• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I'll let you know though that the netcode in the VF2 port that wound up in Yakuza 5 was really bad.

It'll be pretty funny to bring Yakuza 6 to my local fight night though.

shaowebb

That post was pretty dope Shaowebb, gonna have to try that game out when I get a chance.

Glad you enjoyed it. I'm a major fan of bullethell and years ago I discovered a bullethell fighting game called Senko No Ronde by G.Rev who are famous for things like Border Down and Under Defeat. Turns out this game was so popular that tournaments were ran for it in korea and japan and its crazy fun to play and watch. It got a sequel called Senko No Ronde disunited order (or Senko no ronde DUO as it was called) and it added things like assist calling. The first title was localised to the 360 as "wartech" and is still fantastic fun too.

If you feel it seems similar to Psychic Force there is a reason. Some of the taito staff that made Psychic Force worked on Senko No Ronde for G. Rev. Whats neat is that in addition to regular sub and main weapons, you have special moves you can input and depending on whether or not an enemy passes within the range of the rings denoting your weapon it may change the weapon you use (like actual grapples and melee stuff). Plus on last hit you tend to enter "Vanish" state that shrinks your hitbox and if you use your Boss mode super it is more powerful and known as Final Boss mode during vanish state in those titles

Genso No Rondo has a lot of this. It seems to use grazing to fill meter, and you have main,sub, and special shots and special consumes charge. I need to find out whether Focus refers to EX attacks or barriers or what in this title but there are generally tools involved to let you fire crazier shots and to clear bullets and enjoy temporary invulnerability in these titles.

I'll report back with a detailed guide on Genso No Rondo after I get my special edition in the mail. I look forward to sharing the experience.
I miss the days Shmups starred ships instead of anime ;-;

Battle Garegga is coming to PS4, Crimzon Clover World Ignition is bullethell cocaine, Jamestown + is fantastic, Darius Burst Chronicle Saviors just finished a poll for DLC hinting that we'll get a mode to play it R-Type style (plus it already has tons of other games as DLC play mechanics already and 1000s of stages), Raiden just got a sequel, and Degica continues to kill it by bringing over things like the Zeal titles to steam.

There's plenty of non anime out there. Genso no Rondo just happens to be a title that is tied to the Touhou project games that are being brought over to console through NISA is all.

shaowebb

Wait what? Since when? Damn thats crazy

Come join the shooty celebration.

Now with nearly as much zoning as Morridoom. :D

EDIT: Hell with it. One more Touhou Genso no Rondo gif of a boss mode spellcard! These Touhou patterns are so gorgeous.I love this game already. Not every fighting game lets you do this to each other. I hope more games cross genres with bullethell like this.

QbH5xnW.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand why they don't communicate that at all. What's so hard about tweeting that out?

shaowebb

Oh neat. Apparently in Genso Rondo its called Sub, Main, and Charge moves since the last ones use the charge gauge. Use up too much charge and you "Charge Break" locking you out of those kind of attacks until you build gauge. Grazing builds the charges back. You have a dash and slow move button. Slow move gives you more precise dodging, dashes allow you to move through bullets unharged. Slow eats up charge but grazing in Slow charges far more than normal grazing. Three types of melee too. Sub, main, and special. Main can be combo-ed but blocked, subs can't be blocked, and specials can be used to destroy bullets at any range and convert them into P tokens to power up with but since P tokens are very low in power its not a big deal to go fishing for those boosts all the time though special melee gives you random P tokens and some may be more powerful.

That seems about the gist of it! The dash and slow graze systems feel great right now. Its been forever since I played Senko No Ronde Duo. About a year in fact. Loving Genso so far.

Utsuho is RIDICULOUS.

Fills the scream with Dormammu's flame orbs then sends out spiraling sinewaves of large orbs for her sub main and charge attacks. Gets even more ridiculous with her boss mode spellcards. At least my bombs vs boss mode attacks are enormous.

EDIT: My god Utsuho's bombs and normal attacks when taking on someone's boss mode are so huge and hit so many times that they actually seem to cover more ground than Boss Mode attacks! Go ahead and use spellcard. Its free damage for Utsuho if you choose to assume a form that has low mobility vs her enormous hit boxes.

This character should have smaller dashes and mobility if they're gonna be this good at damage up close and mid range.I'm not even certain dashes can make it out the other side of her fireballs to avoid taking hits because they're so big...

shaowebb

Utsuho is nuclear power, so of course she's gonna have giant hitboxes.

Yeah, it makes sense. Hilarious that the character is literally an anthropomorphicised bird with a memory thats about 2 minutes long though. Hadn't seen that gimmick before.

Best tactic I've found is to use Marisa. She has a LOT of spread shots to eat up space but she has a star shot that knocks folks out that homes. This is pretty well how I deal with Utsuho at the moment...I keep her out and NEVER use Spellcards vs her insane damage and hitboxes. Just keep laying down danmaku fields of star shaped hell and tossing knockback attacks with Marisa into them to keep her out. They should probably consider speading up the size decay on Utsuho's shots some though. That or chop her mobility down to about what that puppet girl's is to prevent her from staying inside so easily. As is I can do nearly half someone's life off of a single successful rushdown.

Line_HTX

Oh what, you can take multiple hits like a health bar instead of one hit, one death like a regular schmup?

That's a huge weight off the shoulders if Genso no Rondo is like that.

Producer

im so glad we are getting some good shmups this gen, even if they're ports/remasters. nowadays people think shmup they think resogun, sine mora, velocity2x....yuck

shaowebb

Oh what, you can take multiple hits like a health bar instead of one hit, one death like a regular schmup?

That's a huge weight off the shoulders if Genso no Rondo is like that.
Yup yup. Its a fighting game/bullethell genre blend and just like the G.Rev titles that inspired it (Senko no Ronde) you gots a vitality meter. In fact, even though you get health for your Boss form you still only have the same max vitality I believe. Watch out in Boss mode...you become a sitting duck vs some folks so its one helluva gamble. I generally think its best to pop it early or not at all and just save the charge meter for the slow movement grazing and charge attacks. Rocking those is a great use for a lotta the cast for me so far, but if I see someone without bombs...GG. I'm popping spellcard.
im so glad we are getting some good shmups this gen, even if they're ports/remasters. nowadays people think shmup they think resogun, sine mora, velocity2x....yuck

Crimson Clover and...?

Dariusburst, Astebreed was decent. Then the cave steam ports, n now some ps4 stuff.
Beaten so hard to this statement. Dont forget all the great ports and sequels too. The zeal games, Raiden V, and then stuff that mixes it up like Galak Z or other genre crosses like the beat em up stuff in Furi or Roguelike stuff in enter the Gungeon. Lots goin on in the genre. Usually more twinstick experiments than pure shmup but its all good lately.
I enjoyed Astebreed. I may end up getting this 2hu game, although I'm not sure how a competitive shmup will feel to me.
If you get it we should play. Its super fun. There are definite counterpicks in the game so far. Loving having another Rondo style title to enjoy...just all footsies and frenzies.

shaowebb

Would play more GalakZ if they we're less harsh on the spelunky type system. Rogue Legacy was the perfect rogue-like for a 2-d game.

No arguments there. Rogue Legacy was up there as a game of the year candidate for me the year it hit. Who'd have thought the same folks who made "Dont shit your pants" would make something that amazing years later. Still love Ponce de Leon's theme. Wish a Rogue Legacy dude would start showing up in other games the same way Guacamelee and Shovel Knight are. If I was doin an indie crossover promotion it'd be a top grab prospect to seek out.

BBCF digital preorders on JP PSN is up. Preordering now will get you a demo similar to Xrd Revelator did. Online lobbies too from the 9th to 11th of this month. No news of the demo for other regions just yet since this news came out in surprise.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja...tion/cid=JP0036-CUSA04103_00-FULLGAME00000000

I haven't made a thread, but someone else can. Wanted to make sure all the info gets confirmed for sure.
I want this for the west so bad. :-O

Kumubou

Hey, two of those games are actually decent. Sine Mora can get right fucked, though.

And later on you mention the Cave games on Steam, and... uh... they're not good ports. Well, Mushihimesama is servicable but has (or had?) some wonkiness to it, but the slowdown in Deathsmiles is completely fucked. It's like they used the initial release of the US X360 version and forgot the update or something. It's completely jacked up, though -- for example, the Ice Palace in MBL 1.5 mode runs about twice as fast on the PC version as it does on the JP X360 release.

Producer

Hey, two of those games are actually decent. Sine Mora can get right fucked, though.

And later on you mention the Cave games on Steam, and... uh... they're not good ports. Well, Mushihimesama is servicable but has (or had?) some wonkiness to it, but the slowdown in Deathsmiles is completely fucked. It's like they used the initial release of the US X360 version and forgot the update or something. It's completely jacked up, though -- for example, the Ice Palace in MBL 1.5 mode runs about twice as fast on the PC version as it does on the JP X360 release.

Yeah i heard about the deathsmiles issues, sounds bad. From what i heard the port also introduced slowdown in areas that didnt have it before. I only got mushihimesama on steam since that was jp 360 only.

Dlent

No Ultrachentv today either.

I guess it's time to play that Lords of Fallen game then.

It crashed on me after killing the second boss, and I don't know if I'm going to ever start it up again. It let me appreciate Souls' more, at least.

shaowebb

Yeah i heard about the deathsmiles issues, sounds bad. From what i heard the port also introduced slowdown in areas that didnt have it before. I only got mushihimesama on steam since that was jp 360 only.

Same. I was honestly holding out hope they would've added the android Deathsmiles character, story and customization as a mode to the pc port to make a complete edition. There was no reason to double dip on deathsmiles for me. A lot of wasted potential there. Sequel was way better in scoring anyhow.

Line_HTX

Dang, those big JP media companies partnering up with EVO to bring EVO to Japan. This is a pretty big backing from them.

No Yakuza style thuggery allowed with that money involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom