• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
--_____--

HnLSL.gif

CurlyW

Tennis doesn't float players, though. And even then seeds are determined on a circuit by circuit basis I think

They do. If you're not ranked in the Top 100 and didn't receive a Wild Card spot, you have to play in the qualifying rounds before the tournament to get in.

And I don't know what you mean by "circuit by circuit" basis. Seeds are based on the ATP/WTA rankings, where players accumulate points based on their performance in tournaments over the previous 12 months. Performance at majors is given more weight than performance at other events as well.

Who was asking for that
Compared to JP fighters, I think NRS stuff looks sloppy. But the combos they make for you (Dial-a-combos?) flow nicely. The are designers that animate multiple moves start and end frames to end at similar places, so that the moves appear to flow. They make every move so independent from the others, that they all look as if they're starting from a different neutral pose. It does look like quick camera cuts in a low-budget dub of an old Kung-Fu movie, which I appreciate on it's own, but otherwise...

They do. If you're not ranked in the Top 100 and didn't receive a Wild Card spot, you have to play in the qualifying rounds before the tournament to get in.

And I don't know what you mean by "circuit by circuit" basis. Seeds are based on the ATP/WTA rankings, where players accumulate points based on their performance in tournaments over the previous 12 months. Performance at majors is given more weight than performance at other events as well.

Apparently tennis tourneys don't work at all like I thought they did lol

I'm trying to figure out why people want realistic movements in games that are all about doing things people cannot do IRL.

People want smoother movements. Nothing in those japanese fighting games looks realistic. It just looks better animation wise. Tekken 7 is pretty unrealistic in alot of the new moves, but it just looks good.

I think NRS stuff looks choppy and stiff as well, imo. Not about being realistic. I like the type of the moves they are doing, I wish it looked better.

CO_Andy

I'm trying to figure out why people want realistic movements in games that are all about doing things people cannot do IRL.
The characters in 3D MK are animated like action figurines who can only pivot and not display the full range of human bodily motion.

Even 2D MK looked better in this regard.

pizzacat

Banned
I mean there's a game that just recently came out with nothing but matrix looking people in it and it features the illuminati and people seem to like it I guess so maybe that's not so bad

Dahbomb

I mean there's a game that just recently came out with nothing but matrix looking people in it and it features the illuminati and people seem to like it I guess so maybe that's not so bad
I was going to ask what game is that then I realized you are talking about Deus Ex lol.

CurlyW

Tournament thread is up. East Coast Throwdown, First Attack, Ze Fighting Game Championship, and Celtic Throwdown.

Basically all four CPT regions are having a tournament this weekend.

First Attack is part of CPT NA, not CPT LA. I don't know why either.

ShinMaruku

Netcode is only half the battle, you must also account for the connection as well. Some folks you will never have a good match due to their location or their means. As long as KOF's baseline is improved all will be fine.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Fighting games seem to have a problem with filtering out bad ones, too. KoF has the same problem SFV had, where you're getting worse connections than you set up in your settings.

Doomshine

Netcode is only half the battle, you must also account for the connection as well. Some folks you will never have a good match due to their location or their means. As long as KOF's baseline is improved all will be fine.
Pretty sure I've seen people in this very thread suggest that WiFi is "fine" for playing fighting games online, so yeah.

Sayad

The characters in 3D MK are animated like action figurines who can only pivot and not display the full range of human bodily motion.

Even 2D MK looked better in this regard.
NRS animation is kinda shit, but this is just silly. Their 2D animation was worse, much, much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom