GAF is thirsty for a sign...ANY sign that SF5 is dying. But SF4 isn't overtaking SF5 in any way. Faulty analysis aside.

We haven't even gotten into SF5 pools yet, and SF5 was breaking 20k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom