• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

CrOLP1LUAAAQ-ny.jpg

Level Up will stream First attack. Also, these people will be going to First Attack.

https://twitter.com/TheAlexValle/status/771113242068328448

Should be easy points for Daigo.

Fixed, most of America's best are going to First Attack. Leaving pretty much only the East coast to defend against Daigo. As for First Attack, I do consider GO1 the favorite but it won't be free for him.

Unless you didn't mean to imply that he'd win for free

ShinMaruku

I think it's either go1 or Du. I don't know enough about the other Japanese player to judge. But it's between those two easy.

Tripon

TGS Premier notables:

2nPoyqz.png

Full entry list here:

http://beastapac.com/japancup/#playerlist

More Information on Japan Cup 2016

Live stream will be on capcomfighters, just like all Premier Events!
Brackets will be released on beastapac.challonge.com
Commentators are @Zhieeep, @thatMikeRossguy, KBradJStorm, @Burnoutfighter and Cameraman(@SGfighter)
Streamers are @Xsplit from @Farpenoodle, @Offcast, @teamSpooky and @Beastapac

http://capcomprotour.com/player-list-event-info-japan-cup-tgs-2016/

Producer

Fixed, most of America's best are going to First Attack. Leaving pretty much only the East coast to defend against Daigo. As for First Attack, I do consider GO1 the favorite but it won't be free for him.

Unless you didn't mean to imply that he'd win for free

I dunno, i think only nuckledu could be a threat.

How come NRS games always look so bad in motion? The animations looks so stiff compared to games like kof,sf,arcsys games etc. I mean they certainly don't have financial issues as they are the king of financial success when it comes to FGs. But dear Lord man maybe invest in a new engine perhaps. I don't know I am sure lot of work goes into it. I just play the games so my knowledge of animation is next to 0. But if other companies can design fluid animations why can't they? One of the main reason I can't get into NRS/midway games.

Skilletor

How come NRS games always look so bad in motion? The animations looks so stiff compared to games like kof,sf,arcsys games etc. I mean they certainly don't have financial issues as they are the king of financial success when it comes to FGs. But dear Lord man maybe invest in a new engine perhaps. I don't know I am sure lot of work goes into it. I just play the games so my knowledge of animation is next to 0. But if other companies can design fluid animations why can't they? One of the main reason I can't get into NRS/midway games.

Because people don't give a shit.

VariantX

The majority of people who buy those games don't care. They wouldn't have bought deadly alliance if animation mattered and they wouldn't have bought anything until MKX since its the first one with relatively decent animations for an NRS game. What sells is what always sold MK, flash and spectacle along with big single player modes.

BadWolf

People can play across continents and be good now so, hm.

Party battle was working properly before the patch (the only mode that wasn't bugged) and I've been playing against Japanese players all week (I'm in Canada). Over 90% of the matches were very smooth.

mbpm1

Meanwhile SFV puts you against people on other continents and shows people who have terrible connections as 5 bars

The funny thing is Xrd using the same base engine, Unreal 3. It has to intentional in some way whether it's budget, time, etc. because I doubt their animators are incapable of doing good work.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
KOF's online now feels better for me than pre-patch party or "series lobby" online. That's an impressive "patch".

Twitter is lit with all the "If netcode was holding you back, it's not anymore!" style commentary... and I'm glad to see it's working solidly for basically everyone. Any game can have a bad match here or there, but the majority of matches from people all seem to be above-average to great.

How come NRS games always look so bad in motion? The animations looks so stiff compared to games like kof,sf,arcsys games etc. I mean they certainly don't have financial issues as they are the king of financial success when it comes to FGs.

To chime in, it has nothing to do with money in this case. They like their motions, style, and THEY think it looks good. That's just part of their style.

Compared to JP fighters, I think NRS stuff looks sloppy. But the combos they make for you (Dial-a-combos?) flow nicely. The are designers that animate multiple moves start and end frames to end at similar places, so that the moves appear to flow. They make every move so independent from the others, that they all look as if they're starting from a different neutral pose. It does look like quick camera cuts in a low-budget dub of an old Kung-Fu movie, which I appreciate on it's own, but otherwise...

CurlyW

Smash has their own in depth ranking system for Melee. From what they were saying, they believe it to be very accurate and it's widely accepted within their community.

This isn't actually true. The Melee community does not currently have a universally-accepted objective/quantitative national ranking system. Local and regional systems may use quantitative measures to determine local rankings, but there is no national standard. All seeding done for big tournaments is usually done my a small group of seeders who decide on the order for the Top X players. There are the MIOM rankings, which were used for Genesis seeding, but those are the aggregated results of a scene-wide poll of local TOs and community leaders, not an objective measure based entirely on results.

If you could get the Melee community to agree on a set schedule of key tournaments and a universal standardized point system to determine rankings and seeds (like how professional tennis works) then maybe floating would be okay (again like tennis). But it's unlikely that the Melee community would ever agree to a standardized point system like this for the simple reason that PPMD would end up seeded around 20 or lower because he rarely attends events. And that just wouldn't be acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom