• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayad

People still can't seem to grasp the concept that netcode can't fix terrible connections.

Netcode is only half the battle, you must also account for the connection as well. Some folks you will never have a good match due to their location or their means. As long as KOF's baseline is improved all will be fine.

100% this

Only pay attention to people comparing the netcode to other fighting games they play, while playing lobby matches with friends not ranked with randoms. If it's the same connection, against the same people, then it's most probably on the game's netcode if they're having problems they don't usually have in other games.

NEO0MJ

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Dahbomb and kirblar said it was fine I think.

maybe if you're only thinking about like, Genesis ports or something.

Gameboy port was so smooth.

Sayad

maybe if you're only thinking about like, Genesis ports or something.
CO_Andy was criticizing how characters "pivot and not display the full range of human bodily motion" in the 3D games, something that was way worse in the 2D ones where every move is completely separate from what comes before/after it(duh!). 2D MK looks awful during combos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SET5SB_0Hco
Those hit-stun animation, lmao!

UMK3 still have the best Sonya though. :3

Every time I see UMK3 and MK4 footage it reminds me of a problem I have with MK9/Inj/X/Inj2.

The dial combos feel much worse with the slower animations with more frames, and so too does the whole game feel as a result.

MK3/4's combo strings are really satisfying to watch with the fast and snappy almost instant pose to pose combined with the big hitstop and hit sound and screen shake on each hit.

In the new games you have to input them just as fast, except you can let go of the controller and watch a movie play out afterwards.

Lol, saying "So?" As a response isn't an argument. You had nothing to say, Beef.

Because I've been saying the same thing every time someone says "ew icky" to a graphics post, whether it's NRS or not. At some point it gets fucking tiring. It's fine to notlikething.jpg, but at least come up with a reason beyond some idiotic reason like how it looks in stills.

Tripon

Because I've been saying the same thing every time someone says "ew icky" to a graphics post, whether it's NRS or not. At some point it gets fucking tiring. It's fine to notlikething.jpg, but at least come up with a reason beyond some idiotic reason like how it looks in stills.
I'm sorry, you can't just stake by and pretend people understand your viewpoint every time something comes up. You either want to participate or not Beef.

It's not even a graphics argument, it's a movement/hurtbox argument since MKX uses character meshed hitboxes. The way the characters animate and move is totally a game play consideration in MKX.

I'm sorry, you can't just stake by and pretend people understand your viewpoint every time something comes up. You either want to participate or not Beef.

It's not even a graphics argument, it's a movement/hurtbox argument since MKX uses character meshed hitboxes. The way the characters animate and move is totally a game play consideration in MKX.

You're right, I don't want to participate in arguments based off of graphics because they're always fucking stupid. So I respond to those arguments with exactly the amount of effort they deserve as opposed to actually engaging the other person, because after 5 years on this site I've learned that lesson the hard way.

Tripon

You're right, I don't want to participate in arguments based off of graphics because they're always fucking stupid. So I respond to those arguments with exactly the amount of effort they deserve as opposed to actually engaging the other person, because after 5 years on this site I've learned that lesson the hard way.

So don't be mad when people call you out on it?

Dahbomb

To me MK animations are mediocre because they don't follow proper action animation. That is to say the harder hitting attacks don't start out slow and then build up momentum/speed during the animation and have some act of slowing down after the hit. It all just happens at the same speed when it is starting up. The MK attacks don't feel like they have weight to them unless they are accompanied by some over the top screen shake or sound effect.

Like if you slow down a move in Tekken and observe its animations, you will see the difference in quality.

Come on Beef, people are talking about how it animates, not the quality of the models or how it looks in screenshots. This affects feel and gameplay and this relates to how people feel about the game.

I don't think anybody has said MK looks stupid, haha. Graphics and animation are different.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
LOL Daigo is tearing it up. It's definitely not a philly cheesesteak from a well known place.

Someone needed to translate what he's saying. He looks like he's just saying some random stuff.

Hey if anyone is doing a fighting game weekend thread in the main forum Celtic Throwdown is on in dublin.

I really should have promoted it here a bit but sure life was in the way.

Anywho it's a CPT Ranking event,on today and tomorrow.

My personal plan is to Win the ST tournament that Grand master Challenge are hosting on CPS 2.

I'll let you know how that goes.

Stream is up: www.twitch.tv/brianvondoom

Any Irish people post on here?

shaowebb

Hey if anyone is doing a fighting game weekend thread in the main forum Celtic Throwdown is on in dublin.

My personal plan is to Win the ST tournament that Grand master Challenge are hosting on CPS 2.

Thanks for the stream. I'll be sure to tune in.

Wait a second...

image.php

Is that...oh man...it is.

b3A98wY.jpg

Its the image I made for the Space Battleship Girlfriend VR thread lol! Thanks for the memories. This just made my day :p

Tripon

Any Irish people post on here?
Added it to the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom